Windows 10: Streaming Media Performance Windows 10 Pro v. 7 Ultimate??

Discus and support Streaming Media Performance Windows 10 Pro v. 7 Ultimate?? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; is there any significant diff in Media Streaming performance Windows 10 Pro vs. Windows 7 Ultimate? the machine in question is a hardware raid config... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cognus, Feb 12, 2016.

1. cognus Win User

Streaming Media Performance Windows 10 Pro v. 7 Ultimate??

is there any significant diff in Media Streaming performance Windows 10 Pro vs. Windows 7 Ultimate? the machine in question is a hardware raid config being used to store/stream media for other users on the small LAN.

anyone seen both or before/after and is there any big diff?

:)

cognus, Feb 12, 2016
  2. CraigLong Win User

Windows Home Server

I'm trying to get Windows 10 "Fetch Files" working for streaming videos. It does see the files on the computer (they are not in the online OneDrive). A video player does open and it looks like it's buffering but it says it can't stream the video and asks
    me to download the video instead. Try getting that to work.

Windows Media Player is supposed to be able to stream video away from home. At least it worked with Windows 7.

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/stream_remote_media_with_windows_7.htm

Fetch Files:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3LaMOMFRP8

CraigLong, Feb 12, 2016
  3. RoCSi_56 Win User
    RoCSi_56, Feb 12, 2016
Thema:

Streaming Media Performance Windows 10 Pro v. 7 Ultimate??

1. Streaming Media Performance Windows 10 Pro v. 7 Ultimate?? - Similar Threads - Streaming Media Performance

2. Windows 10 Ultimate Performance mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Ultimate Performance mode: Hi, I enabled the Ultimate Performance mode on my Windows 10 laptop (21H1 update) and ran Cinebench R23 to check the performance of the CPU in this mode. However, I was left quite disappointed. The Multi-core and Single-core scores I got was exactly the same that I had got...
  3. windows 10 streaming and performance issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 streaming and performance issue: Hi All , any one have an idea how to fix streaming and low performance issues on windows 10 ? after i upgraded from windows 7 to 10 my notebook performance decreased a lot and streaming meanly is a disaster , i followed some troubleshooting process to update and activate...
  4. window 7 ultimate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    window 7 ultimate: does window 10 pro. comes with window 7 ultimate setup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-7-ultimate/95c32564-bbc3-45b5-b895-92a51423c04b"
  5. Windows 7 Ultimate To Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Ultimate To Windows 10 Pro?: I used a Windows 7 Ultimate key to upgrade my Windows 10, and it says Pro, not Enterprise. Ultimate is a higher version than Enterprise, I'm wondering why it went to Pro instead. Can one upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise from any Windows 7 key? 128143
  6. media streaming/Win10 v.1803 Pr

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    media streaming/Win10 v.1803 Pr: I have selected all media steaming options(?) The pg. allowing media streaming to be turn on(off) I am unable to turn on the program. Pgm.Continiusly starts. then Stops almost immediately... I need instructions about streaming,using Win10 ProV1803 running on a HP Compaq...
  7. Windows 7 Ultimate -> Windows 10 Pro -> ??? -> Windows 10 Enterprise?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Ultimate -> Windows 10 Pro -> ??? -> Windows 10 Enterprise?: I originally had Windows 7 ultimate on my computer prior to the free upgrade, and then I was moved to Windows 10 Pro. Yet somehow I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise now, and the computer keeps asking me to activate it. What is happening??...
  8. MacBook Pro, Parallels Desktop 10, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 10 Pro

MacBook Pro, Parallels Desktop 10, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 10 Pro: I've tried 3 or 4 Windows operating systems but I still don't have Wi-Fi connection. Please I need your assistance before I go crazy. Thank you. 71759
  9. Windows 10 Media Streaming

Windows 10 Media Streaming: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. I use Windows Media Player to stream media to my bluray player downstairs. This has always worked flawlessly on Windows 7, but since moving to 10 media streaming sems to turn itself off entirely between reboots, and...
  10. Windows 10 Media Streaming

Windows 10 Media Streaming: I cannot find the Control Panel option to turn on Media Streaming. I have gone into the advanced settings but the option is just not there...... [img] This is all the screen shows....no Streaming option I have the latest Win10 ver 1511, build 10586.14 which came out a...