Windows 10: Stuck at sign-in screen

Discus and support Stuck at sign-in screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've had a problem where Windows was booting up fine sometimes, but other times it couldn't find the desktop settings, and I couldn't open any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wildwests, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Wildwests Win User

Stuck at sign-in screen

Hi,

I've had a problem where Windows was booting up fine sometimes, but other times it couldn't find the desktop settings, and I couldn't open any files (even though I could browse the hard drive) and there was no Start menu.

I've been trying various things to fix this, one of which was to set up a new user account. I followed instructions to open Powershell and I typed "net user TestUser password /add". It said it was successful.

Now I cannot even get into Windows. At the sign-in screen there are no users available at all (I just have the nice picture of blue window). I have tried shift-Restart to get to the troubleshooting options, but this doesn't work, it just restarts the PC and I get back to the same sign-in screen.

I don't have a boot disk.

Can anyone advise of any way I can fix this? At least get back into Windows so I can carry on working on my other problems...!

Thanks,
    Andrew

:)

Wildwests, Nov 29, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

My PC is stuck at sign-in screen

Sure, TheKIHA, if you have your product key for Windows 7, you can do that - the product key should be on a sticker on the case of your device

You can download the Windows 7 ISO at the link below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

DaveM121, Nov 29, 2015
  3. TheKIHA Win User
    My PC is stuck at sign-in screen

Actually, it worked, i got into the setup, but how do i change the boot order?

TheKIHA, Nov 29, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Stuck at sign-in screen

It looks like you have tried quite a number of ways to get your PC started. I'm surprised the shift - Restart did not get you to the Advanced Start-up screen and allow you to troubleshoot. That suggests there are several corrupted files.

If you look at the following tutorial check out option 6 and see if a hard reboot 2-3 times gets you to Advanced Repair Options.

philc43, Nov 30, 2015
Thema:

Stuck at sign-in screen

1. Stuck at sign-in screen - Similar Threads - Stuck sign screen

2. I'm stuck on the sign in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm stuck on the sign in screen: So, I wanted to make a local account for my computer because it was hooked to a school email I don't even use. I did the whole setup for a local account and then it said I had to make a PIN. Then it was loading like intended, and the window closed, and my computer went to...
  3. I'm stuck on the sign in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm stuck on the sign in screen: So, I wanted to make a local account for my computer because it was hooked to a school email I don't even use. I did the whole setup for a local account and then it said I had to make a PIN. Then it was loading like intended, and the window closed, and my computer went to...
  4. I can't sign in. It's stuck at sign in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't sign in. It's stuck at sign in screen: I can't log into Windows. When I click "sign in" it stays the same. Even I enter safe mode. It still wants me to sign in. But I can't sign in anyway....
  5. I can't sign in. It's stuck at sign in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign in. It's stuck at sign in screen: I can't log into Windows. When I click "sign in" it stays the same. Even I enter safe mode. It still wants me to sign in. But I can't sign in anyway....
  6. I can't sign in. It's stuck at sign in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I am stuck on the sign in screen

I am stuck on the sign in screen: I am stuck on the login screen you get when you first turn on the computer. When I click ‘sign in’, it brings me right back to the login screen without even asking for login information / my pin or something. I’m stuck in a loop.Things I’ve already tried;Restarting the...
  8. I am stuck on the sign in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am stuck on the sign in screen: I am stuck on the login screen you get when you first turn on the computer. When I click ‘sign in’, it brings me right back to the login screen without even asking for login information / my pin or something. I’m stuck in a loop.Things I’ve already tried;Restarting the...
  9. Laptop stuck at black screen, no sign-in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop stuck at black screen, no sign-in: This happened after downloading the optional updates. During the first reboot, the Flash Tool was updated, and then after the second reboot, laptop is now stuck at black screen. Just recently upgraded to 20H2, please help! submitted by /u/mugboi27 [link] [comments]...
  10. Stuck between Lock Screen and Sign In

Stuck between Lock Screen and Sign In: I purchased, downloaded, and installed Flight Simulator 2020 yesterday. I purchased it from the Microsoft Store, and in order to do that, I had to change my Windows account on the computer from a Local Account to "Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead" because I was...