Windows 10: sttray64.exe error message after latest windows update?

Discus and support sttray64.exe error message after latest windows update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good Afternoon Since installing the latest windows update for windows 10 on my HP envy 14 beats edition laptop I have been getting the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 5 A Day Delivery Service, Oct 17, 2018.

1. sttray64.exe error message after latest windows update?

Good Afternoon

Since installing the latest windows update for windows 10 on my HP envy 14 beats edition laptop I have been getting the following error message after startup and I've also noticed I lose my files and images in my adobe premiere elements, not sure how this has happened but most importantly what is this error message and why is it being displayed now every time I start up windows and how can the issue be resolved?

sttray64.exe error message after latest windows update? 07c065cc-238a-4191-b1c1-199261461622?upload=true.png

Kind Regards

Bill

5 A Day Delivery Service

:)

5 A Day Delivery Service, Oct 17, 2018

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Alain2017 Win User
    Unusual application address in task manager for sttray64.exe

I am trying to repair my Win 10, that newly became so slow, in Chrome browsing and startup, by limiting unnecessary startup programs.
    I found a "Program" program and did some research about it and decided to remove it from my PC.
    But it could not be displayed in add/remove program list.
    right click options are disabled in task manager.
    What I realized is that, the addres of this file is unusual, there is a double coat in the middle of address, not at the end!.

sttray64.exe error message after latest windows update? [​IMG]

"C:\Program" files\IDT\WDM\sttray64.exe
    I checked, the file is not in this folder.

I have an updated Antivirus, firewall running.

in thhe other hand, after my last Win updates, my sound system not working properly, for example volume meter is not folowing keyboard buttons, and headphone jack could not mute pc speakers and I can hear from both of them.

So I need experts help.

Best

Alain2017, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

sttray64.exe error message after latest windows update?

Unusual application address in task manager for sttray64.exe

What I've seen is the sttray64.exe file in the IDT Folder has to do with the sound adapter/card in a computer. The biggest issue is the double-quote in the path being there or in the wrong place, C:\Program Files is a legitimate/required Folder on both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows. If running the 64-bit there will also be a C:\Program Files (x86) folder to hold 32-bit programs.

The double-quote should be at the beginning and at the end of the path or not there at all. That suggests some corruption or infection of the computer. I'd start with running an up-to-date antivirus program, an antimalware program then removing the sound software, rebooting and reinstalling it.

Berton, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

sttray64.exe error message after latest windows update?

1. sttray64.exe error message after latest windows update? - Similar Threads - sttray64 exe error

2. after the latest update dated 6 oct 2023 , explore,exe showing error of class not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after the latest update dated 6 oct 2023 , explore,exe showing error of class not...: after the latest update dated 6 oct 2023 , explore,exe showing error of class not registered and tool bar is not working , start menu is not working so settings is not opening...
  3. after the latest update dated 6 oct 2023 , explore,exe showing error of class not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after the latest update dated 6 oct 2023 , explore,exe showing error of class not...: after the latest update dated 6 oct 2023 , explore,exe showing error of class not registered and tool bar is not working , start menu is not working so settings is not opening...
  4. after the latest update dated 6 oct 2023 , explore,exe showing error of class not...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Error Message after Windows Updat

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Message after Windows Updat: I recently updated to the latest version of windows. I am now getting the following message when I boot up my laptop. There was a problem starting C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll The specified module could not be found. What is causing this and can it be fixed....
  6. error message [skype.exe] with latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error message [skype.exe] with latest update: i have 2 laptops with windows 10 pro installed. as of about a week ago, every time i log in to another user other than the administrator user i get a pop up form windows saying something about not being able to find skype app. i've attached a screenshot. i uninstalled skype...
  7. exe file latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    exe file latest update: how to back up my data please help me then i want to install exe file but always connected to microsoft play store how i can fix this... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-file-latest-update/fd1b254a-4d80-4077-9c1c-5c8074ac6241
  8. Error code after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code after latest windows update: Sir, What I have to do? No repair option works, I had system restore point but it's not recognizing I have win USB stick to start but all fixmbr commands are access denied Can't find win installation [IMG]...
  9. "System Error : Can"t get email" error message after latest Windows 10 update.

"System Error : Can"t get email" error message after latest Windows 10 update.: Following the recent update to Windows 10, I note that two of my POP email accounts on Mail are no longer operative. Under Manage Accounts, the following error message appears in respect of each account : System Error : Can't get email. If I try to add back the accounts, it...
  10. Unusual application address in task manager for sttray64.exe

Unusual application address in task manager for sttray64.exe: I am trying to repair my Win 10, that newly became so slow, in Chrome browsing and startup, by limiting unnecessary startup programs. I found a "Program" program and did some research about it and decided to remove it from my PC. But it could not be displayed in add/remove...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sttray64.exe error windows

2. windows 10 sttray64.exe error

3. sttray64.exe error upgrading windows10