Windows 10: Stuck at welcome screen for unusually long period of time

Discus and support Stuck at welcome screen for unusually long period of time in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having this issue for quite a long time now. It started post a windows update if I am not wrong. So whenever I restart my PC and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ajsat3801, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Ajsat3801 Win User

Stuck at welcome screen for unusually long period of time

Hi,

I have been having this issue for quite a long time now. It started post a windows update if I am not wrong. So whenever I restart my PC and enter my pin, it gets stuck for around 10 minutes in the welcome screen. I tried solving this issue using dskchk, DISM tool and SFC in vain.

This is the configuration of the laptop in which I have the issue

Asus vivobook X556UQK

Intel core i7-7500U 2.7GHz

8 GB RAM

Seagate ST2000LM007 2 TB HDD

Intel HD graphics 620, NVIDIA GeForce 940mx

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎26-‎07-‎2020

OS build 19042.508

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

This is the link to ntbtlog.txt file for further reference.

link for ntbtlog.txt

I hope this is enough for you to help me solve this issue

Thanks in advance

:)

Ajsat3801, Dec 30, 2020
  2. DanielYX Win User

Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, Dec 30, 2020
  3. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Taukonza Win User

Windows 10 stuck at lock screen for a long time

The whole thing started to appear around 3 days ago. The problem is that everytime I boot, windows 10 stays on a weird lock screen without any buttons for a long long time. There are just 4 icons in the bottom right corner (shut down, accesibility, ethernet...) It sometimes manages to get to desktop, and sometimes not. Not sure what caused it, could be a recent windows update, not sure tho. I ran some HDD scans and everything turned out fine, also did a registry cleanup, tried disabling lock screen, and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions or solutions?

Taukonza, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Stuck at welcome screen for unusually long period of time - Similar Threads - Stuck welcome screen

2. Stuck on Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on Welcome Screen: I have a Windows 10 desktop PC. I have been having trouble running a game and this morning when I opened it I received a blue screen and upon my computers restart I have found myself stuck at the Welcome Screen. There is no background though, only a solid block color now and...
  3. Windows 10 Welcome screen takes a very long time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Welcome screen takes a very long time: My BIOS times are 3.4 to 4.1 seconds, however the "Welcome" screen takes at least 30 seconds before my laptop can boot to desktop. My laptop has been getting slower and slower lately and it hasn't been over 2 years since I have bought it. I have been getting lower fps in...
  4. Windows 10 stuck on Please Wait screen for a long period of time, help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck on Please Wait screen for a long period of time, help: For the past week or two, my PC has been suffering from something where it gets stuck on the Please Wait screen for probably 5-10 minutes. It will go to the login screen and it operates normally* (* I've noticed that I've possibly been having worse performance in games like...
  5. Stuck on welcome screen!

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on welcome screen!: When I try to access the login screen by dragging the welcome screen up (the first thing you see when turning on the computer, which shows the time, date, battery percentage, and WiFi status), it takes me back to the welcome screen. I have Windows 10 1909. Here's a link of...
  6. Stuck in welcome screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in welcome screen: After complete installation of windows version 1903 my laptop automatically restart then I used my laptop without any problem. But when in the next day to start my laptop then after a long time the screen to enter the password appear then I enter my password successfully but...
  7. Stuck on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck on welcome screen: I have correctly entered my password on my windows 10 pc but its stuck on welcome under my name with the dots going round https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-welcome-screen/fa145805-accc-4afd-b700-01dd889439bf
  8. Stuck at welcome screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck at welcome screen: [IMG][IMG] Hello, so I can’t open or login in my laptop because it is stuck. When I tried to click “enter” which I normally do to login, it will turn black and will go back to that referring to the photo. I don’t know what happen please help me. Thank you...
  9. Unusually long boot time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unusually long boot time: I can't quite get a handle on this issue. Why would having USB drives attached to system increase boot time from 8 seconds to 110 seconds? Never happened on old 560 box, but does on new 3847. Dell says, "That's the way it is". Sounds odd. Nothing in UEFI/BIOS for any...
  10. Stuck on Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on Welcome screen: idk if the computer even works anymore! I'm over it! Going use a public computer 22380