Windows 10: Stuck at boot

Discus and support Stuck at boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a HP Windows 10 laptop unsure of what model and I am trying to either factory reset or system restore the laptop. It is currently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarvinAnthony, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Stuck at boot

Hi,

I have a HP Windows 10 laptop unsure of what model and I am trying to either factory reset or system restore the laptop.

It is currently stuck on either 'Diagnosing your PC' and 'Configuring Windows' with no changes. I think a software update went wrong but I have no way of entering safe mode to try and reset or restore.

I have tried the Shift+F8 method which for some reason is F9 on this laptop which brings me to the boot manager, but there isn't an option to enter safe mode anywhere on the manager. I've also tried the Windows+C method and nothing seems to change, the most I can ever do is get to the Boot Manager, but I can't seem to change the booting process from there.

Would greatly appreciate any sort of advice. Is the laptop beyond repair? Is this an issue with the hard drive? I haven't seen this issue before so I don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance

:)

MarvinAnthony, Jan 30, 2020
  2. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Jan 30, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 30, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

Stuck at boot

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Stuck at boot

1. Stuck at boot - Similar Threads - Stuck boot

2. Windows 11 Boot Menu stuck with Best Buy Boot MRI PE /windows from in store repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Boot Menu stuck with Best Buy Boot MRI PE /windows from in store repair: I recently took my computer to Best Buy for possible repair since I bought the PC from them.I am pretty knowledgeable about computers and did every test myself from the UEFI Bios to Hewitt Packard diagnostics.I have a code 41 & code 125 event codes in Event Viewer, perhaps an...
  3. Windows 11 Boot Menu stuck with Best Buy Boot MRI PE /windows from in store repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Boot Menu stuck with Best Buy Boot MRI PE /windows from in store repair: I recently took my computer to Best Buy for possible repair since I bought the PC from them.I am pretty knowledgeable about computers and did every test myself from the UEFI Bios to Hewitt Packard diagnostics.I have a code 41 & code 125 event codes in Event Viewer, perhaps an...
  4. Windows 10 laptop stuck in boot loop for countless hours, have tried many different...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop stuck in boot loop for countless hours, have tried many different...: Hello, my Windows 10 is stuck in boot loop, I have tried restarting many times and let it boot up for countless hours but nothing seems to work, is there any way I could resolve this issue without the need of seeking professional technical help? I have tried accessing the...
  5. Windows 10 laptop stuck in boot loop for countless hours, have tried many different...

Windows 10 laptop stuck in boot loop for countless hours, have tried many different...: Hello, my Windows 10 is stuck in boot loop, I have tried restarting many times and let it boot up for countless hours but nothing seems to work, is there any way I could resolve this issue without the need of seeking professional technical help? I have tried accessing the...
  6. Windows 10 laptop stuck in boot loop for countless hours, have tried many different...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB: So I'm trying to boot my PC from a USB in which there are the Windows 10 files generated with MediaCreationTool.The problem I'm encountering is that when following the normal steps of the installation I'm actually following the next guide: LightJack - Installing Windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB

Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB: So I'm trying to boot my PC from a USB in which there are the Windows 10 files generated with MediaCreationTool.The problem I'm encountering is that when following the normal steps of the installation I'm actually following the next guide: LightJack - Installing Windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB

10. Windows 10 gets stuck when booting from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade