Windows 10: Struggling here how do you backup windows 10?

Discus and support Struggling here how do you backup windows 10? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Struggling here how do you backup windows 10? With Acronis 2014 or 2015 or 2016. Do I have to select Winre unnamed partition windows c drive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by hollyoaks777, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Struggling here how do you backup windows 10?

Struggling here how do you backup windows 10? With Acronis 2014 or 2015 or 2016. Do I have to select Winre unnamed partition windows c drive and recovery drive D. Or do I just pic C: Drive and D: drive/recovery drive? Thank you in advance. What is the easiest version to use to backup with Acronis. Things have changed so much from Windows 7!

:)

hollyoaks777, Nov 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 downgrade

My dell inspiron 15 is struggling to withstand windows 10.

I have already crossed 90 days after the installation and don't have a backup either. How can I go backto Windows8? Need you help here? I badly want to go back to windows 8.1 now.

manojkumar gangadharan, Nov 28, 2015
  3. How do you do a full backup?

I don't think there is any other option. Maybe manually copy your memory content.

You may also try to lookup Ovi Suite 2.2 beta....you may be able to find a shared version of it on the net.

neoakl---01, Nov 28, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Struggling here how do you backup windows 10?

Hi, good that you are aware of and use disk imaging. Windows is fragile and easily offended. Personally I wouldn't use Acronis TI and haven't for years after it failed to find my SATA drives completely. It's a bloated cumbersome product. Also, some have reported problems with the VSS service.

I use Aomei Backupper (free is fine); straightforward, regularly updated.
    Many here recommend Macrium reflect (free) - a mature and modern product.
    Both offer differential and incremental imaging.

You need the boot disk for whichever solution you choose, and need to make sure your PC is configured to boot from it.
    You also need external storage for your backup- I suggest an absolute minimum of double the amount you intend to back up.

dalchina, Nov 29, 2015
  5. Thank you I thought Acronis was the best. Going to give them a go thanks.

hollyoaks777, Nov 29, 2015
  6. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Not to push one product over another but having used both I feel Macrium Reflect is a true gem.
    Truly clever software really and mighty fast too.
    Do a search on the forum and find out how it can help you. Lots of users here have been recommending it for years and it keeps getting better.
    Make sure to have it build a rescue drive for you (it only needs 269Mb using the latest WinPE) on USB/CD/DVD or external drive and test boot from it.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 30, 2015
  7. I had a look yesterday and it's not free unless I have hit the wrong link.

hollyoaks777, Nov 30, 2015
  8. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Nov 30, 2015
  9. bro67 Win User
    I use Clonezilla for backing up all of my machines.

bro67, Nov 30, 2015
  10. That's amazing how can they do it for free? Is there ads on it?

11. dalchina New Member
    Mm, caution: that's a CNET download, wrapped in CNET's installer, which offers - well- other things you have to unclick. (Adware? Scumware? which might answer the question as to how money might be made in that particular case (CNET).
    I'd suggest downloading it from (e.g.)
    Macrium Reflect Free Edition Download

"Although casual users can find the app sufficient for their needs, network administrators and other advanced users might need additional options such as incremental backups which can be accessed by purchasing Macrium Reflect Standard Edition or other editions."
    - that's Softpedia's comment, and having now tried it, although it appears to offer both incremental and differential modes, when you try an incremental backup it tells you this is NOT available in the free edition. Nor is file/folder backup.

It does offer options to set up a range of different backup schedules, with purge criteria for the backups.

I know Aomei Backupper offers both.. and includes restore to dissimilar hardware which is excluded from Macrium Reflect trials:
    Compare Different Editions of AOMEI Backupper

dalchina, Nov 30, 2015
  12. Thanks mate.

13. Struggling here how do you backup windows 10?

It's asked me to download something from Windows. Can't see an option to put rescue disk on DVD
    Struggling here how do you backup windows 10? [​IMG]

Can someone tell me how? Thank you in advance. It gave me the option when I downloaded whatever it was.

14. topgundcp Win User
    @dalchina
    Seriously have you try the link I posted above ? . There's no adware etc... in this. Actually, it is just a small Macrium Reflect Download Agent as seen below and you can select whether to download Free or Home version. You can save this agent and run it for new future version. Been doing this for a long time.

Struggling here how do you backup windows 10? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 30, 2015
  15. dalchina New Member
    Sorry, my usual experience of CNET installers is that they bundle 2 or 3 offers you have to decline.. maybe this one is an exception. So I choose to stay clear of CNET...*Smile

dalchina, Nov 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Struggling here how do you backup windows 10? - Similar Threads - Struggling here backup

2. Here's one for you.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Here's one for you.: Howdy Y'all!I'm trying to run the latest version of Windows 10 Pro. This is installed on an 2017 HP 14-AN012NR "WinBook", and I pretty much use it for most of my social media, email and surfing the web. Office 2019 Pro is also installed. I just did a full wipe and install for...
  3. Here's one for you.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Here's one for you.: Howdy Y'all!I'm trying to run the latest version of Windows 10 Pro. This is installed on an 2017 HP 14-AN012NR "WinBook", and I pretty much use it for most of my social media, email and surfing the web. Office 2019 Pro is also installed. I just did a full wipe and install for...
  4. [Simple & Quick]How do you add a shortcut for Bluetooth here?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Simple & Quick]How do you add a shortcut for Bluetooth here?: [ATTACH] The title says it all. Please help me out quickly! https://preview.redd.it/09ruzt1pxcc61.jpg?width=1034&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=a17fbddbb61e83d1889b1ff1f3fdf8b13add52c0 submitted by /u/SongminYoon [link] [comments]...
  5. how do you restore a file history backup on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do you restore a file history backup on windows 10: [ATTACH] what a mess! first there's this article, which isn't that old, which is apparently the 'missing manual': https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-correctly-use-file-history-to-transfer-data-files-to-a-new-windows-10-installation/ And that does not even...
  6. How do you find a question on here that you posted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you find a question on here that you posted: I have Windows 10, 64 bit. How do you find a question that you posted in this website? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-find-a-question-on-here-that-you-posted/a06c7717-657f-415e-a57a-c24bc7d6e45e
  7. How do you delete a entry you have posted on here ????

How do you delete a entry you have posted on here ????: Hi, Will some one please let me know , Which "Tool" you can use on here to "Delete" A post you have already made on "Ask a Question" ????...
  8. ARE YOU STRUGGLING TO INSTALL FSX DELUX & ACCELERATOR IN WINDOWS 10?

ARE YOU STRUGGLING TO INSTALL FSX DELUX & ACCELERATOR IN WINDOWS 10?: I have been using FSX since it arrived on the shelves and has been through a number of hardware and software platforms with my FSX installation growing on a regular basis with addons and the like. My latest change of platform in both hardware and software meant going from...
  9. Windows 10 Struggles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Struggles: I am looking to see if anyone else out here has to go through the same amount of hoops as I do, every time Windows 10 forces an update? Without fail, every update has caused me significant issue. The worst being an update freeze on the first day of my vacation this past...
  10. How do you name a Macrium backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do you name a Macrium backup: How do you name a Macrium backup? So it's not all letters and numbers I named my second backup with a couple of different words. But I can only tell it apart by the date even finding that would be useful. Thank you in advance. 82420