Windows 10: "Strict Source Routing" with Windows 10 and Wifi6 or 802.11ax

Discus and support "Strict Source Routing" with Windows 10 and Wifi6 or 802.11ax in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; "Strict Source Routing, where again a series of router addresses is listed. Unlike loose source routing, the packet must follow the route exactly. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jonathan Lee jlee102, Oct 3, 2020.

1. "Strict Source Routing" with Windows 10 and Wifi6 or 802.11ax

"Strict Source Routing, where again a series of router addresses is listed. Unlike loose source routing, the packet must follow the route exactly. If the next hop is not the next address on the list, an error occurs"CCIE Professional Development .

With AP cloning is there now a way to prefom this older Cisco route technology over the latest wifi? The latest wifi acts like a switch. This would drop packets if they are absorbed by a second AP out of the normal range even.

Is this the same at Intra BSS blocking?

Is this possible? much like intra BSS blocking. However now for my WiFi router.

Works cited:

“Chp 2.” CCIE Professional Development - Routing TCP IP: by Jennifer DeHaven. Carroll and Jeff Doyle, Macmillan Technical Publ., 1998, p. 40.

:)

Jonathan Lee jlee102, Oct 3, 2020

2. Safe Search set to strict in Internet Explorer

Hello Narayan,

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to change your Bing Safe Search settings:

Go to
    Ein Tag zum Feiern

• Click the Gear (Preferences) icon towards the top right side of the page.

• In the SafeSearch section, select your desired setting:

• Strict – Filter adult text, images and videos from your search results.

• Moderate – Filter adult images and videos but not text from your search results.

• Off – Don’t filter adult content from your search results.

• Click Save
    Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 3, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

"Strict Source Routing" with Windows 10 and Wifi6 or 802.11ax

Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

"Strict Source Routing" with Windows 10 and Wifi6 or 802.11ax [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

"Strict Source Routing" with Windows 10 and Wifi6 or 802.11ax

1. "Strict Source Routing" with Windows 10 and Wifi6 or 802.11ax - Similar Threads - Strict Source Routing

2. Windows 10 Xbox Networking - Strict and Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Xbox Networking - Strict and Blocked: I have tried every possible solution I could find, from resetting my firewall to adding each port to my modem manually, nothing has worked. I have messed with the services with Teredo, I've looked at resource monitor while I try to launch a party through the Xbox App and it...
  3. Windows 10 Xbox Networking - Strict and Blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Xbox Networking - Strict and Blocked: I have tried every possible solution I could find, from resetting my firewall to adding each port to my modem manually, nothing has worked. I have messed with the services with Teredo, I've looked at resource monitor while I try to launch a party through the Xbox App and it...
  4. Realtek RTL8852AE WiFi6 802.ax PCIe adapter suddenly stops working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek RTL8852AE WiFi6 802.ax PCIe adapter suddenly stops working on Windows 11: Hi all, Since a couple of weeks I have a very anoying issue with my Lenovo Ideapad 5 on Windows 11. WiFi suddenly stops working and does not come back on. WiFi switch in Windows says 'off' and turning it on nothing happens and no networks are seen. Only thing that works to...
  5. Realtek RTL8852AE WiFi6 802.ax PCIe adapter suddenly stops working on Windows 11

Realtek RTL8852AE WiFi6 802.ax PCIe adapter suddenly stops working on Windows 11: Hi all, Since a couple of weeks I have a very anoying issue with my Lenovo Ideapad 5 on Windows 11. WiFi suddenly stops working and does not come back on. WiFi switch in Windows says 'off' and turning it on nothing happens and no networks are seen. Only thing that works to...
  6. Qualcomm Atheros AR-9002WB-1NG -compatability with 802-11ax standard ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Qualcomm Atheros AR-9002WB-1NG -compatability with 802-11ax standard ?: Dear Community,I have an old 2012 workstation machine.It has Qualcomm Atheros AR-9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter.the Driver version is 3.0.2.202, dated 29th January 2016 29-01-2016 .Windows 10 Pro build 21H1 - dated 19-04-2021.Windows tells me that this driver is the...
  7. Qualcomm Atheros AR-9002WB-1NG -compatability with 802-11ax standard ?

Qualcomm Atheros AR-9002WB-1NG -compatability with 802-11ax standard ?: Dear Community,I have an old 2012 workstation machine.It has Qualcomm Atheros AR-9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter.the Driver version is 3.0.2.202, dated 29th January 2016 29-01-2016 .Windows 10 Pro build 21H1 - dated 19-04-2021.Windows tells me that this driver is the...
  8. Qualcomm Atheros AR-9002WB-1NG -compatability with 802-11ax standard ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Wifi6 problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi6 problem: Wifi6 related problemI recently reinstalled Windows on my laptop. It worked just fine for about a week until one day I boot up my laptop and there's no connection. I can still see my wifi on the list but it has an x on it. I can also connect to it but I must type in my...
  10. Windows 10 Audio Routing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Audio Routing: With the windows audio routing it works with all programs I've tried so far except Netflix, I switch it to LCD TV it will work for a single episode, and then switch to the default audio device, going back in to the audio routing control panel and choosing the TV again will...