Windows 10: Street names are not displayed in English

Discus and support Street names are not displayed in English in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having an issue in which the "Maps" app in Windows 10 shows streets in Russian, instead of in English. The app itself (And some streets) are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alex Pshul, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Street names are not displayed in English

Hi,

I'm having an issue in which the "Maps" app in Windows 10 shows streets in Russian, instead of in English.

The app itself (And some streets) are displayed in English, all the other apps and their content is displayed in English as well.

See the image below (Some streets are in Russian, while others are in English):

Street names are not displayed in English 2f21d99c-cc26-40d0-a763-4ec313fc1167?upload=true.png

A few more details:

1. I live in Israel and the map is the current location that the PC provides, zoomed in to show the streets.
    2. My PC is localized to English
    3. My Microsoft account language is set to English
    4. My other PC, which is linked to the same Microsoft account, has the same issue.
    5. My PC preferred language is English. (Both PCs)
    6. Many years ago, when I got my Xbox 360, I've created an account there and set the language to Russian.
      I've changed it long ago to English and all went well. Everything but the "Maps" app is in English.

I've already tried to contact the Microsoft support via the "Get Help" app, but it yielded no results.
    I'm clueless in what to do and who to talk to. It looks like the issue might be connected to my Microsoft Account settings,
    But even when I set my language to English again, it still doesn't apply to the Maps App.

Please help?

Thanks,

Alex.

:)

Alex Pshul, Oct 1, 2018

2. nokia maps 2.0 no street name display?????

i downloaded a map for my area(ontario, canada)

but i can only see the street names when the curser thing is over the street,

is there any way to display the street names on the map it self?

thanks

illuminati---01, Oct 1, 2018
  3. BoyNK Win User
    How to display street name in Chinese/Mandarin

I have my E71 loaded with Nokia Map 2.0 and the navigation work well. I downloaded the Beijing map using Map Loader v2.0.2. When I have a biz trip to Beijing, the street names shown are still in English. Is there anyway to change the street names to Chinese?

Thanks.

BoyNK, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Street names are not displayed in English

N9 - Walking navigation with street names

I just saw something interesting. I am able to select 'English (US) with street names' in "walking" navigation mode. But if I switchinto "driving" navigation the 'English (US) with street names' is no longer available! Only the version without street
    names is available in "driving" navigation. Does anyone know why?

racerex---01, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Street names are not displayed in English

1. Street names are not displayed in English - Similar Threads - Street names are

2. Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA: Hi,I noticed when setting a wallpaper today it listed the options as "centre" and "colour". I only have English United States downloaded and only have English US for keyboard. Why would it be displaying like this? My region is set to Canada as I live here - I just prefer...
  3. Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA: Hi,I noticed when setting a wallpaper today it listed the options as "centre" and "colour". I only have English United States downloaded and only have English US for keyboard. Why would it be displaying like this? My region is set to Canada as I live here - I just prefer...
  4. Display name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display name: How can I change my display name on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-name/506dc517-faff-4438-b9b6-f7852b4e55a3
  5. Display name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Display name: When I try to use my Display name I am told it is "not available" and offers me new options. I have been using the display name AnnB2 for several years and see no need to change it for Windows 10. How do I convince W10 that I am still me? --Ann Borger * Moved from...
  6. Streets and Trips

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Streets and Trips: I have two versions of Streets and trips 2011 and 2013. I have used these on a computer that crashed. Now have a new computer operating on Windows 10. I have two Keys and I am not sure which key goes with which disk. Is there a way I can find that info?...
  7. display name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    display name: how do I change my current display name 'Microsoft team'? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-name/eb1cf545-1ac4-42e9-a9e6-c7c6e64f328d"
  8. Display Name

Display Name: How do I change the display name on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-name/54b7f30f-9809-4396-b934-19220ffb9642
  9. Display Name

Display Name: My sister gave her computer but when the sign in comes up it's her name and I would like to change it to say my name. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-name/2a743807-0ed8-45cb-85ad-e8b941c96583
  10. Recovering display language English

Recovering display language English: Hi I am aware that this is a topic on different threads. My laptop has windows 10 home build 1803 with English (US) as the default display language. Today I added French as the display language using the instructions on settings. It worked (though gave me grief as the...