Windows 10: Stuck at restart

Discus and support Stuck at restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I tried to cleanup my laptop using disk cleanup utility. But disk cleanup stuck at "system update cleanup" so I just cancelled it in middle an then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AnaySharma_87, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Stuck at restart

I tried to cleanup my laptop using disk cleanup utility. But disk cleanup stuck at "system update cleanup" so I just cancelled it in middle an then restart my laptop. But it stuck at "getting windows ready Don't turn off your computer" for 1 hour when I Am writing this question. What should I do ?

Please help!

:)

AnaySharma_87, Apr 25, 2020

2. windows 10 stuck in restart

Hi,

We still can't identify the possible cause of this Windows 10 stuck during restart issue. For us to assist and isolate it better, kindly answer the following questions:

• What was the last activity you've done on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages or error code?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Pc stucks at restarting.

Hi Ram,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to perform the Startup Repair and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button and click on the Settings option.
    • Select Update & security > Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select Restart now.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I would recommend suggest you to enable the fast startup.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start icon and select Power Options.
    • Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted).
    • Check the Turn on Fast startup (Recommended) box.
    • Click on Save changes.
    • Restart the computer.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Stuck at restart

little cat, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Stuck at restart

1. Stuck at restart - Similar Threads - Stuck restart

2. Win 11 version 23H2 updates stuck on updates underway. How to end updates and restart PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 version 23H2 updates stuck on updates underway. How to end updates and restart PC?: Win 11 version 23H2 updates stuck on updates underway. How to get out of this and log back into my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-version-23h2-updates-stuck-on-updates/e668ed2c-29a2-49fb-9a0b-7f95c0dcc751
  3. Win 11 version 23H2 updates stuck on updates underway. How to end updates and restart PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 version 23H2 updates stuck on updates underway. How to end updates and restart PC?: Win 11 version 23H2 updates stuck on updates underway. How to get out of this and log back into my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-version-23h2-updates-stuck-on-updates/e668ed2c-29a2-49fb-9a0b-7f95c0dcc751
  4. windows update stuck in "pending restart"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update stuck in "pending restart": windows update stuck in "pending restart" -tried restart but still stuck after-tried uninstall the update and install manually https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-in-pending-restart/8f113176-8594-4c64-9fe9-40a9301c45c4
  5. windows update stuck in "pending restart"

windows update stuck in "pending restart": windows update stuck in "pending restart" -tried restart but still stuck after-tried uninstall the update and install manually https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-in-pending-restart/8f113176-8594-4c64-9fe9-40a9301c45c4
  6. windows update stuck in "pending restart"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Computer Stuck Restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Stuck Restarting: A program on my Laptop crashed and I needed to restart, but it's been on the restart wheel for 2 days. I have tried the pinhole thing on the bottom, but it didn't work....
  8. Computer Stuck Restarting

Computer Stuck Restarting: A program on my Laptop crashed and I needed to restart, but it's been on the restart wheel for 2 days. I have tried the pinhole thing on the bottom, but it didn't work....
  9. Computer Stuck Restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Computer is stuck on restarting screen after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is stuck on restarting screen after update: Yesterday My computer got updated after I plugged it in and now it’s on a loop with the restarting screenIt always shows the restarting screen, turns off, loads again and it shows the restarting screen, I tried booting safe mode by pressing f8 but it wont workPlease help...