Windows 10: Stuck at Choose Option Screen after a reset

Discus and support Stuck at Choose Option Screen after a reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, so after losing my Microsoft administrator password though I was able to log into my PC with my PIN or fingerprint I needed to link my account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Computersh8Me, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Stuck at Choose Option Screen after a reset

Hi, so after losing my Microsoft administrator password though I was able to log into my PC with my PIN or fingerprint I needed to link my account since I only have a digital license. Since I couldn't link my account I chose to reset my pc which I thought would delete all admins from the computer or so I read. When I tried to reset last night it said it didn't work and everything went back to the way it was. I even logged into Office and worked for a bit. Yet when I turned it on this a.m I am at the blue "Choose an Option" screen and if I try to restore with the usb that I created ahead, it takes me right back to that "Option" screen. Even if I try to choose another option beside restore it brings me again back to the Option screen. Not only that when I choose "shut down PC" it takes me to my Bios screen for my Asus. Something I have never seen before. I bought my PC used about 6 months ago, it came with WIN10 and I started using it right away all I did was subscribe to Office. It is only recently that I learned about product keys and all that. My question u guess is Do I purchase my own copy of WIN10 or will I be able to use my digital license even though I didn't link it? I am not the best with computers but learning. What are my options? Thank you.

:)

Computersh8Me, Mar 13, 2020

2. Trying to reset PC - Stuck on Choose Keyboard Layout screen

I'm trying to reset my PC to get out a temporary user profile I'm stuck on. Every time I start the reset process, I am sent to a frozen Choose Keyboard Layout screen. I can't use my mouse or touchscreen to choose a layout. Can anyone please help me with this?

buonafortuna, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Stuck at “choose an account to continue” screen

Hi Lucas,

One of the possible reasons why your PC fails to boot into normal mode are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    Safe Mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode.
    This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps
    below:

• In the Search box, type Control Panel and press
      Enter.
    • On the upper-right window, under View
      by, click Category and select
      Large icons.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Stuck at Choose Option Screen after a reset

Stuck on choose an option

My PC had an error a few days ago and since then I've been stuck on choose an option screen and the only options i have are turn off or troubleshoot to which the option in trouble shoot fail to work and my command keeps coming up with corrupt idk what
    to do now

RetroTiger1, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Stuck at Choose Option Screen after a reset

1. Stuck at Choose Option Screen after a reset - Similar Threads - Stuck Choose Option

2. Stuck on blue "Choose an option" screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on blue "Choose an option" screen: Hello, I recently tried to erase my drive with a software, that claimed to erase only external files and not the system one. As you probably guessed it, it also erased system files and got me stuck on this "Choose an option" screen, with none of the options working, only...
  3. Stuck on blue "Choose an option" screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on blue "Choose an option" screen: Hello, I recently tried to erase my drive with a software, that claimed to erase only external files and not the system one. As you probably guessed it, it also erased system files and got me stuck on this "Choose an option" screen, with none of the options working, only...
  4. Stuck on blue "Choose an option" screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck on Choose an Option

Stuck on Choose an Option: Hello. I clicked the "Update and Shut Down" button and when I checked my laptop, it displays the Choose an Option screen. I tried clicking the continue but it just loops back to the Choose an Option screen. How can i solve this?...
  6. Stuck on Choose an Option

Stuck on Choose an Option: Hello. I clicked the "Update and Shut Down" button and when I checked my laptop, it displays the Choose an Option screen. I tried clicking the continue but it just loops back to the Choose an Option screen. How can i solve this?...
  7. Stuck on "Choose an option" screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "Choose an option" screen: Hello so i was deleting app for spaces on my HP 15 Notebook PC and I may delete the system and then I turn off my laptop and now my screen stuck like this when i press troubleshoot there other choice but none of them are working and i check for tutorial there suppose to be...
  8. Stuck on "Choose an option" screen

Stuck on "Choose an option" screen: Hello so i was deleting app for spaces on my HP 15 Notebook PC and I may delete the system and then I turn off my laptop and now my screen stuck like this when i press troubleshoot there other choice but none of them are working and i check for tutorial there suppose to be...
  9. Stuck on "Choose an option" screen

10. I'm stuck on "Choose an option" with only two options after a reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm stuck on "Choose an option" with only two options after a reset.: I'm stuck on "choose an option" after restart. I onely have two options? Title says: "Choose an option", option 1 says: "Troubleshoot", option 2 says: "Turn off your PC". None of the Troubleshoot options seem to work exept for "Settings for UEFI-Firmware". Please help, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resetting pc going back to choose option

2. My laptop is stuck on the choose an option screen

3. windows 10 stuck in choose an option

4. stuck on choose an option screen windows 10,
  5. choose an option,
  6. Choose an option screen,
  7. windows 10 update stuck on choose an option,
  8. My screen only shows the choose an option comand