Windows 10: Streaming Media to LG TV - Can Only See Files in the Default Four Folders

Discus and support Streaming Media to LG TV - Can Only See Files in the Default Four Folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi There, I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my media server and now my LG TV can only see files in the default 'Video' folder on that machine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PutuNix, Feb 23, 2021.

1. PutuNix Win User

Streaming Media to LG TV - Can Only See Files in the Default Four Folders

Hi There,

I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my media server and now my LG TV can only see files in the default 'Video' folder on that machine. Similarly, it can only see music in the default 'Music' folder.

On my Windows 10 workstation, I have the same result; both WMP and VLC can only see the files in these default folders and VLC can see the whole directory tree but no contents.

Strangely enough, I can see all the shares on an iPad 2 using SMB sharing in VLC and play media from any of the folders shared by WMP.

I have added all the media to the libraries in Windows Media Player and have installed the SMB Windows option.

I'm running Windows Version: 10.0.19042.804 on both Windows machines.

I have tried all the common solutions and reinstalled everything and wiped the libraries etc.

There seem to be lots of instances of similar problems but no definitive answers.

Thanks in advance for a solution.

:)

PutuNix, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Samuria Win User

Streaming from PC to LG TV

right click on the files on the pc select cast to tv simple or on tv select imput my lg then shows my shared folders and you can stream that way but the right click is simpler

Samuria, Feb 23, 2021
  3. chamlin Win User
    Accessing Desired Folders - Media Streaming Options

Goal: Watch videos & listen to music that is stored on my PC --- on my LG TV. I have gotten this to work, but not the folders I want.

1. Have connected my Win 10 Pro computer to my wired router.
    2. Have connected my new LG TV to my wired router.
    3. The PC sees the "Media Devices" of the LG TV.
    4. The LG sees my PC, calls it "storage" as part of its "media sharing" system.
    5. When I click to watch or listen, the TV seems to only have access to the PC's default C: drive Music, Video, Photos folders.
    6. I don't store anything there. Have my videos, etc. on different drives.
    7. I have tested moving a video and audio file to those c: drive folders, and they work. So...

Does anyone have any idea to be able to access my needed folders? Or if not, maybe to convert those C: drive folders into shortcuts for the file folders I want to access? Would suck to have to copy files to the C: drive all the time.

Thanks!

chamlin, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Streaming Media to LG TV - Can Only See Files in the Default Four Folders

Streaming from PC to LG TV

Hi
    womder if there are any recommendations for streaming video from my PC to my TV ?

tried using the LG offering but screen share won’t play the MKV files even though it plays them from a HDD plugged into the TV.

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Streaming Media to LG TV - Can Only See Files in the Default Four Folders

1. Streaming Media to LG TV - Can Only See Files in the Default Four Folders - Similar Threads - Streaming Media Files

2. Media Streaming on by default.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Streaming on by default.: Hi. I'm running Windows 11. I know how to turn Media streaming on, but I have to do it every time I boot Windows. Is there a setting whereby it turns on by default? Thanks for looking....
  3. Media Streaming on by default.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Streaming on by default.: Hi. I'm running Windows 11. I know how to turn Media streaming on, but I have to do it every time I boot Windows. Is there a setting whereby it turns on by default? Thanks for looking....
  4. Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV: Hello,I have Windows 11 Home, and the media streaming options are giving me trouble.My issue is that even with "Media streaming options" enabled, I am unable to share the media file through my laptop. If you know why this is, please assist me.Through an Ethernet wire, my...
  5. sharing folder, stream videos to my LG smart tv problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing folder, stream videos to my LG smart tv problem: i had windows 10 pro with LG smart tv, i used to watch my movies with my LG smart tv connected to shared folder through my home network. i played my files though my tv didn't need to touch my PC. last week i got new computer with windwos 10 HOME all updates are updated, i...
  6. Streaming from PC to LG TV

Streaming from PC to LG TV: Hi womder if there are any recommendations for streaming video from my PC to my TV ? tried using the LG offering but screen share wont play the MKV files even though it plays them from a HDD plugged into the TV. thanks 166300
  7. LG TV?

LG TV?: Can my hp laptop screenshare a Zoom conference with my LG TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lg-tv/7da4dd9c-2498-4d96-9b8d-255bc2993a7c
  8. Select folders for Media Stream

Select folders for Media Stream: Hello guys, I'm sharing media from a second drive and it's perfectly working. I'm trying to understand if it's possible to show only "Videos" folder instead of all: "Pictures, Music and Recorded TV". I've looked every possible option but I can't figure out how to do it....
  9. Unable to see shared media on tv

Unable to see shared media on tv: Hello! I am having problems seeing shared media on my Sharp tv. The pc which is running 10 home 1809 shows folders shared, media shared. When I try and access the music from my tv, freesat box, dvd player or youview box etc. it sees the pc as a media server. I open the...
  10. Can not turn on Media streaming

Can not turn on Media streaming: When I click on the "Turn on media streaming", the first time I tried it I got the circle of death for about 2 minutes, then nothing happened. Status says "Media streaming is not turned on". Now when I click on "turn on media streaming" nothing happens. Any help? 41697

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access windows 7 folders lg 55cx