Windows 10: Stuck at 'Making sure you’re ready to install' Windows 10

Discus and support Stuck at 'Making sure you’re ready to install' Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have purchased Windows 10 to upgrade my Windows 7 Lenovo Z580. When I run the Media Creation Tool it gets stuck at 'Making sure you're ready to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnUttley, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Stuck at 'Making sure you’re ready to install' Windows 10

I have purchased Windows 10 to upgrade my Windows 7 Lenovo Z580. When I run the Media Creation Tool it gets stuck at 'Making sure you're ready to install'. I've updated Windows 7 and uninstalled my own security software. What else can I do?

:)

JohnUttley, Aug 25, 2019
  2. SP_622 Win User

Stuck on "Making sure you're ready to install"

Having the same issue upgrading Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

System DELL XPS 8700 meets requirements of Windows 10 (speed, ram, free storage) etc. Also tried disconnecting from internet (and wifi) and turning off Norton anti virus + firewall.

Still stuck at screen "Making sure you're ready to install. Please wait"

Any suggestions or help from Microsoft Support would be appreciated.

SP

SP_622, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Upgrading to windows 10: Stuck at making sure you're ready to install

Hi Brinaa,

In some instances, anti-virus software and Unplug extra hardware may hinder the Windows 10 upgrade. As an initial troubleshooting, you may try to disable the virus protection that was installed on your PC and check if it makes any difference.

If the issue still persists, you may check the suggestions of Andre Da Costa from the thread below and apply the recommended procedures.

Stuck on making sure you're ready to install while installing windows 10

Update us with the result.

Jenicel Dri, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Erikvdr Win User

Stuck at 'Making sure you’re ready to install' Windows 10

stuck at "making sure you're ready to install"

Hey guys,

Sorry to post in this thread, but I am experiencing the same problem.
    Followed all the steps and added all screenshot below.
    chkdsk c: /F and SFC /SCANNOW came out clean.
    log collector V2 link does not work, therefor no screenshot.
    For all other applications I have added a screenshot below.

Please help me, I have no idea how to fix the problem. It just keeps getting stuck at the same screen.

Hard disk sentinel

Stuck at 'Making sure you’re ready to install' Windows 10 [​IMG]

Minitool

Troubleshooter

Erikvdr, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Stuck at 'Making sure you’re ready to install' Windows 10

1. Stuck at 'Making sure you’re ready to install' Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Stuck 'Making sure

2. Stuck on "Making sure you're ready to install" while trying to "inplace upgrade"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "Making sure you're ready to install" while trying to "inplace upgrade": Today my Windows store just stopped working and multiple things just started breaking.I made a post already about this and the person helping told me to do an "inplace upgrade" with the Windows 11 ISO file.I activated it and it's taking forever to work, I've tried it about 6...
  3. Stuck on "Making sure you're ready to install" while trying to "inplace upgrade"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on "Making sure you're ready to install" while trying to "inplace upgrade": Today my Windows store just stopped working and multiple things just started breaking.I made a post already about this and the person helping told me to do an "inplace upgrade" with the Windows 11 ISO file.I activated it and it's taking forever to work, I've tried it about 6...
  4. Windows 11 setup stuck at "Making sure you're ready to install"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 setup stuck at "Making sure you're ready to install": Hello. I have Windows 10 Education 22H2 installed and I downloaded the Windows 11 Installation assistant to install Windows 11. My PC is compatible with Windows 11.The setup has been stuck at the "Making sure you're ready to install" part for over 30 minutes. I cannot go back...
  5. Windows 11 setup stuck at "Making sure you're ready to install"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 setup stuck at "Making sure you're ready to install": Hello. I have Windows 10 Education 22H2 installed and I downloaded the Windows 11 Installation assistant to install Windows 11. My PC is compatible with Windows 11.The setup has been stuck at the "Making sure you're ready to install" part for over 30 minutes. I cannot go back...
  6. Stuck on "Making sure you're ready to install"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on "Making sure you're ready to install": After I could not install update KB 4535680-it gave error 0x800f0922 Windows 1909 x64 an adviser sent the Media Creation Tool 21H1.exe which I downloaded and installed, by which time the adviser had ended the chat. Anyhow I ran it but now got stuck on "Making sure you are...
  7. "Making Sure You're ready to Install"

"Making Sure You're ready to Install": Hi All, I have been trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 Pro for days. It has been stuck at "Making Sure You're ready to Install" for hours (Let it run overnight). I want to upgrade rather than clean install. I have tried this latest time with no internet connection...
  8. Upgrade from 7 to 10 sticking on “Making sure you’re ready to install"

Upgrade from 7 to 10 sticking on “Making sure you’re ready to install": After many search’s concerning this problem, things I’ve tried with no help. 1. Disabled anti-virus and firewall. (MSE) 2. Disk cleanup including System Restore and Shadow Copies. 3. System scan (sfc /scannow) and check disk (chkdsk c: /f), no problems found with either. 4....
  9. stuck at "making sure you're ready to install"

stuck at "making sure you're ready to install": Hi guys, im attempting to upgrade my zbook 15u g2 from windows 7 pro to windows 10 using the media creation tool, and ive disabled antivirus and security essential's real time protection... but after leaving it stuck at "making sure you're ready to install" for more than 12...
  10. Making sure you are ready to Install

Making sure you are ready to Install: In the ISO setup, this is taking a LONG time. I would say over 10 minutes. [img] So, does anyone know what does this step actually do that's taking very long? Would be nice to know why it is just taking forever. 81184

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update making sure ready install blank

2. windows 10 check that you are ready to install

3. win 10 upgrade stuck on making sure youre ready to install

4. getting stuck on making sure your ready to install in windows 10,
  5. stuck on making sure you are ready to install,
  6. windows 10 stuck on making sure youre ready,
  7. making sure ready windows 10 stuck,
  8. making sure you are ready to install,
  9. windows 10 setup stuck making sure you are ready,
  10. stuck at making sure that youre ready to install,
  11. stuck on making sure youre ready to install