Windows 10: Struggling to Activate Win10 on new build

Discus and support Struggling to Activate Win10 on new build in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a purchased key for Win 10 Pro. I have installed win 10 pro on a new PC that I built. I have followed steps to remove my license from my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HalfwayAgenda49, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Struggling to Activate Win10 on new build

I have a purchased key for Win 10 Pro. I have installed win 10 pro on a new PC that I built. I have followed steps to remove my license from my old machine by typing slmgr.vbs -upk and that was successful. On my new PC whenever I use my Win10 Pro key it says it cannot activate. It provides the error 0x803fa067If I run slmgr /dlv I get this message. I've tried to contact support but the telephone number is now closed and I cannot talk to an agent for some reason... I enter my UK mobile telephone number and it just says there is an error.

:)

HalfwayAgenda49, Jun 18, 2021

2. I'm confused! New build, Win10 activation issue

Okay, I've been searching, but I keep finding different answers so here's my situation.

I have a laptop that came with Windows 7 loaded on it. I upgraded it to Windows 10 when that became active.

I just built myself a new desktop computer and loaded Win10 using the media creation tool and a USB drive. So Windows 10 works, but it says it's not activated and I can't do some things like change my background picture.

The new computer shows up in my account devices on the Microsoft page and the serial number says "Serial #: To be filled by O.E.M." Activation troubleshooter says, "We weren't able to activate Windows on this device" and trying to reactivate it says, "

• Device type doesn't match
    • The devices listed below don’t match the type of device you’re using right now."

So, do I need to buy a copy of Win10 to be able to use all the Windows features on my new computer?

MicheleBihn, Jun 18, 2021
  3. wishihad Win User
    Activation options for Win10 with instant clones

We have a secure (no internet access) lab environment setup to test and validate a VMWare VDI deployment of Win10 clients.

Our issue is activation of the Win10 clients as they require re-activation every time we logoff and back on because we are using instant clones.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to resolve this? Here are the options we are considering and issues as we understand them:

• Setup a KMS server
      • Requires a Volume license, which is doable
      • Documentation says we must have a minimum of 25 hosts, we don' have that in our lab
    • Use our MSDN account
      • No support for Win10 KMS license
      • No support for MKS activation
    • Manually activate each time
      • Gonna spend a lot of time on the phone Struggling to Activate Win10 on new build :(
      • Win10 has no grace period so machines are crippled w/o activation
    Anyone have a thought or suggestions? I'm hoping I missed something.

Thanks

wishihad, Jun 18, 2021
  4. Struggling to Activate Win10 on new build

New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

Struggling to Activate Win10 on new build

1. Struggling to Activate Win10 on new build - Similar Threads - Struggling Activate Win10

2. Struggling to activate new motherboard Z790 on NVMe SSD install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Struggling to activate new motherboard Z790 on NVMe SSD install: Hi. I recently upgraded an old pc to a new motherboard. Specifically, I purchased the ASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI. The PC originally had two SATA HDDs installed, a 120GB SSSD and a 1TB HDD. When I installed the new motherboard, the windows 10 OS struggled to accept the...
  3. Struggling to activate new motherboard Z790 on NVMe SSD install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Struggling to activate new motherboard Z790 on NVMe SSD install: Hi. I recently upgraded an old pc to a new motherboard. Specifically, I purchased the ASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI. The PC originally had two SATA HDDs installed, a 120GB SSSD and a 1TB HDD. When I installed the new motherboard, the windows 10 OS struggled to accept the...
  4. Activation after new build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation after new build: Hi everyone, A couple of years ago I used the free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 I have just built a new computer and installed the windows 10 files from my pen drive which I had saved from the original upgrade At first I was unable to activate but after being asked...
  5. Windows Activation on a new build

Windows Activation on a new build: Sorry in advance if I'm getting redundant, just want to get everything right. I was preparing for a new build and the plan to give my son the old computer. I asked the community how it would work with the activation and received prompt responses. So in preparation I...
  6. Win10 pro activation after building new computer

Win10 pro activation after building new computer: Hi all I have purchase win 10 licence very long time ago and lost the email with activation key. Every time I have reinstalled win it activated itself. Few month back I have build new PC motherboard, video, the lot and installed win and to my surprise it did not activated. I...
  7. Faulty Win10 PC, struggling to repair/recover

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Faulty Win10 PC, struggling to repair/recover: Hello, I have a Sony Vaio all-in-one desktop running Win 10. I have suddenly experienced boot problems with the dreaded blue screen on several occasions - one of which gave KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR and now I simply get the black screen with "operating system not found". I...
  8. Can’t install win10 on new build

Can’t install win10 on new build: Hi all, i bought new components to upgrade my current rig. I can’t complete the Win10 setup. Please HELP! i have disconnected most peripheral components and running under this config: 700w PS, Corsair 1 SSD drive 512gig Samsung pro 1 WD drive 2TB; test HD in case SSD is...
  9. Activation problems - new build

Activation problems - new build: Just completed a new build with Window 10 Home 64 Bit installed. Purchased the Software from Amazon. Tried to activate window but it refuses to activate. 92841
  10. Installing Win10 to a new build PC using 'existing' Win10

Installing Win10 to a new build PC using 'existing' Win10: Hi. I've finally allowed my Win7 to be upgraded to Win10. I built my PC myself and may build another in the future which is why I've downloaded the Media Creation Tool. I was about to make a start when I got this message (see pic). Can anyone tell me if I'll have...