Windows 10: Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly

Discus and support Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Streaming cuts off after a few minutes. Looking for a fix. Screen saving is set for 10 hours. So, it's not that or screen lock. I am out of ideas.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EdZiegler, Mar 4, 2024.

1. EdZiegler Win User

Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly

Streaming cuts off after a few minutes. Looking for a fix. Screen saving is set for 10 hours. So, it's not that or screen lock. I am out of ideas. Thanks for looking.

:)

EdZiegler, Mar 4, 2024

2. Cast to Device not working for audio - Media Player

It sounds like there may be compatibility issues between Windows 11 Media Player and your Audiogenie receiver, which is causing the issues you are experiencing.

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Make sure your Audiogenie receiver is up to date with the latest firmware version. You can usually find firmware updates on the manufacturer's website.
    2. Try using a different media player to cast your audio to the Audiogenie receiver. For example, you can try using VLC Media Player or Groove Music.
    3. Disable any firewall or antivirus software temporarily to see if they are interfering with the Cast to Device feature.
    4. Try resetting your network settings. Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Network reset and click on Reset now. This will reset all network adapters and settings back to their default values.
    5. Check if there are any updates available for Windows 11 Media Player. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click on Check for updates.
    6. Try reinstalling Windows 11 Media Player. You can do this by going to Settings > Apps > Apps & features, finding Windows Media Player in the list, and clicking on Uninstall. Then, go to Microsoft's website to download and install the latest version of Windows Media Player.
    7. If none of the above steps work, you can try contacting the manufacturer.
    Let me know if you need any additional help. Also, make sure to take backup of your media files.

Shivam.Pandey, Mar 4, 2024
  3. Windows 10 Media Player stops and starts at random

Hi,

To isolate your concern, we'll need the following information:

• Do you get an error message when it stops?
    • Is it only happening when using Windows Media Player and Groove Music?
    If yes, we suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter and Windows Media Player Settings Troubleshooter. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Windows Store Apps to troubleshoot Windows Store Apps and click
      Windows Media Player Settings to troubleshoot Windows Media Player.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Mar 4, 2024
  4. Yaqub K Win User

windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

1. Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly - Similar Threads - Streaming Music Media

2. Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly: Streaming cuts off after a few minutes. Looking for a fix. Screen saving is set for 10 hours. So, it's not that or screen lock. I am out of ideas. Thanks for looking....
  3. Stream Radio in Windows 11 Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stream Radio in Windows 11 Media Player?: I'm currently using Windows 11 and I'm wondering if it's possible to stream radio stations? I can't find anything within that app that would allow me to do so. If it's not a feature, then can anyone suggest a media player that allows me to use the keyboard play/pause button...
  4. Stream Radio in Windows 11 Media Player?

Stream Radio in Windows 11 Media Player?: I'm currently using Windows 11 and I'm wondering if it's possible to stream radio stations? I can't find anything within that app that would allow me to do so. If it's not a feature, then can anyone suggest a media player that allows me to use the keyboard play/pause button...
  5. Windows Media Player Streaming Not Responding

Windows Media Player Streaming Not Responding: Hello: Recently I have had trouble with WMP Streaming not responding. All other parts of WMP work fine. When I try to enable other streaming options, view discovered devices, allow all devices on the home network to stream then click OK the Windows streaming function it...
  6. Windows Media Player Streaming Not Responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Media Player Streaming Not Responding: Hello: Recently I have had trouble with WMP Streaming not responding. All other parts of WMP work fine. When I try to enable other streaming options, view discovered devices, allow all devices on the home network to stream then click OK the Windows streaming function it...
  7. Printing Music List from Windows Media Player

Printing Music List from Windows Media Player: I have over 2000 cd's that I have burned to my computer. I just assumed that after I was done I would be able to print out a listing by Artist, Album, Song or Genre. I NEED an inventory and certainly don't want to be forced to manually enter them again. Is there a way to...
  8. Windows Media Player Streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player Streaming: Using Windows 10, I have Windows Media Player in my Start Up menu so my Surface will act as a Media Server as soon as it boots. However streaming does not always start when WMP loads. I have to turn it on manually. Is there a way to automatically start streaming when it...
  9. media player streaming on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    media player streaming on network: playing content from media player on home network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-streaming-on-network/397644e7-cd42-411a-9106-28a7d8e51971
  10. Divert internet streaming music through media player

in Windows 10 Support
    Divert internet streaming music through media player: I listen to several music stations on the internet. The resulting sound is pretty good but there is no means of fine tuning, like equalizer. Is it possible to divert the audio through, say, Winamp? 76756