Windows 10: Stretched game screen on Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Stretched game screen on Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; To whom it may concern, I play a pc game called 'Feeding Frenzy' on both my PC and toshiba laptop. When I set the game to full screen on my PC, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Matthew Tieu, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Stretched game screen on Windows 10 laptop

To whom it may concern,

I play a pc game called 'Feeding Frenzy' on both my PC and toshiba laptop. When I set the game to full screen on my PC, the game maintains its 4:3 ratio as shown in the top photo. However when I do the same thing on my toshiba laptop, the game screen looks stretched (bottom photo) since it fills the whole screen. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Matthew

Stretched game screen on Windows 10 laptop 679bea09-b131-4671-a45b-d1bf50845059?upload=true.jpg Stretched game screen on Windows 10 laptop 6e0dde6c-0ffc-41ac-af6a-172484d5e5f6?upload=true.jpg

:)

Matthew Tieu, Feb 7, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

Stretched game screen on Windows 10 laptop

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that it can be frustrating when you are unable to play the game full screen. Let’s narrow down the issue by following below suggestions. Kindly help me with the following questions.

1. Does this issue persists on all applications or with this particular game?
    2. What is the make and model of PC?
    3. From where have you downloaded this particular game, is it from the Microsoft Store?

Method 1: Screen settings within the game.

I would suggest you to check with the settings within the game to adjust the screen resolution. To do that, go to the
    Options > Menu > Settings within the game (not all games have this option) > select
    Full-screen ON > click on OK.

Method 2: Check the Resolution and DPI settings
    on the computer. Make sure that you have the first item is set to 100% or whatever is recommended for your computer.

Method 3: Update display drivers.

The issue might be due to older drivers with higher screen resolution as well. So, I suggest you to uninstall the display drivers from device manager and install the latest drivers available. To know more about how to update the drivers, kindly check
    the article on Update drivers in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Feb 7, 2019
  4. shunoichi Win User

Windows 10 screen is stretched!

There is no manufacturer listed. It says "to be filled by o.e.m" or something so I'm not sure where I am supposed to go to find a driver update or which one is the right one to use.

But I did complete the bottom steps and there was no change.

At first, I thought it might be a problem caused by the monitor, but when I was installing windows updates, the updating screen was normal and not stretched. However, as soon as it restarted, it was back to being stretched again.

shunoichi, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Stretched game screen on Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Stretched game screen

2. My screen is stretched

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen is stretched: Im currently on windows 11 and even with the normal recommended resolution there are 2 black bars on the top and bottom of my screen, i have tried restarting the computer or changing and changing back the resolution but nothing is working....
  3. My screen is stretched

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen is stretched: Im currently on windows 11 and even with the normal recommended resolution there are 2 black bars on the top and bottom of my screen, i have tried restarting the computer or changing and changing back the resolution but nothing is working....
  4. stretching blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    stretching blue screen: hi i got a blue screen that i can't read because it's stretched like hell, i already got it a few time now, its rare like maybe 1 a month or less, sometime when i play or just doing normal stuff, this time i got it like less than 10 minute after turning my pc on and i wasnt...
  5. stretching blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stretching blue screen: hi i got a blue screen that i can't read because it's stretched like hell, i already got it a few time now, its rare like maybe 1 a month or less, sometime when i play or just doing normal stuff, this time i got it like less than 10 minute after turning my pc on and i wasnt...
  6. Stretched screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stretched screen: Hi.I have two monitors connected to one laptop via DP. In DP connected dock station. And two monitors connected to dock station via HDMI.One monitor is 24" and other 22". Both have rezolution 1920x1080 native. I have ionstalled drivers for each monitor. Installed Windows...
  7. Stretched screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stretched screen: Hi.I have two monitors connected to one laptop via DP. In DP connected dock station. And two monitors connected to dock station via HDMI.One monitor is 24" and other 22". Both have rezolution 1920x1080 native. I have ionstalled drivers for each monitor. Installed Windows...
  8. Stretched screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Stretched game screen on Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stretched game screen on Windows 10 laptop: To whom it may concern, I play a pc game called 'Feeding Frenzy' on both my PC and toshiba laptop. When I set the game to full screen on my PC, the game maintains its 4:3 ratio as shown in the top photo. However when I do the same thing on my toshiba laptop, the game screen...
  10. stretched screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    stretched screen: Why i can't fix my "stretched screen" on windows 10. This happens after i updated on windows pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stretched-screen/932d2e69-4721-4e27-8406-1c96c686a70b