Windows 10: Stuck at "Attempting Repairs" on second laptop, first one worked fine

Discus and support Stuck at "Attempting Repairs" on second laptop, first one worked fine in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm at my wits end. I took advantage of the Windows 10 update on my Samsung laptop several weeks ago, and everything went fine. I've been using it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by David413, Aug 26, 2015.

1. David413 Win User

Stuck at "Attempting Repairs" on second laptop, first one worked fine

I'm at my wits end. I took advantage of the Windows 10 update on my Samsung laptop several weeks ago, and everything went fine. I've been using it daily with no issues. So, when my wife asked if she should allow the update on her (identical) Samsung laptop, I said "sure". Well, that appears to have been a mistake. It took days to update, and was constantly shutting down overnight (mine never did that during it's update), and upon restart it would ultimately freeze the touchpad pointer. So last night, I attempted to restart the machine, and now it boots to "Diagnosing your PC" for a few moments, and then goes into "Attempting Repairs" for literally hours with no change. I decided to use the Samsung Recovery to reset the laptop to the factory settings, but I find that the Windows 10 update has rendered that non-functional now. I made a Windows 10 disk from the ISO file, but it will not install. I've made a Windows 10 recovery USB drive, and using it I've gone into a command prompt and tried a "SFC /SCANNOW" but it tells me that a repair is pending and I need to reboot first before running "sfc". So, I'm open to any and all suggestions on recovering this laptop.

:)

David413, Aug 26, 2015

2. Stuck on lenovo logo after windows 10 update on oct 2017

I have tried to use startup repair, but it wont detect

I have tried using cmd to command bootrec and others

but still it didnt work

the first attempt i press turn on it will stuck on the logo

however on the second attempt it will go to the windows and it takes alot of time to boot

the previous version of windows 10 , my laptop is so fine however after an update, it stucks on the lenovo logo

my laptop is lenovo legion y520

vincenthartantoo, Aug 26, 2015
  3. grschinon Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

Stuck at "Attempting Repairs" on second laptop, first one worked fine

1. Stuck at "Attempting Repairs" on second laptop, first one worked fine - Similar Threads - Stuck Attempting Repairs

2. My HP laptop got stuck at the "attempting repairs" loop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP laptop got stuck at the "attempting repairs" loop.: I hard hard reset the system 3times and a window with advanced options opened and chose the "restore" option and then chose the latest restore point. But the system restore just keeps going and won't finish. Is this normal? It's been like an hour.Help....
  3. Media Player not playing on first try but works fine on second try

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player not playing on first try but works fine on second try: Hello All, media player will not play when I click on a media file. The player opens but does nothing.If I close it then double click on the same file it works fine.It does this or every single file the first time but if I restart the laptop andclick on a previous file it...
  4. Media Player not playing on first try but works fine on second try

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Player not playing on first try but works fine on second try: Hello All, media player will not play when I click on a media file. The player opens but does nothing.If I close it then double click on the same file it works fine.It does this or every single file the first time but if I restart the laptop andclick on a previous file it...
  5. Stuck on "Attempting Repair" loop on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on "Attempting Repair" loop on startup.: Hi, I'm trying to fix my son's laptop which is stuck on "attempting repair" on startup. I've tried pretty much everything I think. I booted from a flashdrive, tried everything including system restore which failed as it scanned the file system on the drive C:\ It suggests the...
  6. PC stuck on attempting repairs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC stuck on attempting repairs: Hi,i was updating some drivers on my Asus all in one pc and i accidentally updated the wrong driver. it said something about having to restart and then it said that the computer needed to be repaired and it’s been stuck on the attempting repairs screen for a while. the driver...
  7. Stuck in "Attempting Repairs Loop"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in "Attempting Repairs Loop": Hello, I have an Acer Aspire V no CD Rom computer that continues to transition to black screen from the home screen. After conducting the boot/reboot process to get to Safe Mode, I was able to work with the computer, removed the most recent update; but it reverted back to...
  8. Attempting repairs stuck

Attempting repairs stuck: so, i have sony vaio. Yesterday i played like 3-4 hours, and now i opened my laptop and this happened [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attempting-repairs-stuck/d8f6cd82-f5ce-4c6f-b20a-c3ee2eb18862
  9. PC stuck in attempting repair.

PC stuck in attempting repair.: My acer all-in-one pc has suddenly become unable to boot. It keeps getting stuck at the attempting repairs for hours. I have tried to force shut down and click alt+f10 to try to reset the pc. It just hang there and wont proceed to reset the pc despite clicking it. I tried...
  10. windows 10 stuck on attempting to repair

windows 10 stuck on attempting to repair: tried the 3 reboot and it does nothing same issue over and over again can not get past the attemting to repair screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stuck-on-attempting-to-repair/0c887bc7-689d-412d-9f9f-4d3acb3e4759

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stuck on attempting repairs windows 10 ON MSI LAPTOP

2. windows stucks attempting repairs