Windows 10: Stuck at Safemode boot screen with password not working in Win10. Please help....

Discus and support Stuck at Safemode boot screen with password not working in Win10. Please help.... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am locked out of my Win 10 notebook due to not knowing safemode password. I know it's not my pin, but my working Microsoft password doesn't work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dunemessiah, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Stuck at Safemode boot screen with password not working in Win10. Please help....

I am locked out of my Win 10 notebook due to not knowing safemode password. I know it's not my pin, but my working Microsoft password doesn't work either. Networking is not enabled even though I thought I chose that when choosing to go into safemode. Have tried connecting via ethernet, but still not happening. System is forcing password to get into all areas including command-prompt. Have tried booting from recovery jump drive.... Begins loading files and then freezes on Origin logo art. Also connected dvd drive and tried booting from recovery dvd. Also seemed to try and load files and then went to blue screen.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

:)

dunemessiah, Jan 30, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Windows 10 Password problem in safemode

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages aside from password incorrect?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far, after being stuck in safemode sign in screen?
    • What are you trying to do when you enter safemode with networking through msconfig?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Windows not booting normally, only safemode and password not accepting to work in safemode

First of, I will provide complete information here so please read fully before providing suggestions so that no ones time is wasted by suggesting things that have already been tried.

Okay, as subject states, I am stuck at windows 10 64 bit safemode login ( with no password accepting so still at login screen) and no matter what I try, I cant get to normal login. (Hp envy 15 laptop with no networking port).

How did I get here?

I was trying to install a program or something when it asked me to boot to safemode and I accepted and now I am just stuck here.

What have been tried so far:

f8 key for boot option doesnt work.

Tried advanced startup to start in safemode with network by holding shifting and restart click but since laptop doesnt have network port so cant have internet connection with networking cable and wifi is not working so still safe mode is not accepting password.

Tried using cellphone with usb tethering mode to provide internet so that my microsoft password may be accepted but tethering connection doesnt work either.

Tried booting into command prompt or system recovery but that too asks for password and not accepting it.

I didnt have a local account ever since using laptop. So no local password exists and I have tried all the passwords that I could have used if there existed any local account but nothing was accepted.

Please help me without letting me reinstall my OS as it was preinstalled and I dont have seperate product key plus I cant start from the scratch.

Thanks

ShujjaHaider, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Stuck at Safemode boot screen with password not working in Win10. Please help....

Stuck in safemode!

Guys i log to safemode on win10 and iforgot my password so can,t log to my pc i try to get out from safemode by restar ,shutdown,opensafemodewith network nothing happen itry boot with safemode with comand but nothing happen and log me again to safe mode
    can any one help? Iwant to bootwin 10 norman but alwayes my pc boot with safemode

lAhmedSamirl, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Stuck at Safemode boot screen with password not working in Win10. Please help....

1. Stuck at Safemode boot screen with password not working in Win10. Please help.... - Similar Threads - Stuck Safemode boot

2. I'm stuck in safemode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm stuck in safemode: I'm not sure how this happened by this had occured before in the past when I accidentally enabled it on system configuration > boot. This popped up again much later when I shutdown my laptop and in the morning it reappeared again. I had tried creating a temp account through...
  3. Laptop Safemode and broken screen. Please help me get off safemode..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Safemode and broken screen. Please help me get off safemode..: Hi I have a lenovo ideapad 330. I was trying to fix an issue with my windows update stuck on 0% installation and followed a guide online. It brought me to safe mode. I forgot that I have a broken display for my laptop and now I am stuck in safe mode.I tried doing windows+r...
  4. Laptop Safemode and broken screen. Please help me get off safemode..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Safemode and broken screen. Please help me get off safemode..: Hi I have a lenovo ideapad 330. I was trying to fix an issue with my windows update stuck on 0% installation and followed a guide online. It brought me to safe mode. I forgot that I have a broken display for my laptop and now I am stuck in safe mode.I tried doing windows+r...
  5. Laptop Safemode and broken screen. Please help me get off safemode..

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Win10 pc wont boot, stuck on "please wait"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 pc wont boot, stuck on "please wait": I've had this good windows 10 pc since 2020. It geneally runs well, somewhat high end gaming pc, good stuff, bought it on amazon.This would be maybe the second or third time that this has happened. My pc will occasionally get stuck on the update screen. I'll force it to shut...
  7. Safemode and password not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safemode and password not working: I put my laptop into safe mode while trying to run some checks it asks for my password which is incorrect apparently tried everything from ctrl and restart but keeps asking for my password before it takes another action, I have alot of music and photos which I'm not willing...
  8. Stuck in Safemode when I boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in Safemode when I boot: [ATTACH]I closed out an application and a black screen showed up. I couldnt do anything so i forced shutdown, which usually fixes it, but it sends me to a keyboard layout and when i pick a language it brings me to safemode but with two options, troubleshooting and turn off...
  9. Booting into SafeMode with networking - No connection, Password Incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Booting into SafeMode with networking - No connection, Password Incorrect: I'm trying to boot into SafeMode to run DDU and fresh install my graphics drivers. However, when booting into safemode with networking and at the login/password sign on, I'm blocked out on logging into windows. Windows tells me my password is incorrect. Trying my pin and also...
  10. Windows not booting normally, only safemode and password not accepting to work in safemode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows not booting normally, only safemode and password not accepting to work in safemode: First of, I will provide complete information here so please read fully before providing suggestions so that no ones time is wasted by suggesting things that have already been tried. Okay, as subject states, I am stuck at windows 10 64 bit safemode login ( with no password...