Windows 10: Stubborn ipv6 "No Interet access" problem after 4 minutes working

Discus and support Stubborn ipv6 "No Interet access" problem after 4 minutes working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Pro desktop with an Intel Pro/1000 server adapter and Comcast network service. I'm using DHCP to get my ipv6 addresses. ipv6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bhin293, Mar 11, 2019.

1. bhin293 Win User

Stubborn ipv6 "No Interet access" problem after 4 minutes working

I have a Windows 10 Pro desktop with an Intel Pro/1000 server adapter and Comcast network service.

I'm using DHCP to get my ipv6 addresses. ipv6 comes up after booting and is working. I verified that using test-ipv6.com.

After almost exactly 4 minutes, it goes down - I get a "No Internet Access" status and my ipv6 default gateway is gone - no address. I can disable the adapter, reset ipv6 using the netsh command, enable the adapter and it will connect, but fail again after 4 minutes. There are no messages in event viewer, and I've tried tracing using built-in netsh tracing profiles. There are no telltale error messages related to any network problem. Kind of strange it happens almost exactly at 4 minutes every time.

There are some ipv6 addresses still there after the failure:

ipv6 address is there and valid
    temp ivp6 address is there
    Link-local ipv6 is there
    ipv6 DNS servers are there

I have another desktop, and three laptops (all have windows 10 home) none of which have this problem.

I have managed to get it back working after a failure if I manually add a default gateway using netsh commands (shouldn't have to do that).

A funny thing I discovered during troubleshooting, when the status says that ipv6 is down, I can ping the ipv6 default gateway address. However, the responses are intermittent and there is a definite pattern. If I increase the number of transmitted packets to 40 or more, I get 8 succeeded, 8 timed out, then 8 succeeded, then 8 timed out, etc. until the requested number of packets are sent. Not sure what if anything that means. Just interesting symptom, I guess

Here is what I've tried already:

tried 3 different nic's
    onboard Realtek PCIe Gbe controller (motherboard nic)
    TP-Link Gigabit PCIe network adapter
    Intel Pro/1000 PT server adapter (also PCIe)

Tried netsh int ipv6 reset commands
    and tried putting in a startup script so it executes every boot

Tried static protocol settings
    still fails, and the settings magically get set back to DHCP (!??) after failure

Tried deleting adapter from devices and reinstalling

Tried DisabledComponents registry entry (set to 0).

If you get to this point, thanks for reading it this far.

I need some help. Can anyone figure out why this is happening?

:)

bhin293, Mar 11, 2019

2. ipv6 tunnel/access

Figuared i would share this http://broker.aarnet.net.au/ you go there sign up, download the software and you will have ipv6 access to sites like

http://ipv6.google.com (animated google!!!!)

to check if you have ipv6 "support" without a tunnel you can hit up
    http://www.ipv6.sixxs.net/main/
    or
    http://www.sixxs.net/main/

if the first one dosnt work, you pobbly dont have working Teredo(ms's way of giving people ipv6 access, its a bit buggy and their teredo sever goes down a good bit)

For proof this works and isnt a scam see Darknova's post at the below addy
    http://ashentech.com/index.php?topic=1618.msg13045#new

and ofcorse once its working

[utl=http://www.ipv6.sixxs.net/misc/coolstuff/]Cool ipv6 stuff[/url]

enjoy *Smile Stubborn ipv6 "No Interet access" problem after 4 minutes working :)

CheetoLover, Mar 11, 2019
  3. IPv6 No Internet Access.

I already tried the steps that you had mentioned. But it did not resolve my problem. I am struggling alot with this problem. All drivers are upto date. Please tell me another solution for this problem asap.

TejaPonnada, Mar 11, 2019
  4. philness Win User

ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access

So I thought my problem was solved, and then just now my internet stopped working again. Same problem, ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access. Anyone have any suggestions?

philness, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Stubborn ipv6 "No Interet access" problem after 4 minutes working - Similar Threads - Stubborn ipv6 Interet

2. Ipv6 no network access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ipv6 no network access: Hello all, I appreciate any help I can get. I recently installed some windows updates and then my network connection started crashing. I thought I should remove the updates since it seemed that they were doing more harm than good so I checked on latest restore point. Moving...
  3. Ipv6 no network access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ipv6 no network access: Hello all, I appreciate any help I can get. I recently installed some windows updates and then my network connection started crashing. I thought I should remove the updates since it seemed that they were doing more harm than good so I checked on latest restore point. Moving...
  4. Ipv6 no network access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. IPv6 no network access

IPv6 no network access: I've been trying to set up IPv6, and so far, I've enabled it on my TP-Link router. [ATTACH] However, every time I try to test for IPv6 support at test-ipv6.com, it says I do not have IPv6 support. When I check my connection status from the network adapter settings, this is...
  6. IPV6 : No Network Access

IPV6 : No Network Access: Hello,everyone. So recently I realized that my PC runs on IPV4 since I took the WebRTC test due to voice quality issues on discord. I checked the status of my connection and next to IPV6 it said "No Network Access". Ive tried many troubleshooting guides online, which include:...
  7. IPV6 no network access

IPV6 no network access: The status of the internet shows: IPv4 internet but IPv6 no network access. I have tried so many ways to solve the problem bu no works. I met this problems twice before, and I solved it by turning off the firewall and changing some settings on services( I don't remember it...
  8. Ipv6 intermittent network access

Ipv6 intermittent network access: Hi, if anyone can help it would be appreciated. I have looked around online, but don't see exactly the same issue elsewhere. For a few days - possibly since I switched from McAfee to Bitdefender Internet Security, I have intermittently been losing internet. I investigated...
  9. IPV6 connectivity problems

IPV6 connectivity problems: Are there any people around here with IPV6 experience? I've got a Fritzbox 7490 and my provider supports IPV6 by a 6RD tunnel. I'm pretty sure that the connection to the provider works since the Fritzbox web interface shows IPV6 as "connected" and it also shows an address and...
  10. 1511 update, lose IPv6 connectivity a few minutes after reboot

1511 update, lose IPv6 connectivity a few minutes after reboot: I've installed the 1511 update (threshold 2) on my desktop computer. It has always worked correctly with my dual stack IPv4 and IPv6 LAN, with both Windows 8 and Windows 10. Now, after the update, it will initially have IPv6 working after I reboot. Then, after a few minutes,...