Windows 10: Stuck at cmd

Discus and support Stuck at cmd in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After PC is booted, everything is normal all the way to just before desktop. It shows a blacked screen with only the cmd. In the cmd, it shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GYOE, Aug 30, 2019.

1. GYOE Win User

Stuck at cmd

After PC is booted, everything is normal all the way to just before desktop. It shows a blacked screen with only the cmd.

In the cmd, it shows c:/windows/system32.

Pressing enter will just repeat the same line.

Found out online I could type Explorer.exe and desktop will launch as normal.

I had then restarted my PC to see it problem persist, and it does.

So right now, every time I boot up, I would need to type in Explorer.exe to the cmd.

And in case it help, I have uninstalled Avira antivirus and installed Avast yesterday;this could had cause my startup reg to be messed up.

How to fix this so the PC will launch Explorer.exe automatically?

If possible, not to reset my PC.

This is the link that instructed me to type explorer.exe:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/860115-solved-windows-10-black-screen-with-system32-cmd-prompt/

:)

2. Windows and CMD- renaming a file in CMD

Steps I've done

Here what happens

• turn on PC

• start windows

• get blue screen ( message NTFS file)

• it reboots returns to diagnosing PC

• Diagnose and repair fails

• I move to advance options

• will not reset windows , I click on CMD

things I've tried
    commands:

reagentc /disable

reagentc /enable

*************************FAILED
    not recognized

Please advise

RandallBrock, Aug 30, 2019
  3. aronchick Win User
    Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Stuck at cmd

is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Stuck at cmd

1. Stuck at cmd - Similar Threads - Stuck cmd

2. Update stuck at 100

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stuck at 100: [IMG] The update has been stuch at 100%. I've restarted my lappy, also tried toggling airplane mode on, but nothing happened. Update stops here only. What do i do now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-stuck-at-100/868e6fe4-ad54-4528-95e1-eb07977197de
  3. Windows gets stuck at checking for updates on 46 percent

Windows gets stuck at checking for updates on 46 percent: So i have an old hard drive from a previous computer with windows 10 on it, and i haven't been able to update it since late 2017. Even after i cloned this drive onto a new ssd, it still wont update. and when i use the media creation tool, it gets stuck on the checking for...
  4. Pc stuck

Pc stuck: I decided to install newest windows update that was available because option popped out, and thinking its a little update, taking maximum up to 30 minutes agreed for it to install on spot. After 2 hours of waiting i saw that update was stuck on 19% completion, before being...
  5. Sound not working and windows audio stuck at "stoping"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not working and windows audio stuck at "stoping": I was talking with some people and the all of the sudden my sound just quit and then on the bottom hot bar on the sound icon it says "audio service is not running. I went into services and saw that the service call "Windows Audio" i tried to use command prompt but it says...
  6. update stuck at 90%

update stuck at 90%: after windows tell me to restart the computer, it gets stuck at 90% for more than 10 hours long, and I've tried to update & had this for 3 times, still not getting up to date. current version 1803, attempt to update to 1903. tried troubleshooting windows update but this...
  7. Stuck with a black screen and a CMD window

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck with a black screen and a CMD window: Hi guys, long story short. Noticed that my CPU always was at 100% and that soundmixer.exe was the cause to it. After some googling i decided to remove it from regedit and restarted the computer. Now when i start the computer i'm stuck with a black screen and a CMD window,...
  8. CMD on startup stuck at "verifying security descriptors"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD on startup stuck at "verifying security descriptors": Hey guys, Recently my laptop gone nuts, it lags at times and the final time I restarted it, it engages system repair mode. Me and my wife tried several repair methods from everywhere we can find just to recover our files from being wiped out. But now we are stuck at:...
  9. WIndows 10 Boot up stuck with CMD screen only

WIndows 10 Boot up stuck with CMD screen only: I am really grilled with this problem of this Windows 10. I need help, I explorer various blogs to help myself. Then too, I am here with that problem. I already had this problem previously for which I format my PC. I don't want to do that again. Just help....
  10. CMD Stuck in Unicode

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD Stuck in Unicode: I'm editing this as I 'solved' the first issue I had and found the underlying issue (which I'm not sure how to solve): Some instances of cmd (if I run a batch script or right click > Open command window here) are set to unicode (Active code page: 65001), which causes...