Windows 10: Striping a couple of disks

Discus and support Striping a couple of disks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Everyone - I'm working on a project for school; I've striped two empty 5GB disks and I cannot figure out why Windows 10 has used 90MB of space.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mcallahan2, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Striping a couple of disks

Hi Everyone -

I'm working on a project for school; I've striped two empty 5GB disks and I cannot figure out why Windows 10 has used 90MB of space. I've have dug through all of the text and traversed the internet for the answer, however - I've not been able to find what is happening. What data is being written?

Thanks for sharing your wisdom...

Callahan

:)

mcallahan2, Mar 13, 2020
  2. craigo Win User

Disk Striping

Hello Peoples,
    Just got a second 200gb wd to add to my main rig, i was hoping to stripe the two disks,(fast read/write,space)
    im unsure how to do this and was hoping someone here would be able to help/advise.....the two disks are identical and i have an asus an832 sli deluxe board with a silicone image controller...and will be running XP pro 64,..
    thanks in advance..Craig

craigo, Mar 13, 2020
  3. SteveDent Win User
    Can't import foreign striped disks - disk management console view is not up-to-date

I had a computer crash of some kind, and a disk stripe set with 5 drives suddenly stopped working. The disks now appear in the disk manager as 'Dynamic' and 'foreign,' but when I try to import them, I get the message 'disk management console view is not
    up-to-date.'

I have everything backed up (the stripe set is for speed), but before I reformat and restore, is there anything I can try to get the striped volume back?

SteveDent, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Striping a couple of disks

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Striping a couple of disks :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Striping a couple of disks

1. Striping a couple of disks - Similar Threads - Striping couple disks

2. Stripes on laptop screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stripes on laptop screen: My old Acer Extensa 5235 screen suddenly looks like this. Hardware or software problem? Anything I can do? One obvious problem is that I don't seem to have access to the settings because the left side is missing. I haven't dropped it, or anything the like....
  3. Stripes on laptop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stripes on laptop screen: My old Acer Extensa 5235 screen suddenly looks like this. Hardware or software problem? Anything I can do? One obvious problem is that I don't seem to have access to the settings because the left side is missing. I haven't dropped it, or anything the like....
  4. Stripes on laptop screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Striped volume bottleneck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Striped volume bottleneck: I have a system with 4 non OS additional 1TB NVMe's PCIe 4*4gen. When I measure sequential read and write I get:IndividualPerformance 6700 GB/s read and 5000 GB/s write.2 drives MS Windows 10 striped volumeApprox. 12 GB/s read and 10GB/s write.So far so good.4 drives MS...
  6. msn homepage service stripe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    msn homepage service stripe: why won't you let us add or delete items in the service stripe for msn homepage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-homepage-service-stripe/07f2a7f3-8c4e-4441-992e-a58d43389a2e
  7. Cannot create striped volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot create striped volume: Hello all, I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1809. I have to 2TB hard drives that I want to set up as a striped volume(4TB total) so I can use it as a file history backup drive. The problem is that once I convert them to dynamic disks and set them as a single striped volume I get...
  8. horizontal stripe across the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    horizontal stripe across the screen: A couple of days ago, a horizontal, light color stripe - about 3" from the top edge, about 1/4" wide - appeared on the screen and is present in all situations; the color of the stripe is related to whatever background color there is, just a little darker. Most visible it is...
  9. utility to simulate disk striping on non-raid drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    utility to simulate disk striping on non-raid drives?: Hello, Anyone know of a utility that can simulate a striped drive for cheap non-raid external drives? Something similar to WinRAR's "Split to volume" but with no compression? williamj...
  10. Orange screen with white stripes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Orange screen with white stripes: Hi! I've recently installed Windows 10 x32 on my laptop using a DVD. I want to upgrade to x64 (and yes, this laptop is compatible with x64. In fact, it used to be x64) but everytime I boot into the x64 DVD, it just displays an empty blinking underline for a couple of minutes...