Windows 10: Streamline to most recent windows version on new computer

Discus and support Streamline to most recent windows version on new computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop that came out in early 2022 with windows 11. I have very slow Internet. Each update takes forever to download. I then restart my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Corvus_, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Corvus_ Win User

Streamline to most recent windows version on new computer

I bought a new laptop that came out in early 2022 with windows 11. I have very slow Internet. Each update takes forever to download. I then restart my machine, settings says I'm up to date, then I check for updates and lo and behold, there's yet another one. This has happened about 10 times taking multiple days to get through.Why doesn't the system just go to the most recent version, download that and the drivers necessary, and have it all done in one go? How many times do I have to do this until I'll actually be updated? I don't recall it taking this long on my windows 10 machine despite it b

:)

Corvus_, Dec 3, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 3, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 3, 2022
  4. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

1. Streamline to most recent windows version on new computer - Similar Threads - Streamline recent version

2. Streamline to most recent windows version on new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streamline to most recent windows version on new computer: I bought a new laptop that came out in early 2022 with windows 11. I have very slow Internet. Each update takes forever to download. I then restart my machine, settings says I'm up to date, then I check for updates and lo and behold, there's yet another one. This has happened...
  3. Computer will not accept the most recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not accept the most recent update: My computer will not accept the newest windows 10 update. It will not apply it and backs out of it every time. Is there anything I can do to allow this update to load?...
  4. Upgrading to most recent version of windows 10 20H2

Upgrading to most recent version of windows 10 20H2: Hello,I get reminders to upgrade to Windows 10 newest version 20H2. I go through the process and it says 'This PC can't run Windows 10. We couldn't update the system reserved partition.' I clicked on more information. Maybe it has to do with me system requirements? I have a...
  5. Most recent Windows update corrupted my computer.

Most recent Windows update corrupted my computer.: I recently did the recommended update that took all night. Now my sign on screen comes up and allows me to sign in. Once the sign on is complete my screen picture comes up, but none of the applications show up and you cannot access the settings. I took it to the local...
  6. Update from 1903 to most recent version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update from 1903 to most recent version: 5 days ago, I made a post on here since I got a notification saying that my version of Windows was nearing end of service and that I needed to update it. I paused updates for a week (which resumes on Monday) since I didn't know what to do. I decided that I was going to update...
  7. Computer will not boot after most recent update

Computer will not boot after most recent update: My computer was stuck on the automatic repair loop after an update overnight and now it will not boot at all. I have downloaded windows 10 onto a usb and I’m ready to install it, but the bios screen confuses me. However, i took a chance and plugged in the usb, chose install,...
  8. Most Recent Windows 10 version won't launch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Most Recent Windows 10 version won't launch?: On October 1st my computer initiated a random shutdown sequence without any warning while I was in the middle of working. I powered down my PC via my motherboard before the soft shutdown was finished and restarted my PC, everything seemed to be fine. I ran a full /C virus,...
  9. Most recent updates

Most recent updates: How do I know I'm operating on updated version of Microsoft windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-recent-updates/88d75eee-19a0-4633-962f-17af33c3dab4
  10. Most recent update

Most recent update: I am an "Insider" and have installed the latest update. All sorts of strange things have started to happen. Examples: 1. The audio out on my camera no longer works for conversations on Skype. 2, The voice recorder no longer works. 3, When I try to open Edge I receive the...