Windows 10: Stretched screen & slow mouse

Discus and support Stretched screen & slow mouse in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On Jan. 22, 2019, I received an automatic update of Windows 10, Since that update, here are my problems. 1. My screen is stretched horizontally. (I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Helen Toronto, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Stretched screen & slow mouse

On Jan. 22, 2019, I received an automatic update of Windows 10, Since that update, here are my problems.
    1. My screen is stretched horizontally. (I went to Display settings and there's nothing for me to change,)
    2. My mouse is slow, very slow, and it travels all over the screen, and not where I want to place it.
    3. The whole system is slow. When I type something either using Edge to access a web site, or using Word or Excel, I have to wait 5- 10 or more seconds before I see the typed characters.

I Googled for solutions to no avail. Can anyone help me?

:)

Helen Toronto, Jan 28, 2019
  2. shunoichi Win User

Windows 10 screen is stretched!

There is no manufacturer listed. It says "to be filled by o.e.m" or something so I'm not sure where I am supposed to go to find a driver update or which one is the right one to use.

But I did complete the bottom steps and there was no change.

At first, I thought it might be a problem caused by the monitor, but when I was installing windows updates, the updating screen was normal and not stretched. However, as soon as it restarted, it was back to being stretched again.

shunoichi, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Screen Resolution Stretched

One evening my monitor went black and came back up immediately but the screen was stretched and icons large. I was able to adjust the icons but the screen was stretched. None of the screen resolution options have any affect on correcting the problem. Looking
    for suggestions, thank you.

SueFisher3, Jan 28, 2019
  4. JohnL1981 Win User

Stretched screen & slow mouse

screen display is horizontally stretched and distorted

I tried Koachs solution on my display adapter -

an ATI Radeon HD 4200 - but it didn't work.

My screen was fine until the Feature Update to Windows 10 version 1709 started last week. The screen went blank for a second and then came back stretched. The update failed initially, but was finally successful, although painfully slow, the next day.
    However, the screen was still stretched.

I checked for updated drivers, but there were none. Then I tried Koach's solution of Roll Back driver, but still no luck.

Any other suggestions? Is my display adapter now too old to be compatible with this latest update of Windows 10?

JohnL1981, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Stretched screen & slow mouse

1. Stretched screen & slow mouse - Similar Threads - Stretched screen slow

2. My screen is stretched

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen is stretched: Im currently on windows 11 and even with the normal recommended resolution there are 2 black bars on the top and bottom of my screen, i have tried restarting the computer or changing and changing back the resolution but nothing is working....
  3. My screen is stretched

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen is stretched: Im currently on windows 11 and even with the normal recommended resolution there are 2 black bars on the top and bottom of my screen, i have tried restarting the computer or changing and changing back the resolution but nothing is working....
  4. My screen is stretched

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. stretching blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    stretching blue screen: hi i got a blue screen that i can't read because it's stretched like hell, i already got it a few time now, its rare like maybe 1 a month or less, sometime when i play or just doing normal stuff, this time i got it like less than 10 minute after turning my pc on and i wasnt...
  6. stretching blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stretching blue screen: hi i got a blue screen that i can't read because it's stretched like hell, i already got it a few time now, its rare like maybe 1 a month or less, sometime when i play or just doing normal stuff, this time i got it like less than 10 minute after turning my pc on and i wasnt...
  7. Stretched screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stretched screen: Hi.I have two monitors connected to one laptop via DP. In DP connected dock station. And two monitors connected to dock station via HDMI.One monitor is 24" and other 22". Both have rezolution 1920x1080 native. I have ionstalled drivers for each monitor. Installed Windows...
  8. Stretched screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stretched screen: Hi.I have two monitors connected to one laptop via DP. In DP connected dock station. And two monitors connected to dock station via HDMI.One monitor is 24" and other 22". Both have rezolution 1920x1080 native. I have ionstalled drivers for each monitor. Installed Windows...
  9. Stretched screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. stretched screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    stretched screen: Why i can't fix my "stretched screen" on windows 10. This happens after i updated on windows pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stretched-screen/932d2e69-4721-4e27-8406-1c96c686a70b