Windows 10: Stuck at Setup Settings on Boot Up

Discus and support Stuck at Setup Settings on Boot Up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried to fully wipe my computer. It would get to about 15% then “undo changes”. So after trying a number of methods to fix this I tried to boot the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Elonyssis, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Elonyssis Win User

Stuck at Setup Settings on Boot Up

I tried to fully wipe my computer. It would get to about 15% then “undo changes”. So after trying a number of methods to fix this I tried to boot the computer in safe mode. Now when I turn on my computer it’s goes to the setup settings list but my mouse and keyboard don’t work. Also after sitting at this screen for about a minute the computer shuts off.

:)

Elonyssis, Apr 18, 2022

2. Stuck on Aptio setup and launch CSM is disabled

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• When you say, “I am stuck on Aptio setup utility” are you able to boot the computer to Desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the laptop?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps in resolving the issue:

1. Boot your computer up and wait for it to boot into the Aptio Setup Utility.
    2. Once in the Aptio Setup Utility, navigate to the
      Security
    3. Expand the Secure Boot menu
      section and disable Secure Boot.
    4. Navigate to the Save & Exit
      tab, save your changes, exit the Aptio Setup Utility,
      restart your computer and wait for it to boot into the utility once again.
    5. Navigate to the Boot

6. Disable Secure Boot and Fast Boot
    7. Enable CSM (Compatibility Support Module).
    8. Navigate to the Save & Exit
      tab, save your changes, exit
    BIOS Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems
    that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 18, 2022
  3. Windows 10 upgrade stuck at green screen.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Are you able to boot into the desktop?
    • Is the issue particular to Microsoft account or local account?
    • Are you referring that you are stuck in the upgrade process to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by Andre Da Costa about how to troubleshoot the Windows Setup in continuous reboot loop in the below article and check if it helps.

How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...p-errors/324d5a5f-d658-456c-bb82-b1201f735683

you are able to boot into safe mode, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

How to boot into safe mode:

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies well to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps, if the issue is unresolved get back to us. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 18, 2022
  4. Stuck at Setup Settings on Boot Up

Windows 10 setup boot loader is stucking

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience that you are currently facing with regards to your update. Listed below are links which you can refer to resolve the issue you are facing. You can follow the suggestions by and check if it helps.

Steps to follow when Windows 10 setup fails:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...10-setup/eba3c864-d9fe-4f8e-9468-81b1f89473ed

How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...p-errors/324d5a5f-d658-456c-bb82-b1201f735683

How to: A list of things to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...10-setup/eba3c864-d9fe-4f8e-9468-81b1f89473ed

Troubleshooting for windows 10:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-troubleshoot-common-setup-and-stop-errors/324d5a5f-d658-456c-bb82-b1201f735683

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 18, 2022
Thema:

Stuck at Setup Settings on Boot Up

1. Stuck at Setup Settings on Boot Up - Similar Threads - Stuck Setup Settings

2. Stuck on boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on boot up: I downloaded a custom os its called a windows x lite and i got stuck on the boot up. Its not showing any set up or get started on it and its taking a while to boot up and i cant get tk the bios. Any way to fix it?...
  3. Stuck on boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on boot up: I downloaded a custom os its called a windows x lite and i got stuck on the boot up. Its not showing any set up or get started on it and its taking a while to boot up and i cant get tk the bios. Any way to fix it?...
  4. Stuck on boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck up on settings at boot up

Stuck up on settings at boot up: I tried to wipe up clean my computer but it won't let me pass 15% so I indo changes . I tried a lot of method to do this and ended up running it in safe mode. Now when I open the computer it will show setup settings list but mouse and keyboard wont work. I can't do anything...
  6. Stuck up on settings at boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck up on settings at boot up: I tried to wipe up clean my computer but it won't let me pass 15% so I indo changes . I tried a lot of method to do this and ended up running it in safe mode. Now when I open the computer it will show setup settings list but mouse and keyboard wont work. I can't do anything...
  7. Stuck up on settings at boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Stuck at Setup Settings on Boot Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at Setup Settings on Boot Up: I tried to fully wipe my computer. It would get to about 15% then “undo changes”. So after trying a number of methods to fix this I tried to boot the computer in safe mode. Now when I turn on my computer it’s goes to the setup settings list but my mouse and keyboard don’t...
  9. Stuck at Setup Settings on Boot Up

Stuck at Setup Settings on Boot Up: I tried to fully wipe my computer. It would get to about 15% then “undo changes”. So after trying a number of methods to fix this I tried to boot the computer in safe mode. Now when I turn on my computer it’s goes to the setup settings list but my mouse and keyboard don’t...
  10. VM booting up to setup mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VM booting up to setup mode: I recently made a vm using virtualbox running windows 10. however, when I start the vm it boots into setup mode and i have to reinstall windows every time i want to use it. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/kevlu8 [link] [comments]...