Windows 10: Stuck at "Passphrase for disk"

Discus and support Stuck at "Passphrase for disk" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HelloI found a HP laptop is perfect physical condition, needing only a new battery, which I bought and put in. Here is the information for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JEA IV, Dec 5, 2021.

1. JEA IV Win User

Stuck at "Passphrase for disk"

HelloI found a HP laptop is perfect physical condition, needing only a new battery, which I bought and put in. Here is the information for the computer:Serial Number: CNF94264R3Product Number: VW882UA#ABAModel Number: DV6-2088DXWhen I power it on, it brings me to a screen saying in full:[0.001893] do_IRQ: 1.55 no irq handler for vectorSystem time before build time, advancing clockPlease enter passphrase for disk WDC_MD5000BEVT-60ZAT1 luks-ca519475-9193-402c-8e61-96f3c917e787!When I press ESC upon powering on to perform a full factory reset, I am brought to that same screen.When I attempt to

:)

JEA IV, Dec 5, 2021

2. Microsoft phone is locked and asking for passphrase

Hello,

I have a colleague with an issue that states - "Microsoft phone is locked and asking for passphrase. I didn't set up a passphrase only a passcode so cannot unlock the phone".

What would the possible suggestions to fix this issue be? I thought I could advise him to reboot, soft reset or hard reset, but would like to advise with you as well before proceeding.

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Ivan

IvanTurlakov, Dec 5, 2021
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Stuck at "Passphrase for disk" :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Dec 5, 2021
  4. ze ultimo Win User

diskpart doesn't show disk

Hey,

I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air.

However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion.

read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see that partition it was just able to reformat.

Regards

ze ultimo, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Stuck at "Passphrase for disk" - Similar Threads - Stuck Passphrase disk

2. Using a passphrase to sign a CSR in a CA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a passphrase to sign a CSR in a CA: Hello, I want to install a root CA on a Windows Server 2019 into a domain, but that to use the CA's private key it is not enough to be logged in to the machine but to ask for a passphrase. How can I achieve this?Thanks in advance...
  3. Using a passphrase to sign a CSR in a CA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using a passphrase to sign a CSR in a CA: Hello, I want to install a root CA on a Windows Server 2019 into a domain, but that to use the CA's private key it is not enough to be logged in to the machine but to ask for a passphrase. How can I achieve this?Thanks in advance...
  4. What is the passphrase for Bitlocker Encryption Drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the passphrase for Bitlocker Encryption Drives?: I have a Windows 11 Home install with Device Encryption turned on. I am trying to access my locked partition outside of Windows. What is the passphrase to unlocking it? Is it my Microsoft account password? My Bitlocker recovery key? Windows hello pin? There are a few more...
  5. What is the passphrase for Bitlocker Encryption Drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the passphrase for Bitlocker Encryption Drives?: I have a Windows 11 Home install with Device Encryption turned on. I am trying to access my locked partition outside of Windows. What is the passphrase to unlocking it? Is it my Microsoft account password? My Bitlocker recovery key? Windows hello pin? There are a few more...
  6. Stuck at "Passphrase for disk"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at "Passphrase for disk": HelloI found a HP laptop is perfect physical condition, needing only a new battery, which I bought and put in. Here is the information for the computer:Serial Number: CNF94264R3Product Number: VW882UA#ABAModel Number: DV6-2088DXWhen I power it on, it brings me to a screen...
  7. Stuck on disk repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on disk repair: 10 days ago, my computer crashed and I wasn't able to log in in any way, I had to have it serviced, and they found that Microsoft had sent a corrupt file in their update while I slept, rendering my user corrupt. They had to set it back to factory settings, and gave me a clean...
  8. Disk stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk stuck at 100%: I tried checking C: for errors last night which worked, but now after updating and restarting it that doesn't work. I've tried about 7-8 other methods that don't work and I can't run anything due to the 100% disk space. submitted by /u/Conklin03 [link] [comments]...
  9. Disk defragmenter stuck

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk defragmenter stuck: My disk defragmenter stuck on pass 1:55 relocated After a few minute,it reoptimize again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-defragmenter-stuck/3c86ae80-939d-4aa9-89ed-1ba8f96e7550"
  10. Reset Chrome Sync Passphrase?

in Browsers and Email
    Reset Chrome Sync Passphrase?: I've got a laptop that I can't remember the Sync passphrase. Chrome has been reinstalled and I want to restore my Chrome data, extensions etc that are sync'd. dwd Google say's I will need to reset Sync. Under Chrome's Sync settings page it say's: "Reset sync to clear your...