Windows 10: Stubborn cookies in CCleaner

Discus and support Stubborn cookies in CCleaner in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I posted this problem on Piriform's forum some weeks ago but nobody has responded. After cleaning, I find cookies from bing and msn are still present... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Syncopator, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Stubborn cookies in CCleaner

I posted this problem on Piriform's forum some weeks ago but nobody has responded.
    After cleaning, I find cookies from bing and msn are still present and I have to right click and erase them myself.
    What can I do so that they are cleaned during the normal erase procedure? Or is there a way to stop them being installed in the first place?

:)

Syncopator, Nov 24, 2018

2. VLSC Cookies

I usually suggest this in my first reply- not sure why I didn't.

Turn off CCleaner's cookie management for a while.

and

Don't clear cache, cookies, history, etc. for a while.

See if the problem goes away.

Internet Options (General tab) verify that "Delete browsing history on exit" is not checked.

Don

Don Varnau, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Kol12 Win User
    Are cookies tracking me?

What are the cookies that ccleaner lists on the left side to be whitelisted? There's no where near the amount of cookies shown here as I actually have stored in my browser.

Kol12, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Stubborn cookies in CCleaner

CCleaner removal of cookies and privacy

WHY does it take CCleaner 30 seconds (or longer) to remove just 30-40 cookies from Edge? Is Edge fighting CCleaner to keep these cookies?

AllenChicago, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Stubborn cookies in CCleaner

1. Stubborn cookies in CCleaner - Similar Threads - Stubborn cookies CCleaner

2. CCleaner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CCleaner: when I select Ccleaner it's too big for the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ccleaner/4d3f2c1b-8d6b-4184-bd8d-d2ce7a44e72d
  3. Stubborn clock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stubborn clock: My clock is stubborn and keep setting my time one hour behind my timezone. No matter how many times I turn "automatic time" on and off, whenever I restart my computer it'll always be set back to one hour behind; What the hell is wrong? submitted by /u/nmrdc [link]...
  4. stubborn programme.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    stubborn programme.: 1st off thanks to all that help me out with my pc problems....I down loaded a photo edit on1 raw.. free version ,, after a month it ran out ..so went to apps it wont uninstall. Deleted desk top icon ..then went down bottom left hand corner opened my list off apps etc and...
  5. Excellent cookie cleaner sought (not Ccleaner) - ideas?

Excellent cookie cleaner sought (not Ccleaner) - ideas?: Hi, I need a program that comprehensively lists cookies and allows certain ones to be kept (i.e. not deleted). Ccleaner lists cookies, and you can choose to search and drag them to a 'keep' list. But Ccleaner only lists a few cookies- when I use Firefox to view its cookies,...
  6. CCleaner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CCleaner: Is CCleaner safe to reinstall on laptop using Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ccleaner/2db1feb0-ed2c-4ec6-95de-d0e92c109eb4"
  7. CCleaner removal of cookies and privacy

CCleaner removal of cookies and privacy: Amazon knows me: hello ..... Although I use a vpn, I am registered by my cookies (I presume). Using CCleaner you are able to clean/remove your cookies. This works for Firefox. Amazon doesnot recognize me anymore. However, it does not work for Internet Explorer (my...
  8. CCleaner

CCleaner: What is you guys opinion on this program? I bought the professional version and have used CCleaner for many years but I feel like its beginning to make a small difference on my computer... the cleaning isnt as good as it used to be many years ago... what do you guys think,...
  9. Ccleaner

Ccleaner: Each time I log into my user profile, Ccleaner asks for permissions to run. How can I stop this? Note: I could probably go to Google and research this problem, but I always like to hear something from this forum as I trust you guys and your solutions as they always...
  10. Ccleaner or ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ccleaner or ?: Is Ccleaner the only tool you can clean your Windows 10 with(not registry)safely? I have Bitdefender Total Security 2018, can I use the optimizer build in that product? I am not a techie so what software out there can I use? [img] 91807