Windows 10: Streaming music causes keyboard and mouse lag.

Discus and support Streaming music causes keyboard and mouse lag. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3, Wireless Comfort 5050 Keyboard & Mouse, and Sony WH-1000XM3 wireless headphones. When I stream music from any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PoorMajesties, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Streaming music causes keyboard and mouse lag.

I'm using a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3, Wireless Comfort 5050 Keyboard & Mouse, and Sony WH-1000XM3 wireless headphones. When I stream music from any source I get keyboard and mouse lag. About once a minute, the keyboard will either not type anything at all skipping 5-10 keystrokes, or type a single keystroke a 15-20 times. The mouse also lags for clicks and movement. This only happens when I'm streaming music. I'm streaming specifically from CPR.org.

I've tried streaming in Chrome, Edge, and downloading their PLS file to stream in VLC. It happens in all three of those instances. I've deleted and updated the keyboard and mouse drivers in Device Manager and ensured this version of Windows has all the updates in settings. I've also replaced the batteries in both the keyboard and mouse. I moved the USB receiver to about 8" from the keyboard/mouse with direct line of site no obstructions between the devices and the recever. I've tried putting the USB receiver both directly into the laptop and into the Microsoft Surface dock. This does not appear to happen when using the built in keyboard and touchpad on the laptop.

Here's what happens when I try to type the alphabet without correcting it:

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwxyz

abcdefghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhijnopqrstuvwxyz

abcdefghijklmnopqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqstwxyz

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabcghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

:)

PoorMajesties, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Streaming music causes keyboard and mouse lag.

1. Streaming music causes keyboard and mouse lag. - Similar Threads - Streaming music causes

2. Lagging mouse and keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging mouse and keyboard.: Hello I have an Intel NUC-7i5NBH pc and I am using logitech MK235 Wireless Mouse and Keyboard combo on its USB port. But I am facing lagg in both mouse and keyboard. Example :- If I play any game , my keyboard's keystrokes are recieved after a delay or if I am typing it just...
  3. Lagging mouse and keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lagging mouse and keyboard.: Hello I have an Intel NUC-7i5NBH pc and I am using logitech MK235 Wireless Mouse and Keyboard combo on its USB port. But I am facing lagg in both mouse and keyboard. Example :- If I play any game , my keyboard's keystrokes are recieved after a delay or if I am typing it just...
  4. Lagging mouse and keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse and Keyboard response / lag

Mouse and Keyboard response / lag: So i've been struggling with this problem for around 1 week+. It all started one day when i started my csgo and from the begining i feel like my mouse response is not so good, like i am aiming, but the mouse could not respond so well to me like it should be. Also the keyboard...
  6. Keyboard and mouse lags

Keyboard and mouse lags: This is not a new problem. Searching finds plenty of posts about it but most that I have found relate to earlier versions of Windows. I am using the latest version of Windows 10 on a high powered machine form Chillblast. Problem - Mouse movements inconsistent - can be...
  7. Keyboard and mouse lags

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard and mouse lags: This is not a new problem. Searching finds plenty of posts about it but most that I have found relate to earlier versions of Windows. I am using the latest version of Windows 10 on a high powered machine form Chillblast. Problem - Mouse movements inconsistent - can be...
  8. Streaming music

in Windows 10 Customization
    Streaming music: Following upgrade of computer (win 10), my Sony dvd player opens albums with the tracks displayed (and played) in alphabetical order...not the intended track order. Never did this before. Any ideas?...
  9. Keyboard and mouse lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse lag: Went thru hardware updates, clean boot, etc MS states all drivers are up to date. Brand new Logitech mouse and keyboard with brand new batteries. And yet MS will blame everyone and everything else prior to admitting it might be windows 10 underperforming....
  10. Mouse/Keyboard lag

Mouse/Keyboard lag: Hi all, I am new to the forums so please cut me some slack if this questions does not belong in this thread... Anyway, I have been having some really bad lag on my mouse and keyboard. When I try to move the mouse, it's almost like there is some intense loading or...