Windows 10: Stuck at restoring

Discus and support Stuck at restoring in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello sir I have done system restore and now it is stuck at restoring registry files for an hour please tell me what can i do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NahejMaieze, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Stuck at restoring

Hello sir

I have done system restore and now it is stuck at restoring registry files for an hour

please tell me what can i do

:)

NahejMaieze, Sep 18, 2020

2. System restore got stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What was the exact issue that you were facing that lead to perform restore?
    • Did you receive any error message, when the system restore got stuck?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

Since the computer is being stuck, I suggest you to restart the computer and try to perform the restore again and check if it helps.

I also suggest you to provide more information regarding the issue which led to perform system restore along with the make and model of the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 18, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Stuck at restoring [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Stuck at restoring

Windows stuck on previous restoring loop

Hi Mandy,

When an update to a newer version of Windows 10 is not successfully installed the device will automatically rollback to the previous version. If the device is stuck in a loop of restoring the previous version of Windows, this could be caused by system files
    that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any other changes made prior to the issue occurring?
    • Were there any error messages that showed up when you saw the restore loop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you completed?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Stuck at restoring

1. Stuck at restoring - Similar Threads - Stuck restoring

2. System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  3. System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  4. System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  5. System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck

System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  6. My Windows 11 PC stuck on this restore point screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 PC stuck on this restore point screen: Does anyone know how to fix this because I did restore point in windows 11,the restore point shouldn't be taking so long.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-11-pc-stuck-on-this-restore-point/5aeff2d4-0430-45f3-97dd-377afbff3173
  7. My Windows 11 PC stuck on this restore point screen

My Windows 11 PC stuck on this restore point screen: Does anyone know how to fix this because I did restore point in windows 11,the restore point shouldn't be taking so long.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-11-pc-stuck-on-this-restore-point/5aeff2d4-0430-45f3-97dd-377afbff3173
  8. My computer is stuck booting up in bios ive tried restoring default setting but still doent...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is stuck booting up in bios ive tried restoring default setting but still doent...: My computer is stuck booting up in bios ive tried restoring default setting but still doesnt boot up and only loads up bios. It does detect my hard drive and ssd....
  9. My computer is stuck booting up in bios ive tried restoring default setting but still doent...

My computer is stuck booting up in bios ive tried restoring default setting but still doent...: My computer is stuck booting up in bios ive tried restoring default setting but still doesnt boot up and only loads up bios. It does detect my hard drive and ssd....
  10. My computer is stuck booting up in bios ive tried restoring default setting but still doent...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging