Windows 10: Stub.exe removed in File Explorer

Discus and support Stub.exe removed in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I download a stub.exe file from a Github repo I use Tor Browser, since Chrome refuses to download the file after I click "keep", it at first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JaydenBurke, May 4, 2020.

1. Stub.exe removed in File Explorer

When I download a stub.exe file from a Github repo I use Tor Browser, since Chrome refuses to download the file after I click "keep", it at first appears in the Download folder, and then after a few seconds, it disappears, without any notification from Windows Defender or my Anti Virus Both are snoozed when I download the file. Any help?

:)

JaydenBurke, May 4, 2020
  2. corrywd Win User

Cannot Remove File From File Explorers Recent Files List

I'm using Windows 10 and have always been able to remove files from the file explorer's recent files list. The file is listed as FileProvider and it is located in the ThisPC/downloads directory. Any other file is readily deleted from the list by the usual
    procedure. This file is not. Any suggestions?

THANKS

corrywd, May 4, 2020
  3. zephyrus Win User
    some .exe files hang

In the last 48 hours, some .exe files do not execute. If started from explorer, explorer hangs. No error messages. These files run on another Win 10 machine. Nothing obvious in the event viewer. I note that *.exe file cannot be deleted when the system is in this state. I must reboot to regain access to the .exe file. sfc /scannnow shows no errors.

Any suggestions?

zephyrus, May 4, 2020
  4. kd833 Win User

Stub.exe removed in File Explorer

Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file

I have a folder full of *.exe files. When I navigate to the folder to read its content (files listed in "tile" mode), Explorer hangs for a minute or two displaying in the title bar "not responding". Eventually, the files are displayed but it is a bit of a pain. I modified Explorer's view options to not display thumbnails or icons of the files. But that had no effect. Is it that Explorer is attempting to read the content of these exe files to display the embedded images regardless of how I configure Explorer to operate? Is there anything that can be done to make Explorer display these files faster?

kd833, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Stub.exe removed in File Explorer

1. Stub.exe removed in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Stub exe removed

2. Why isn't file explorer not opening .exe's?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why isn't file explorer not opening .exe's?: When i try to open any exe files on explorer it does the busy cursor then it doesn't open it? any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-file-explorer-not-opening-exes/6a803796-da43-4ab8-b50e-887d4de66ee1
  3. For removing a exe file in Roaming folder, which is running in windows explorer and...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    For removing a exe file in Roaming folder, which is running in windows explorer and...: For removing a exe file in Roaming folder, which is running in windows explorer and contains a virus according to windows security.I am using windows 10 pro. Whenever I use my pc, I am getting a virus alert from Windows Security, stating that there is a trojan virus in the...
  4. File Explorer Encryption Removal

File Explorer Encryption Removal: Hello all, I am having troubles removing the file encryption from my documents folder within file explorer. It started when I was made aware that files could be encrypted within windows and so I tried to use this feature on one sub folder within documents. I was hoping for...
  5. Sudden remove/change of .exe file location

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden remove/change of .exe file location: Recently this problem occured when i turn my pc on and it showed that some of my application shortcuts were not working because the .exe file has been removed or changes to a new location although i didnt do any such thing. Then i clicked "fix it" the shortcut is fixed in no...
  6. Where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer?

Where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer?: Hi, I hope you and your family are safe from the virus. May I ask where are the apps exe file in the windows explorer? I want to add shortcut to the startup folder in Windows so the apps I use everyday will auto boot whenever I start up the laptop....
  7. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  8. Stub received bad data

Stub received bad data: When ever i open cmd it says Stub received bad data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stub-received-bad-data/18b235a1-09d7-4103-a20a-727d878bb53c
  9. the stub recieved bad data

the stub recieved bad data: Hello I had NPAV antivirus installed on my pc after I uninstalled it I am unable to install any software, create user account and completely lost my administration I saw few fix which requires services to be opened but it does not open CMD also does not run under...
  10. File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files: Hi All, When I double click on an .exe file to install a program, in Windows File Explorer, it takes over a minute to start the installation process. When I use Total Commander to do the same thing, it installs straight away. I've also tried it after disabling my Norton AV...