Windows 10: Stretched screen, how to fix that when the display resolution setting doesn't let me?

Discus and support Stretched screen, how to fix that when the display resolution setting doesn't let me? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Stillinlimbo [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Stillinlimbo, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Stretched screen, how to fix that when the display resolution setting doesn't let me?

/u/Stillinlimbo, Nov 18, 2019

2. Screen Resolution Stretched

One evening my monitor went black and came back up immediately but the screen was stretched and icons large. I was able to adjust the icons but the screen was stretched. None of the screen resolution options have any affect on correcting the problem. Looking
    for suggestions, thank you.

SueFisher3, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Screen is stretched and squished is there a fix for this configuration?

Windows 10: I don't know if this stretched screen and windows happened after an update or not. I have tried to resolve the issue by a system restore, but I have run it 3 times, going back to different restore points, and somehow a Norton file (original
    file) is not available and after 45 minutes to an hour, I get the note that nothing was changed and restore failed because this file was not found.

So, why was my screen resolution changed, and why is a display resolution that would fix it not even on the list of resolutions on the display settings page? All of the options give me a stretched screen.

So far, my highest resolution, 1280x1024 is still stretched. I have a 23" Samsung monitor that has worked just fine until now.

I need this fixed, now - I waste time and can't do work with it like this. Round things are oval, square things are rectangular in landscape form, and I hate the look.

HELP!

ConnieGohata, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Jim56813 Win User

Stretched screen, how to fix that when the display resolution setting doesn't let me?

Screen Resolution

Recently overnight my screen resolution changed. The original recommended resolution was 1600 by 900. That resolution is not listed in the display resolution list, and what is currently recommended stretches the screen and anything displayed. Is there a
    way to add the correct resolution?

Thanks

Jim56813, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Stretched screen, how to fix that when the display resolution setting doesn't let me?

1. Stretched screen, how to fix that when the display resolution setting doesn't let me? - Similar Threads - Stretched screen fix

2. How Do I Recover My Display Resolution When It Won't Let Me Press On It?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Recover My Display Resolution When It Won't Let Me Press On It?: I was watching a YouTube video on how to stop the vertical lines through my screen while watching stuff. The person told me to uninstall my 'Display Resolution' in my settings, so I did it but it didn't work and now I can't find them and it won't let me click or change it...
  3. How to Fix a Stretched Screen Display Issue in safe mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Fix a Stretched Screen Display Issue in safe mode?: Iv'e had this usue in safe mode please help me fix thisI've tried all common steps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-a-stretched-screen-display-issue-in/f95506b0-d956-4779-b09b-30ff8bd41261
  4. How to Fix a Stretched Screen Display Issue in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix a Stretched Screen Display Issue in safe mode?: Iv'e had this usue in safe mode please help me fix thisI've tried all common steps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-a-stretched-screen-display-issue-in/f95506b0-d956-4779-b09b-30ff8bd41261
  5. How to Fix a Stretched Screen Display Issue in safe mode?

6. How to fix resolution when no screen connected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix resolution when no screen connected?: I encountered a problem when I tried to use use remote control, when no screen is connected to the PC.It seems like the resolution is "broken" and everything is displayed very large. I tried to change the resolution in the settings, but it seems that the interface is disabled...
  7. How to fix resolution when no screen connected?

How to fix resolution when no screen connected?: I encountered a problem when I tried to use use remote control, when no screen is connected to the PC.It seems like the resolution is "broken" and everything is displayed very large. I tried to change the resolution in the settings, but it seems that the interface is disabled...
  8. How to fix resolution when no screen connected?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Screen Resolution Vertically Stretched

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Resolution Vertically Stretched: hey, so recently I decided to switch my computer resolution to 1440x1080 to get stretched resolution on a game, and I decided to keep it as my normal computer resolution for a week because I played the game a lot. after this week, I tried to switch back to 1920x1080 my...
  10. How to stretch display to screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stretch display to screen?: [ATTACH] I have a Dell Laptop and the recommended display is 3840x2160 and a scale of 300% Now this is a problem when I dock my laptop. So I want to change it to 100% and 1280x720 ... but if I do that the screen does not stretch to the edge of my screen ... how do I...