Windows 10: Stuck at blurry pin entry screen with no typing field

Discus and support Stuck at blurry pin entry screen with no typing field in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; We just recently got a pc for my wife to work at home. The pc was running fine for about a week. Tonight she restarted the pc and it gets to the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sirius_Gee, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Stuck at blurry pin entry screen with no typing field

We just recently got a pc for my wife to work at home. The pc was running fine for about a week. Tonight she restarted the pc and it gets to the screen where you click and the pin pad comes up, but in this instance, the screen blurs like the pinpad is coming up, but nothing appears. The only thing on the screen is the three icons in bottom right for power, network and the last I cant remember.

I am currently running a system restore to see if that works. I have already tried reinstalling windows, using 5he repair tool, and using the command box to search windir%\system32\config\systemprofile\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\caches and go to directory (there are no files in the directory)

I've seen online that this is a fairly common issue, but no real ways that I haven't tried to fix it.

Please help

submitted by /u/Sirius_Gee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sirius_Gee, Jan 24, 2021

2. Unable to type in search box or edge URL entry field

Hi,

Are you unable to just type in this fields or are these fields greyed out?

I would suggest you to first check if install all the latest updates available through Windows updates to make sure that you have all the patches. If you have already done this, then I would suggest try these steps and check if it

helps:

View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge

Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Base CSP PIN entry popup not showing a Pin entry field

Dear all,

If I read correctly, according to following information regarding the PIN entry popup that appears when you authenticate to a website with a smart card, this PIN dialog is generated by Windows:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...posespanspan-idsecretpurposespansecretpurpose

Now I have the issue that on Windows 7, when using google chrome 70, this dialog is missing the PIN entry field (though all the texts are displayed)

Can an application (google chrome 70) cause this Windows dialog to behave improperly?

From the link above I was under the impression that only some values from the minidriver and the Windows registry were used to build up that dialog box, so I'm a bit confused about how an application that is using a certificate and its keys on a smart card
    can change this dialog

We have also reported this issue at google (it got merged into this issue: 880835 - chromium - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Monorail),

Frederik Vernelen (BOSA), Jan 24, 2021
  4. Stuck at blurry pin entry screen with no typing field

blocked entry box pin-code on the lock screen

Hi Valeriy,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I am sorry you've had a bad experience.  I ensure you, we will help you with this issue

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Are you not able to enter pin code in the lock screen?

I suggest you to use On-Screen keyboard and check if can enter the pin code.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Stuck at blurry pin entry screen with no typing field

1. Stuck at blurry pin entry screen with no typing field - Similar Threads - Stuck blurry pin

2. Pin field not registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin field not registering: When I wake my windows 10 and the PIN field appears, it doesn't all me to type in the field, so I can't go on. I have to wait until the PIN screen times out and goes to a splash screen. As soon as this has happened, I can click my mouse, which takes me back to the PIN screen...
  3. Stuck at blurry and blank pin screen after Feature 20H2 Update.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck at blurry and blank pin screen after Feature 20H2 Update.: Basically it shows the background of the windows start up screen and all but there's no pin when ever I try to get in it just shows me a blank lock screen. Below is what I see granted this is a screen shot of a video I took of it so motion blur but the point still stands....
  4. Windows Lock Screen stuck at this Blurry Screen.

Windows Lock Screen stuck at this Blurry Screen.: Context: I was playing with my friends the other day and suddenly I got the Blue Screen of Death. My laptop restarted and it also started disk checking. After that, my laptop booted up properly but the lock screen is stuck at this blurry screen with no way of accessing the...
  5. PC: Field for password entry is not displayed?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PC: Field for password entry is not displayed?: Edit: Reset it once now (with Keep Files) and it works again. A bit annoying to have to install everything again, but I was desperate with this thing I don't know exactly where to ask this, so I'll just do it here. If you start up the PC and press space bar/mouse up at...
  6. Stuck in blurry log in screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in blurry log in screen: Hey all, Running into a issue with booting my laptop- it's stuck in a loop on the blurry log in screen and won't get to the point to where I can enter a password. Startup repair and system restore do not work, and I can't reset to a clean install of windows. Even trying to...
  7. Help! Stuck on welcome screen before pin entry!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Stuck on welcome screen before pin entry!: Hey everyone! I recently installed a few Windows 10 updates and afterwards restarted my laptop. Once it booted up I got to the welcome screen where you can click or hit any key to proceed to your pin or password to log into your computer. My problem is that when I click or...
  8. PIN entry window at welcome screen

PIN entry window at welcome screen: My PIN entry window has disappeared. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-entry-window-at-welcome-screen/88be7a9d-7ef2-4089-aa62-b648ebc8ea12
  9. PC stuck at a blurry login screen

PC stuck at a blurry login screen: I recently updated my PC and now it is stuck at the login screen. It boots up normally to the lock screen, after pressing any button or using the mouse it goes to the next screen for the login but does not load the password box and the screen remains blurry. I can use the...
  10. PIN entry screen not displayed on boot

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN entry screen not displayed on boot: Hi all My PC has developed an annoying issue over the last week. When I boot the PC I get the normal desktop screen with the date and time correctly shown. If I then hit a key to move to the PIN entry screen, the time and date are removed but the PIN entry box is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows.login pin field become unfocused