Windows 10: Stretched screen only on one monitor

Discus and support Stretched screen only on one monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I just switched my desktop over to windows 10. I use two monitors. One monitor displays just fine. The other one is stretched. When I go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Limewell, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Limewell Win User

Stretched screen only on one monitor

Hello,

I just switched my desktop over to windows 10. I use two monitors. One monitor displays just fine. The other one is stretched. When I go to try and adjust the settings, such as changing display ratios, or using the sliding scales in the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel, it only effects the one monitor that is working fine. Nothing I do changes how the second monitor is displaying. Only the one that is working fine is effected.

How can I fix this issue?

:)

Limewell, Feb 5, 2019
  2. shunoichi Win User

Windows 10 screen is stretched!

There is no manufacturer listed. It says "to be filled by o.e.m" or something so I'm not sure where I am supposed to go to find a driver update or which one is the right one to use.

But I did complete the bottom steps and there was no change.

At first, I thought it might be a problem caused by the monitor, but when I was installing windows updates, the updating screen was normal and not stretched. However, as soon as it restarted, it was back to being stretched again.

shunoichi, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Screen Resolution Stretched

One evening my monitor went black and came back up immediately but the screen was stretched and icons large. I was able to adjust the icons but the screen was stretched. None of the screen resolution options have any affect on correcting the problem. Looking
    for suggestions, thank you.

SueFisher3, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Stretched screen only on one monitor

Stretched and distorted screen

I have the same issue; I was sitting in front of my PC (an HP Pavilion with a HP 2159m widescreen monitor) when for no reason the screen went black for a second and when it came back on it was stretched. This happened on 11/24/17. I have tried all of the
    suggested fixes but none have resolved the issue. The previous resolution that I was using was 1920x1080 but that seems to be unavailable.

DaveHorn557, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Stretched screen only on one monitor

1. Stretched screen only on one monitor - Similar Threads - Stretched screen monitor

2. Stretched screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stretched screen: Hi.I have two monitors connected to one laptop via DP. In DP connected dock station. And two monitors connected to dock station via HDMI.One monitor is 24" and other 22". Both have rezolution 1920x1080 native. I have ionstalled drivers for each monitor. Installed Windows...
  3. Stretched screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stretched screen: Hi.I have two monitors connected to one laptop via DP. In DP connected dock station. And two monitors connected to dock station via HDMI.One monitor is 24" and other 22". Both have rezolution 1920x1080 native. I have ionstalled drivers for each monitor. Installed Windows...
  4. Stretched screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Stretching monitor display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stretching monitor display: I am wondering if there is anyway to stretch my display of my monitor out. I have tried every resolution setting and that just changes the aspect ratio. Is there any possible way to just kind of stretch my display out a bit?...
  6. How to display screen saver on one monitor only?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to display screen saver on one monitor only?: I have dual monitors, and I use the "Extend Monitors" function for work productivity. Unfortunately, when my screen saver begins I have a linked Photos file, the photos split between the two screens, so all my photos look like they are cut in two. I want my screen saver...
  7. Screen stretch beyond monitor view

Screen stretch beyond monitor view: After windows update, I can only see the top of taskbar and sliver of icons on left & right side. Mouse will pick things outside monitor view. I have tried rolling back graphics driver, but that doesn't help. Changing to lower resolutions doesn't help. What else can I try?...
  8. stretched screen

stretched screen: Why i can't fix my "stretched screen" on windows 10. This happens after i updated on windows pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stretched-screen/932d2e69-4721-4e27-8406-1c96c686a70b
  9. Night Light Only Works On One Monitor Screen

Night Light Only Works On One Monitor Screen: I have two screens that are extended but setting the night light feature on seems to be applied to one screen. I have tried disabling one of the Display Adaptors in my Device Manager and also trying to update DisplayLink in REGEDIT ---> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ---> SOFTWARE but to...
  10. Stretching/ monitors become 1.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Stretching/ monitors become 1.: I just recently had an AMD update. I just moved my pc and I swapped which sides my monitors were on, so I went to AMD settings to hopefully simply swap them... I now have some sort of "stretched" screen. For example: if I bring up bring up google on my left monitor, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one monitor is stretched

2. one of my monitors is stretched

3. one screen is stretched and one is not

4. one of my extended screen is stretched,
  5. one of my screens is stretched,
  6. second monitor screen stretched,
  7. only one of my computer displays is stretched