Windows 10: Stuck at Sign In Screen with "Something Happened and Your PIN Isn't Available"

Discus and support Stuck at Sign In Screen with "Something Happened and Your PIN Isn't Available" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't get past the sign in screen with the message "something happened and your pin isn't available", then I try to click "set up my PIN", but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Abil., Nov 20, 2021.

1. Abil. Win User

Stuck at Sign In Screen with "Something Happened and Your PIN Isn't Available"

I can't get past the sign in screen with the message "something happened and your pin isn't available", then I try to click "set up my PIN", but nothing happens on the first try. when the third try, a message appears "you need to install an app for this task"I've tried to turn on safe mode, but I'm blocked by "disk checking". I can't enter recovery mode, I've looked for a safe mode option in the BIOS but it's not available, I've tried to check the hard drive again but the error still occurssomeone please help. This error occurred after my house experienced a power outageLaptop : Dell Inspiron

:)

Abil., Nov 20, 2021

2. Pin problem

Visit Fix “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available” in Windows 10
    Fix “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available” in Windows 10 | Password Recovery
    See if it’s helpful.

Included is this screen shot

Stuck at Sign In Screen with "Something Happened and Your PIN Isn't Available" [​IMG]

Since you have a Microsoft account, you should see this instead
    Microsoft account sign-in options

Stuck at Sign In Screen with "Something Happened and Your PIN Isn't Available" [​IMG]

If this doesn't work, there are other procedures available to consider.
    --- Some of them include registry changes.
    --- Are you familiar with working in the registry?

BTW, have you saved your data along with a system image backup ready?

MeAndMyComputer, Nov 20, 2021
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 20, 2021
  4. Stuck at Sign In Screen with "Something Happened and Your PIN Isn't Available"

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Nov 20, 2021
Thema:

Stuck at Sign In Screen with "Something Happened and Your PIN Isn't Available"

1. Stuck at Sign In Screen with "Something Happened and Your PIN Isn't Available" - Similar Threads - Stuck Sign Screen

2. Can't sign in - "something happened and your pin isn't available"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in - "something happened and your pin isn't available": Hello,I've seen similar, but not quite the same question being asked. I have a laptop which has windows 10, and I'm the sole user on a single account. After an update I can't sign in to the laptop as I get the above message. The "set up my pin" option doesn't do anything at...
  3. Can't sign in - "something happened and your pin isn't available"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in - "something happened and your pin isn't available": Hello,I've seen similar, but not quite the same question being asked. I have a laptop which has windows 10, and I'm the sole user on a single account. After an update I can't sign in to the laptop as I get the above message. The "set up my pin" option doesn't do anything at...
  4. Can't sign in - "something happened and your pin isn't available"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stuck on log in screen. 'Something happened and your pin isn't available'

Stuck on log in screen. 'Something happened and your pin isn't available': Okay, so:I got 4 new ram sticks today, I installed all new ones as per usual. No problems occurred until I turned on my PC.'Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your pin again.'So, I clicked the 'Set up my PIN'... Nothing. It took me back to the...
  6. Stuck on log in screen. 'Something happened and your pin isn't available'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on log in screen. 'Something happened and your pin isn't available': Okay, so:I got 4 new ram sticks today, I installed all new ones as per usual. No problems occurred until I turned on my PC.'Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your pin again.'So, I clicked the 'Set up my PIN'... Nothing. It took me back to the...
  7. Stuck on log in screen. 'Something happened and your pin isn't available'

8. Stuck at Sign In Screen with "Something Happened and Your PIN Isn't Available"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at Sign In Screen with "Something Happened and Your PIN Isn't Available": I can't get past the sign in screen with the message "something happened and your pin isn't available", then I try to click "set up my PIN", but nothing happens on the first try. when the third try, a message appears "you need to install an app for this task"I've tried to...
  9. Stuck at Sign In Screen with "Something Happened and Your PIN Isn't Available"

Stuck at Sign In Screen with "Something Happened and Your PIN Isn't Available": I can't get past the sign in screen with the message "something happened and your pin isn't available", then I try to click "set up my PIN", but nothing happens on the first try. when the third try, a message appears "you need to install an app for this task"I've tried to...
  10. "Something Happened and your PIN isn't available" Stuck in a loop

"Something Happened and your PIN isn't available" Stuck in a loop: I have tried all of the solutions found on the interwebnet. Every single option asks for the PIN or password - it's a Catch 22. I can't run command prompt, I can't start in safe mode. I can't get to a restore point, I can't even re-install windows. Please 1. explain why this...