Windows 10: Stuck at "Attempting Repairs" on second laptop, first one worked fine

Discus and support Stuck at "Attempting Repairs" on second laptop, first one worked fine in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm at my wits end. I took advantage of the Windows 10 update on my Samsung laptop several weeks ago, and everything went fine. I've been using it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by David413, Aug 26, 2015.

1. David413 Win User

Stuck at "Attempting Repairs" on second laptop, first one worked fine

I'm at my wits end. I took advantage of the Windows 10 update on my Samsung laptop several weeks ago, and everything went fine. I've been using it daily with no issues. So, when my wife asked if she should allow the update on her (identical) Samsung laptop, I said "sure". Well, that appears to have been a mistake. It took days to update, and was constantly shutting down overnight (mine never did that during it's update), and upon restart it would ultimately freeze the touchpad pointer. So last night, I attempted to restart the machine, and now it boots to "Diagnosing your PC" for a few moments, and then goes into "Attempting Repairs" for literally hours with no change. I decided to use the Samsung Recovery to reset the laptop to the factory settings, but I find that the Windows 10 update has rendered that non-functional now. I made a Windows 10 disk from the ISO file, but it will not install. I've made a Windows 10 recovery USB drive, and using it I've gone into a command prompt and tried a "SFC /SCANNOW" but it tells me that a repair is pending and I need to reboot first before running "sfc". So, I'm open to any and all suggestions on recovering this laptop.

:)

David413, Aug 26, 2015

2. Stuck on lenovo logo after windows 10 update on oct 2017

I have tried to use startup repair, but it wont detect

I have tried using cmd to command bootrec and others

but still it didnt work

the first attempt i press turn on it will stuck on the logo

however on the second attempt it will go to the windows and it takes alot of time to boot

the previous version of windows 10 , my laptop is so fine however after an update, it stucks on the lenovo logo

my laptop is lenovo legion y520

vincenthartantoo, Aug 26, 2015
  3. grschinon Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

Stuck at "Attempting Repairs" on second laptop, first one worked fine

1. Stuck at "Attempting Repairs" on second laptop, first one worked fine - Similar Threads - Stuck Attempting Repairs

2. Stuck on "attempting repairs" with no way to get to the menu to fix it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on "attempting repairs" with no way to get to the menu to fix it: I've seen a lot of people had this problem, but i've reset this a bunch of time and I still have the attempting repairs loop. before that comes up, i can hit f11 and it opens up my MSI z97 pc mate which gives me a bunch of options but i don't know what to do. please any help...
  3. Stuck on attempting repair, unsure what to do

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on attempting repair, unsure what to do: Hi, So, Yesterday I performed a hard shut down on my computer because it wouldn't wake up from sleep mode. However when I restarted it a message appeared, asking me to repair the computer I carried out the automatic repair and it didn't work, as it was late I chose the...
  4. PC stuck in attempting repair.

PC stuck in attempting repair.: My acer all-in-one pc has suddenly become unable to boot. It keeps getting stuck at the attempting repairs for hours. I have tried to force shut down and click alt+f10 to try to reset the pc. It just hang there and wont proceed to reset the pc despite clicking it. I tried...
  5. Stuck on attempting repair screen after 2 days

Stuck on attempting repair screen after 2 days: I'm using wibdows 10 on HP PC and stuck in attempting repair screen and i cant access the safe mode startup. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-attempting-repair-screen-after-2-days/5f816974-a46f-4dcf-96ef-07d71b454064
  6. Windows 10 stuck on "attempting repairs"!

Windows 10 stuck on "attempting repairs"!: I downloaded Assetto Corsa for the first time on steam, right after moved the folder from my C dribe to E drive to savespace, ran the game, it promoted me with “installing first time setup” files, and then had an error and said there wasnt enough space when my C drive has...
  7. windows 10 stuck on attempting to repair

windows 10 stuck on attempting to repair: tried the 3 reboot and it does nothing same issue over and over again can not get past the attemting to repair screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stuck-on-attempting-to-repair/0c887bc7-689d-412d-9f9f-4d3acb3e4759
  8. Attempting repairs

Attempting repairs: Attempting repairs is stuck, apparently there was an update. Need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/attempting-repairs/8cebda09-f828-49ab-9a48-85deb6b3c97a
  9. my laptop is attempting to repair loop

my laptop is attempting to repair loop: my laptop is in attempting to repair loop and i cant restore it or anything just constant cant repair. Can i create a repair boot usb on another computer to use on my laptop ?...
  10. Favorites and Bar don't work on one Laptop but work fine on Desktop

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites and Bar don't work on one Laptop but work fine on Desktop: Here is info from both computers that might assist in troubleshooting my problem. Trying to Import from IE shows "couldn't import favorites." In both of the following instances identical lists of my favorites and contents of Favorites Bar appear in both laptop and desktop...