Windows 10: Stuck at start up

Discus and support Stuck at start up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded one of my laptops to Windows 10 when it was still a free option. When I turned it on, it stuck at the black screen with the blue windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oldmanprop, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Stuck at start up

I upgraded one of my laptops to Windows 10 when it was still a free option. When I turned it on, it stuck at the black screen with the blue windows logo. Dots circled below and never stopped. I got frustrated and put the machine aside. Now I would like to use it again. I can't get past that screen. I've searched many options but nothing seems to work. So I try to reinstall but now it wants a key. Am I screwed? Is there a way to make this machine work?

Thanks.

:)

oldmanprop, Sep 27, 2016

2. Windows 10 stuck at start up

I used the free upgrade from windows. it kept being offered through a pop up. Not sure what amount of RAM my system has. Ty

KenManG_751, Sep 27, 2016
  3. Start Up stuck at Please Wait

Sorry for the delay. But I ca tell you that everything works absolutely fine. There are no error messages - nothing that could have been a threat.

I would just be interested in how long it takes until the installation of Win10 is completed.

Orbe Arietta, Sep 27, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Stuck at start up

Hi, I suppose it is possible that since it never booted up it was never registered with MS's activation servers.

Probably your best bet is to find the MS regional activation phone number and call them, explaining the situation.
    Check if your laptop is approved by your manufacturer to run Windows 10. Most have a list of tested PCs.

Do you have the license key for your previous Windows?
    This may help:
    Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Sep 27, 2016
Thema:

Stuck at start up

1. Stuck at start up - Similar Threads - Stuck start

2. After resetting my PC, it gets stuck in this infinite cycle of trying to start up then...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After resetting my PC, it gets stuck in this infinite cycle of trying to start up then...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lavuan_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jugfhz/after_resetting_my_pc_it_gets_stuck_in_this/
  3. stuck on windows start up loading screen?

stuck on windows start up loading screen?: I have a Lenovo Legion Y540 with a gtx 1650 and an i7. I restarted my laptop after leaving it on for several days. it stays stuck on the boot up loading screen (the legion logo and spinning dots at the bottom), I tried restarting to no success, after restarting 2 times it...
  4. Microsoft Store won't allow me to install anything Stuck on starting download, or just...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store won't allow me to install anything Stuck on starting download, or just...: I'm setting up an HP Smart Tank 500 up for schoolwork, and the last step is to install the HP Smart software off of the Microsoft Store. But for some reason it won't let me install it at all. It gets stuck on "Starting Download" and never starts, or sometimes it just doesn't...
  5. Windows 10 not starting up stuck at boot menu screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not starting up stuck at boot menu screen: Hi everyone, my Samsung pc is stuck at boot menu screen as shown in the pic. I have come across this problem before, but I was able to use the tab button to select app menu and rectify the problem. However, this time my tab button isn't responding anymore, enter button on any...
  6. Windows 10 not starting up stuck at boot menu screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not starting up stuck at boot menu screen: Hi everyone, my Samsung pc is stuck at boot menu screen as shown in the pic. I have come across this problem before, but I was able to use the tab button to select app menu and rectify the problem. However, this time my tab button isn't responding anymore, enter button on any...
  7. Stuck in boot loop. Critical process died. Can't start. Hardware or software problem?

Stuck in boot loop. Critical process died. Can't start. Hardware or software problem?: So my computer started to not wake back up (black screen) when it was put to sleep, then it would freeze everything randomly for around 30 secs and unfreeze. I thought I fixed it by redoing my audio drivers. Then finally it stopped booting (black screen). So I put a fresh...
  8. App stuck on 'Starting Download'

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App stuck on 'Starting Download': Hello! For the past few days I have attempted to download an app for my schoolwork. However, as I have stated in the title, it doesn't seem to pass 'starting download.' There is no error message whatsoever. I have tried everything recommended to me to my best ability. I have...
  9. Windows stuck on Windows logo but only if I do a "cold start".

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck on Windows logo but only if I do a "cold start".: As the title says. If the computer has been off for any amount of time and was shut off in the normal correct way, when I turn the computer on it stays at the 4 rectangle Windows logo with a black background and never does the spinning dots. It never gets past this even after...
  10. Windows Start Menu stuck.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Menu stuck.: Hello. My name is Adam, and I have a problem with the Start Menu. I updated from the version 1930 to 2004 the newest version but my Start menu is stuck. Could anyone help me?[ATTACH][ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 8796093022208 key word Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.