Windows 10: Struggling to update windows

Discus and support Struggling to update windows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought a laptop a few months ago and ever since then i havent had enough time to update my old pc, i havent updated it since january and today i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sen__EG, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Sen__EG Win User

Struggling to update windows

I bought a laptop a few months ago and ever since then i havent had enough time to update my old pc, i havent updated it since january and today i booted it up and went straight to windows update, at first it was taking an extrememly long time to check for updates and then i closed then opned it again and now the screen wont even show it shows the other settings but when i click on WIndows Update it stuck loading Can anyone help me i do not want to redownload all my apps again :Currently posting from my laptop

:)

Sen__EG, Aug 7, 2022
  2. Mish111 Win User

Struggling for Months to Update Windows 10 - Diagnostics Below

Struggling to update windows [​IMG]

Java never went away from main view - Never
    Yesterday we got it removed from the CC panel Program List

Struggling to update windows [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

We have been in this spot since Yesterday.
    It seems like we have some damn 32 bit piece of Java that does not show up in program list

Last time I tied - this is what ran overnight - the old java was in that tool list.
    Do not know if it is there now

Mish111, Aug 7, 2022
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Struggling to update windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 7, 2022
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Aug 7, 2022
Thema:

1. Struggling to update windows - Similar Threads - Struggling update

2. I have lost some apps including default ones and I'm struggling to get them back, what...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have lost some apps including default ones and I'm struggling to get them back, what...: Hello there! A few weeks ago, I was on my laptop trying to launch some applications, like Spotify, but no matter how many times I clicked, they would not open. I turned on and off my computer, but nothing changed. I thus tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app in...
  3. Struggling to update windows [solved]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Struggling to update windows [solved]: I bought a laptop a few months ago and ever since then i havent had enough time to update my old pc, i havent updated it since january and today i booted it up and went straight to windows update, at first it was taking an extrememly long time to check for updates and then i...
  4. Struggling to update windows [solved]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Struggling to update windows [solved]: I bought a laptop a few months ago and ever since then i havent had enough time to update my old pc, i havent updated it since january and today i booted it up and went straight to windows update, at first it was taking an extrememly long time to check for updates and then i...
  5. Struggling to update windows [solved]

6. Struggling to update windows

Struggling to update windows: I bought a laptop a few months ago and ever since then i havent had enough time to update my old pc, i havent updated it since january and today i booted it up and went straight to windows update, at first it was taking an extrememly long time to check for updates and then i...
  7. Struggling to update windows

Struggling to update windows: I bought a laptop a few months ago and ever since then i havent had enough time to update my old pc, i havent updated it since january and today i booted it up and went straight to windows update, at first it was taking an extrememly long time to check for updates and then i...
  8. Im struggling with installation of these two recent windows updates. plz help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im struggling with installation of these two recent windows updates. plz help: Plz help to fix these issues https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-struggling-with-installation-of-these-two/13167156-6d06-4b0b-b06f-59ef2bf22f24
  9. Im struggling with installation of these two recent windows updates. plz help

Im struggling with installation of these two recent windows updates. plz help: Plz help to fix these issues https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-struggling-with-installation-of-these-two/13167156-6d06-4b0b-b06f-59ef2bf22f24
  10. Struggling to get W10 to use external HD during Update

Struggling to get W10 to use external HD during Update: Just bought an ASUS netbook/tablet and it is saying W10 needs updating but there is insufficient disk space ( needs 8G apparently). I have followed a couple of on-line guides and tried adding a 32G micro-SD card, 16 G USB and 1T external HDD but W10 does not seem to recognise...