Windows 10: Struggling to recreate corrupted profile

Discus and support Struggling to recreate corrupted profile in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Somehow i have done something horrible with my profile so wanted to create a new one. I tried a few system restores but they all have the same issue.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by masplin, Nov 26, 2019.

1. masplin Win User

Struggling to recreate corrupted profile

Somehow i have done something horrible with my profile so wanted to create a new one. I tried a few system restores but they all have the same issue. My account is linked to microsoft account so trying to avoid just deleting the account and starting again. i have read some posts suggesting creating a test account, login under that then rename the current profile as .old. then restart and login should create anew profile. i can then copy across any bits of the old profile I'm confident haven't been corrupted.

However I cannot seem to rename my current profile as get the attached error message.

Struggling to recreate corrupted profile [​IMG]

Any suggestions how i move forward would be appreciated

Mike

Win 10 pro

:)

masplin, Nov 26, 2019

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Jonas Flo Win User
    Corrupted User Profile

Hi,

There maybe a couple of reasons behind this misbehavior such as a corrupted system file. However, we would like to be able to verify which process exactly is corrupted.

• When you install, does it give you any form of error message when it fails?
    • What other processes doesn't go through on the said User account?

As per troubleshooting, you may refer to
    Likhitha V
    's response on this thread. See if it applies to you. However,
    just to give you a heads up. The steps are about creating a new user profile and deleting the current one. I suggest you back up your files so you may be able to transfer it. You can also find information about it on the same thread.

We'll be waiting for your response. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Struggling to recreate corrupted profile

Need to fix a corrupt ad Windows 7 profile

Hello,

What I am trying to accomplish is,

I have a corrupt profile that I need to recreate for my user. I can recreate the profile fine no problems there. What I need/would like to be able to do is to have the ability for the user to log back into the corrupt profile (renamed) if he has to for any
    reason (ODBC connections) anything that would need to be setup again being that it is a brand new profile. Is this possible?

I am not concerned about his file as he has a personal drive where those are being backed up.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated here

Thank you

Robert Duckett, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Struggling to recreate corrupted profile

1. Struggling to recreate corrupted profile - Similar Threads - Struggling recreate corrupted

2. Corrupt User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt User Profile: Recently, I've been trying to purchase an application on the Microsoft Store, however the payment screen would always go blank in a matter of seconds. After some online research, I was able to follow a thread that proposed the solution of trying to purchase the application...
  3. Corrupted user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted user profile: Hello,A couple days ago I tried to rename my personal folder name viaProperties > Advanced system settings > Settings Under user profiles > I don't remember the rest.After this sometimes the taskbar does not peek when I move my cursor to the screen bottom I have turned on...
  4. Corrupted user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted user profile: Hello,A couple days ago I tried to rename my personal folder name viaProperties > Advanced system settings > Settings Under user profiles > I don't remember the rest.After this sometimes the taskbar does not peek when I move my cursor to the screen bottom I have turned on...
  5. Corrupted Adminstrator profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted Adminstrator profiles: My computer has two adminstrator profiles my wife and me linked to microsoft accounts. However, we get the following error "That password is incorrect. Make sure you are using the password for your Microsoft account. If you cannot remember your password, you can reset it from...
  6. Corrupt profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt profile: so i was holding the power button on my laptop to force my computer to shot down while window is signing in and the next time i turned my computer on, it say the window cant sign in my profile and i have to use a alternative profile which will lost everything i did after i...
  7. "Corrupted" profile?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Corrupted" profile?: I have a piece of hardware that works fine when plugged into one my profile users, but when it connects to the other user it doesnt work the same way!. I dont know what to do. I could use the other profile but I have some data there wich I like to keep handy, is there a way...
  8. Corrupted Profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupted Profile: This morning, I tried signing into my computer to find out my profile had been corrupted, is there anyway I can get my files from that profile back? submitted by /u/Motorsport_Fanatic_7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gv7as9/corrupted_profile/
  9. Profile corrupted?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Profile corrupted?: On booting, my Desktop and Taskbar have become almost empty. Start has lost almost all of its tiles, some are blacked out. The Store cannot be accessed. Most icons which remained or which I re-created do not launch their app or file. A few which work look like their app has...
  10. How to delete/recreate my corrupt recycle bins?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete/recreate my corrupt recycle bins?: Hello, Apparently my recycle bins (one or more?) have been corrupted. I found that I can delete/recreate them, but that does not work. I was supposed to run command prompt as admin and then type at system 32: /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin But I get un-understandable response that q...