Windows 10: Streaming video issues-Virgin Media broadband

Discus and support Streaming video issues-Virgin Media broadband in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Before i contact Virgin Media about streaming content as some members may had similiar problems. The issue i have is...when i watch streaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by treblefree, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Streaming video issues-Virgin Media broadband

Before i contact Virgin Media about streaming content as some members may had similiar problems.

The issue i have is...when i watch streaming content say BBC iplayer the particular program starts ok...then say about 10 minutes i see the familiar buffering animated icon appears for say 2-3 minutes...buffering occurs at random moments ie sometimes at the start,middle or end and on occassions i have to restart the program. This also occurs when i watch films online.

Is it simply down to the fact Virgin Media have not updated streaming protocols...do other ISP's have similiar problems with streaming content ?....is buffering an indication that broadband is continually being updated?

My OS is Windows 10 Pro with the latest updates
    I use Cyberfox and tested with add on extensions disabled...still have erratic buffering with streaming

Maybe there is a hidden issue causing this ie something turned off within my pc's Network configuration.

:)

treblefree, Mar 17, 2017

2. video problem with window 10

HI.

I recently installed windows 10 on a Toshiba satellite and am also having problems watching videos, sky sports and virgin media anytime! with virgin media the streaming channel starts but the sound stutters and there is no picture!

any suggestions?

many thanks

fitzybadboy, Mar 17, 2017
  3. Unable to change the broadband in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

For the issue regarding original sign in details of Virgin media broadband, I suggest you to contact their (Virgin media) support team.

Please refer the below link and check if it helps

https://help.virginmedia.com/system...VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable&CMD=ESCALATION_REQUEST

Reply us back if you have further queries on Windows 10 we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 17, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

Streaming video issues-Virgin Media broadband

Does it happen at a particular time of day - say evening - or anytime?
    What broadband speed are you on?
    Buffering usually means the connection is slow so it may be that your area is over-utilised/over-subscribed so is slowing down the network, also possible is other users in your household using the connection at the same time & slowing things down.

Bastet, Mar 17, 2017
  5. Thank you for replying...i did some Google searching..and found on Virgin Community forum that i am not the only one having buffering issues with streaming content.
    I am on 70 mb speed and did a Speedtest check...see attached image.
    What i did was to download BBC iplayer download program and downloaded the particular i wanted to see..what i noticed was there was no bufffering while the program was being downloaded and the quality was better...and will use this method.
    Presently, buffering occurs during BBC live news in the morning, sometimes afternoon or evening...somedays everthing is ok and i am not on Virgin Media Fibre Broadband and i believe Virgin are upgrading certai

treblefree, Mar 18, 2017
  6. Sorry..forgot to add image to above reply..done it know

treblefree, Mar 18, 2017
  7. Bastet Win User
    Yeah I'm a member of the community too - a Superuser in fact. A hopefully you'll get some help there & will notifying VM about the problem.

Bastet, Mar 18, 2017
  8. Streaming video issues-Virgin Media broadband

Thanks for reply...just arrived from work..will have to wait until Virgin Media to sort streaming issues out.

treblefree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Streaming video issues-Virgin Media broadband

1. Streaming video issues-Virgin Media broadband - Similar Threads - Streaming video issues

2. Virgin Media outgoing mail impasse

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virgin Media outgoing mail impasse: Hi,up until early Wednesday I was accessing my virgin media email via Outlook which has far superior functionality.Something has changed since then & Outlook cannot connect to the Virgin media server smtp.virginmedia.comIs there some way I can re-establish connection with...
  3. Issue sending emails from Virgin Media Blueyonder Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue sending emails from Virgin Media Blueyonder Account: I am recently experiencing issues sending emails on my laptop Windows Mail to my Virgin Media Blueyonder Email Account. When I try to send mails these get stuck in the outbox with the message appearing "We couldn't access this account. You might need to update your password...
  4. Intalling existing printer with a new Virgin broadband hub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intalling existing printer with a new Virgin broadband hub: After having to replace my Virgin Hub, I have tried via computer settings to get my HP 2540 printer scanner to print from my laptop I have now uninstalled the printer and asked the computer to rediscover it but I had to put name in manually. It...
  5. UK Virgin Media

UK Virgin Media: VM are promising their UK customers 1gbs BB during the coming year. It will require a new router when it happens. I had not long ago installed a new router so it might be one thats 'ready'. At present I m on nearly 400mbs. I understand this has already started on the south...
  6. Video Streaming issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Video Streaming issue: I am not able to stream videos on my windows 10 Laptop. Kindly give me a solution to this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-streaming-issue/66a0abda-9f8a-4c5e-bc6c-484f0a819e2c
  7. Update Credentials of Virgin Media Account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Credentials of Virgin Media Account.: I keep receiving emails from outlook to update my credentials on an old virginmedia account I have not used since 2001. I have looked in my new virginmedia profile for the account but not found. I have also looked in my outlook profile without success. I am not sure if I have...
  8. videos streaming issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    videos streaming issues: since the last update some of the videos i watch are pixelated, and all the videos on Facebook are pixelated. what is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/videos-streaming-issues/d4faabbf-07e6-4643-98c8-50df139d092c
  9. Issue with Turn on Media streaming

Issue with Turn on Media streaming: I cannot turn on media streaming. When I push the button Turn on media streaming, it is not working. What can I do for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/issue-with-turn-on-media-streaming/55cb2425-df28-4c09-a79a-039d61d550b2
  10. Creators Update issue-Media streaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update issue-Media streaming: My laptop just got the creators update. Everything seemed fine but I have a slight issue. I have .mp4 videos that I stream to my Xbox one. Since the update all the video thumbnails are broken. The videos still play but now I get the same generic media icon on every file...