Windows 10: Stuck at spinning dots when installing Windows fresh.

Discus and support Stuck at spinning dots when installing Windows fresh. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a major problem when i now try to do a clean install on my newly formatted Acer laptop. I had an issue with UEFI blocking the install which was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mannomorth, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Stuck at spinning dots when installing Windows fresh.

I have a major problem when i now try to do a clean install on my newly formatted Acer laptop.
    I had an issue with UEFI blocking the install which was solved but now after the first part of the install is completed, the white dots just spin for eternity.

I use a usb made bootable with Media Creation Tool.

This is the screen im talking about:
    https://fud.community.services.suppo...8-9f18bf55903c

Ive tried to use the boot to do a "startup repair", which just made the computer do the same thing.
    Spinn for eternity.
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/tSS5Zw6Nb_Y/maxresdefault.jpg
    It stated something like "Repairing computer".

Now dear tenforums, I need your help, because im utterly stuck.

:)

Mannomorth, Mar 13, 2017

2. Just spinning dots?

Windows 10 was working fine........restarted and stuck with spinning dots. I tried restarting with shift, F8 and still the same spinning dots.

BarryMeskin, Mar 13, 2017
  3. Windows 10 startup error

When I hit the force reset button on my pc, it didn't start correctly and now it's just stuck on the spinning dots. I fell back to a restore point and when I started up then it just blue screened and now I'm stuck on the spinning dots again. Any tips?

Stitches075, Mar 13, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

Stuck at spinning dots when installing Windows fresh.

Do you have a wireless mouse &/or keyboard especially Logitech ones attached? These have been noted to prevent updates from installing. Some say just unplugging the USB receiver will allow things to continue while others say they've had to turn off their device, remove USB receiver then start pc.

Bastet, Mar 13, 2017
  5. Stuck at spinning dots when installing Windows fresh. [​IMG]

Now im stuck at this screen. I got past the spinning dots of death by removing the usb right after the first part of the install (first reboot).
    But now im stuck at this spinning dots instead (it says "förbereder" which means preparing in swedish)

Mannomorth, Mar 14, 2017
  6. To directly answer your question, yes i removed the usb after the first part of the installation and did all other kinds of solution regarding the first restart.

It seems to me that the boot is broken in some way, I cant repair boot and it gets stuck at install.
    Should i fully format the harddrives? Ive only used "diskpart" to clean them but not full formatted them.

Im just worried that the licens from windows might get removed, dont really know where that has been saved.

Mannomorth, Mar 14, 2017
  7. Bastet Win User
    When I had the same problem I saw no text just the spinning dots, that text to me says it's continuing to install.
    Leave it for a few hours as installing Windows can take that long due to installing updates as well to see if anything happens.
    Did you reconnect the USB receiver at any time or have you left it disconnected?
    You should leave it disconnected until Windows has loaded.
    Was the PC upgraded to Windows 10 or bought with that OS installed? Windows 10 should be registered on your account with a digital entitlement, once you reinstall choose 'I don't have a key' & it should automatically find it once you've logged into your account. You could always use Macrium reflect to image your disc onto an external hard drive before committing to a clean install.

Bastet, Mar 14, 2017
  8. Stuck at spinning dots when installing Windows fresh.

When it first arose i let it go over night to no avail.

Now this is the weird part, before leaving for arrand today, i got thru and was able to get the whole install process finished. But only (this is the wierd part), I let the boot CD be in the computer while booting it up.

I found some evidence saying that it might be due to the fact that i have two harddrives and some of the boot partition is saved on the wrong harddrive.

Weird... Might give up soon and just chuck it out on the street... wtf windows 10

The computer was bought with the windows license already on it.

Mannomorth, Mar 14, 2017
  9. Someway it was solved. I dont now how or why. USB formatted to NTFS and reinstalled.
    After doing the same thing for like 15 000 times it worked.

Thanks for the help Bastet you were helpful *Smile

Mannomorth, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Stuck at spinning dots when installing Windows fresh.

1. Stuck at spinning dots when installing Windows fresh. - Similar Threads - Stuck spinning dots

2. Installer stuck on blue logo no spinning dots.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installer stuck on blue logo no spinning dots.: Literally brand new computer ALL of the opponents are brand new except the gpu but that works and i just dont know whats going on, any tips guys? Btw heres my pc build submitted by /u/naldo29 [link] [comments]...
  3. Installing/updating windows stuck on spinning white dots.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing/updating windows stuck on spinning white dots.: Im trying to reinstall windows and keep my apps, I uses windows media creation to install on my pc extracted the ISO and ran it from there. chose to keep files and apps and does the loading and reboots. but it got stuck on the working on updates at 0% for about 5 hours so I...
  4. Win10 Install Stuck on logo with no spinning dots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Install Stuck on logo with no spinning dots: Hi all, I'm trying to install Windows 10 from a bootable USB onto my new parts, but it just stays at the Windows logo with no spinning dots. I have left it overnight like this but it has remained on the same screen. I have used Media Creation Tool and my USB drive is...
  5. Windows stuck on spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck on spinning dots: Hi, I i have a desktop, which has been running Windows 10, updated from Windows 7. Yesterday when I tried to start it up, it got stuck at the black screen with the Asus logo and black spinning usually, but now frozen dots. In the past it has occasionally been slow at this...
  6. windows 10 install stuck on windows logo/spinning dots

windows 10 install stuck on windows logo/spinning dots: I just bought computer parts and after start to install windows, it stuck on the windows logo after that spinning dots Rotated about two times. I changed my DVD three times and even tried windows 8 and 7 and USB installation. I had four ram and tried them one by one I...
  7. Windows 10 is Stuck in Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is Stuck in Spinning Dots: Hi guys, I need some help. I just encountered this bizarre problem on Windows 10 64-bit (this is the second time that I encountered the problem this year). Here’s how the problem started: 1. I noticed that Windows 10 Pro 64-bit is stuck on spinning dots. I’ve waited for...
  8. Windows 10 installation stuck at windows logo(no spinning dots)

Windows 10 installation stuck at windows logo(no spinning dots): I had an old PC with windows xp in it and i downloaded windows 10 iso through the media creation tool and i made my usb bootable through rufus, when i restarted my PC to install windows 10 i saw that the windows 10 logo is stuck with no spinning dots, as i have installed...
  9. Stuck at Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at Spinning Dots: I have a Dell Precision 7910 on windows 10 1803. I updated a couple weeks ago through windows update. I have booted the machine several times since updating. A few days ago I update the NVIDIA driver. I have dual K620 cards. Booted a couple of times sine that update. Today...
  10. Stuck at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at spinning dots: Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English. My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%. The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen. I restarted my PC and it froze at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clean installing windows stuck at spinning dots

2. clean installing windows stuck on spinning dots

3. new install acer spinning dots

4. after windows usb install only spining dots