Windows 10: Stuck at lock screen

Discus and support Stuck at lock screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a problem. I restarted my computer, and when it finished, I used my pin to log in. It said welcome, and then the dots started spinning in a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EsmeHayden, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Stuck at lock screen

I have a problem. I restarted my computer, and when it finished, I used my pin to log in. It said welcome, and then the dots started spinning in a circle as they normally do. But now the screen is stuck with the dots along with my microsoft name and picture. I have no option in the bottom right to restart. My keyboard and mouse are still connected, but it doesnt seem there is anything i can do. I use windows 10.

:)

EsmeHayden, Dec 20, 2018
  2. goosmurf Win User

Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

The first suggestion is not helpful since the problem is that we have many open programs stuck behind the lock screen.

I have run into this problem and tried the On-screen keyboard but it does not help.

An additional data point is that it does not matter what password is entered.

Enter correct password -> spinner shows up, after about 30 seconds the spinner goes away and the screen remains locked.

Enter blank password (simply hit Enter) -> same behaviour as above.

The behaviour is the same whether using physical or On-screen keyboards.

goosmurf, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Stuck at lock screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Stuck at lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Stuck at lock screen

1. Stuck at lock screen - Similar Threads - Stuck lock screen

2. Stuck on the lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on the lock screen: My pc was running fine the I took a break after 3 days but when I came back I was stuck on the lock screen with my keyboard and mouse not responding but is working I tested it out on Bios. And no it didnt crash because i can still see the clock moving. I have tried everything...
  3. Stuck on the lock screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on the lock screen: My pc was running fine the I took a break after 3 days but when I came back I was stuck on the lock screen with my keyboard and mouse not responding but is working I tested it out on Bios. And no it didnt crash because i can still see the clock moving. I have tried everything...
  4. Stuck on the lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Stuck at lock screen!!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck at lock screen!!!: Usually, i open my pc and enter the pin and i am soon taken to the desktop screen and start doing my work. But now i am stuck at my lock screen and facing problem because its demanding a password... I have forgotten my password and also there is no 'sign in option' also.. On...
  6. Stuck on lock screen.

Stuck on lock screen.: It all started when Windows started acting weird and I decided to reboot it. Rebooting it lead to "Fixing C: Stage 2" which completed without any problems however as soon as my laptop booted up I could not access my login screen instead being stuck on the background screen....
  7. Lock screen photo is stuck

Lock screen photo is stuck: The photo on my Windows 10 lock screen is stuck. I was changing as I responded whether I liked it or not, then one day it stopped. I tried this solution but it didn't work for me. Is there another solution? Thanks!...
  8. Stuck on the lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on the lock screen: Windows boots as normal, but when I get to the lock screen and I press a key it does the animation of the time and date sliding up and then resets. It doesn't ever give me the chance to go to the log in screen. I've tried doing startup repair but it just says it couldn't...
  9. Lock screen stucks

Lock screen stucks: In the login screen whenever I enter my pin or password the windows say just a moment and then again it shows the login screen again and again and I enter the right password but still it stucks in that login screen....
  10. Stuck at "Lock screen"

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at "Lock screen": I tried to look into this issue myself but most threads are related to a windows update that prevented login, or various other Windows startup issues, non explained the problem I'm having, so here it is: Windows automatically goes into the lock screen with screen savers...