Windows 10: Stuck at "Other User" login page after reset.

Discus and support Stuck at "Other User" login page after reset. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Today I reset my PC due to various reasons, mainly for constantly failures during when it updates, I probably could have found another way to fix this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Daxanater, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Stuck at "Other User" login page after reset.

Today I reset my PC due to various reasons, mainly for constantly failures during when it updates, I probably could have found another way to fix this but I reset it out of stubbornness.

Thinking I'd be able to login with a brand new account and all since I have done this twice in the past with no issues, I'm now hit with an unbreakable wall, "Other User" page.

I have tried numerous of solutions.

1. Safe Mode, using net user to create an admin account then disabling the option to use a password at the start, which led me into an endless loop of restarts since I was stuck on safemode (I even went on msconfig and saw the safemode box unchecked)
    2. Resetting the PC multiple times
    3. Any other solution suggested would probably require administrator privileges, where here's the catch, you have none and you can't even use the built in account to help yourself to them since you'd need such privileges to get them in the first place!

This is by far the worst thing to happen to anyone owning a pc. I ask of you windows 10 reddit, does anyone of you have a solution

submitted by /u/Daxanater
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Daxanater, Nov 14, 2019

2. Stuck at the login page!!!!!

I'm not sure how this happened but I am stuck on the login page and the last account I was logged in with(local user acc) there is no option on the page to change to windows account!

Please help

T y R o N eC, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Cannot login after Factory reset stuck on Other Users page

Hi Adam,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

Which OS is currently installed or returned to after Factory Settings?

As per the information that you have provided, I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below:

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• If on Windows 7 press F8
      upon restart after the manufacturers logo appears. If on Windows 8,8.1 press
      Shift key and then Restart to access Safe Mode.
    • Then access command prompt (admin) and type:
      net user administrator /active:yes
      (To enable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).
    • Then press ENTER.

Step 2: Administrator Account.

Log in through the in built admin account, create a new administrator account and check if you can log in. If you are able to log into the new account, deactivate the inbuilt admin account.

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 14, 2019
  4. marknyy Win User

Stuck at "Other User" login page after reset.

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Stuck at "Other User" login page after reset.

1. Stuck at "Other User" login page after reset. - Similar Threads - Stuck User login

2. Second or other user accounts not showing at login page.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second or other user accounts not showing at login page.: I had two user accounts on my windows 11 home, and both were working well but after I upgrade my windows to pro, at startup I see both users but after a restart I don't see the second one but I've access to second user data via explore.In addition to that, I create a new user...
  3. Second or other user accounts not showing at login page.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second or other user accounts not showing at login page.: I had two user accounts on my windows 11 home, and both were working well but after I upgrade my windows to pro, at startup I see both users but after a restart I don't see the second one but I've access to second user data via explore.In addition to that, I create a new user...
  4. Other User after reset...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Other User after reset...: So i had to do a windows 10 reset. I didnt need anything on the pc so i wiped it all. The whole reset took about 6 hours. But now when it goes to the log in screen it says other user and is asking for a username and password. It says there is no admin. I was reading about...
  5. Stuck in login page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in login page: hi all! I recently upgraded from Win7 pro to Win10 with the automatic procedure, what happened is that: - while following procedure all updates have been applied and when I reached the 1909 version window started to give me problems. - when I started the pc self assembled...
  6. Windows 10 not able to login after reset. It is displaying Other User

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not able to login after reset. It is displaying Other User: Hi I recently reset my Windows 10 in Asus Vivobook S406U. After reset it is giving me a login screen as "Other user". In that, if I type my previous user id it is not working. I ran it in safe mode (pressing Shift and restart). It opened in Administrator I pressed...
  7. Other user after reset

Other user after reset: Hello So i have fully reset my pc because there were some malwares.After i reset , i was greated to the log in screem with other user Im not so sure what to do. And yes i have tried to enter safe mode but they didden allow me to do that because i was an administrator. It...
  8. After windows reset im stuck on the other user login

in Windows 10 Customization
    After windows reset im stuck on the other user login: Ok, so ive resetted windows 10 .everything went perfectly till it asked me to login to "OTHER USER" account. I did my research a little bit and went into safe mode added an admin acc and activated it on command prmpt. But after restarting my pc and tring to login to the admin...
  9. Stuck at other user login after reset

Stuck at other user login after reset: So yeah I have this problem now after I did the factory reset now im stucksat the other user login in the welcome screen and the worst of all is that do not have access to the troubleshooting and I do not have access to the admin either and I cant see it too, please help...
  10. hide "other user" text from login page

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    hide "other user" text from login page: Hi All, I enabled the security policy to not display last logged on user, but now it says OTHER USER, and I don't like how it looks. I would like to just hide that text completely, while keeping that policy enabled. Has anyone found a way to do this? Thank you! 52190