Windows 10: Stuck at start up

Discus and support Stuck at start up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded one of my laptops to Windows 10 when it was still a free option. When I turned it on, it stuck at the black screen with the blue windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oldmanprop, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Stuck at start up

I upgraded one of my laptops to Windows 10 when it was still a free option. When I turned it on, it stuck at the black screen with the blue windows logo. Dots circled below and never stopped. I got frustrated and put the machine aside. Now I would like to use it again. I can't get past that screen. I've searched many options but nothing seems to work. So I try to reinstall but now it wants a key. Am I screwed? Is there a way to make this machine work?

Thanks.

:)

oldmanprop, Sep 27, 2016

2. Windows 10 stuck at start up

I used the free upgrade from windows. it kept being offered through a pop up. Not sure what amount of RAM my system has. Ty

KenManG_751, Sep 27, 2016
  3. Start Up stuck at Please Wait

Sorry for the delay. But I ca tell you that everything works absolutely fine. There are no error messages - nothing that could have been a threat.

I would just be interested in how long it takes until the installation of Win10 is completed.

Orbe Arietta, Sep 27, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Stuck at start up

Hi, I suppose it is possible that since it never booted up it was never registered with MS's activation servers.

Probably your best bet is to find the MS regional activation phone number and call them, explaining the situation.
    Check if your laptop is approved by your manufacturer to run Windows 10. Most have a list of tested PCs.

Do you have the license key for your previous Windows?
    This may help:
    Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Sep 27, 2016
Thema:

Stuck at start up

1. Stuck at start up - Similar Threads - Stuck start

2. My computer is stuck on 7% of update and not started and I shut down my computer for many...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is stuck on 7% of update and not started and I shut down my computer for many...: My computer is stuck on 7% of update and not started and I shut down my computer for many times but it's not changed and stuck help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-stuck-on-7-of-update-and-not/631f574a-c24e-41d5-8944-4647123c141a
  3. My computer is stuck on 7% of update and not started and I shut down my computer for many...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is stuck on 7% of update and not started and I shut down my computer for many...: My computer is stuck on 7% of update and not started and I shut down my computer for many times but it's not changed and stuck help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-stuck-on-7-of-update-and-not/631f574a-c24e-41d5-8944-4647123c141a
  4. My computer is stuck on 7% of update and not started and I shut down my computer for many...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Nothing started after update and now stuck in Safe Mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing started after update and now stuck in Safe Mode?: My Dell laptop computer has always had problems, ever since I got it in 2017. The laptop has always been a bit slow. At one point the hard drive crashed and we had to replace it; it's still remarkably slow at times, and the browser has a tendency to freeze. Sometimes when...
  6. Nothing started after update and now stuck in Safe Mode?

Nothing started after update and now stuck in Safe Mode?: My Dell laptop computer has always had problems, ever since I got it in 2017. The laptop has always been a bit slow. At one point the hard drive crashed and we had to replace it; it's still remarkably slow at times, and the browser has a tendency to freeze. Sometimes when...
  7. Nothing started after update and now stuck in Safe Mode?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Desktop Messenger is stuck on the "Getting Started" screen. I saw a video that says to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Messenger is stuck on the "Getting Started" screen. I saw a video that says to...: Desktop Messenger is stuck on the "Getting Started" screen. I saw a video that says to remove Messenger credentials. Is this safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-messenger-is-stuck-on-the-getting-started/121972a7-6d24-4fb3-891f-64678bad3010
  9. Desktop Messenger is stuck on the "Getting Started" screen. I saw a video that says to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Messenger is stuck on the "Getting Started" screen. I saw a video that says to...: Desktop Messenger is stuck on the "Getting Started" screen. I saw a video that says to remove Messenger credentials. Is this safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-messenger-is-stuck-on-the-getting-started/121972a7-6d24-4fb3-891f-64678bad3010
  10. Desktop Messenger is stuck on the "Getting Started" screen. I saw a video that says to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 8796093022208 key word Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.