Windows 10: Stuck at Windows Sign In Screen (Black screen with cursor after pressing a button)

Discus and support Stuck at Windows Sign In Screen (Black screen with cursor after pressing a button) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/aaaverr [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aaaverr, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Stuck at Windows Sign In Screen (Black screen with cursor after pressing a button)

/u/aaaverr, Sep 16, 2020
  2. drreflex Win User

Black Screen With Cursor PLEASE HELP

THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN AN ONGOING ISSUE WITH WINDOWS 10.

Below is a Microsoft Knoledge Base entry from April of this year.

httpw://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3055414

"The lock screen in Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 might appear as a black screen with a mouse cursor
    Symptoms

When you sign out of Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 and return to the lock screen, you might see only a black screen with a responsive mouse cursor. Pressing the Alt+Tab keys or the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys has no visible effect.
    Workaround

If you are experiencing this issue, follow these steps to sign into Windows:

At the black screen, press the Ctrl key once on an attached physical keyboard. (You won’t see any visible change, but pressing the Ctrl key will place the cursor in the password box that you’re currently not able to see.)

Now type the password of the user that just signed out and press Enter.This will sign you back into Windows and the desktop will appear.

If you failed to sign in because you mistyped the password, press Enter once more. Then retype the password and press Enter." ...

PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ARE INSTALLING WINDOWS 10. AFTER ENTERING YOUR PASSWORD, THE CURSOR SHOULD VANISH FOR SEVERAL MINUTES WHILE WINDOWS COMPLETES THE INSTALL SETUP. MY COMPUTER, A FAST ALIENWARE, TOOK ABOUT FIVE MINUTES TO COMPLETE THE SETUP AND THEN THE WINDOWS 10 DESKTOP APPEARED.

drreflex, Sep 16, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Sep 16, 2020
  4. essenbe Win User

Stuck at Windows Sign In Screen (Black screen with cursor after pressing a button)

Black screen with cursor

When you boot into windows and get the black screen with cursor, see if this will enable you to get in

At the black screen, press the Ctrl key once on an attached physical keyboard. (You won’t see any visible change, but pressing the Ctrl key will place the cursor in the password box that you’re currently not able to see.)

Now type the password of the user that just signed out and press Enter.This will sign you back into Windows and the desktop will appear.

If you failed to sign in because you mistyped the password, press Enter once more. Then retype the password and press Enter." ...

If you can get in and see, see if this helps

hmDmaKLbi4Y

essenbe, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Stuck at Windows Sign In Screen (Black screen with cursor after pressing a button)

1. Stuck at Windows Sign In Screen (Black screen with cursor after pressing a button) - Similar Threads - Stuck Sign Screen

2. How to fix black screen with cursor after sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix black screen with cursor after sign in: Hi, I have recently started having issues with logging into my PC. When I log onto my PC I get a black screen with a cursor on it. I feel like I have tried every solution I can find on YouTube but none of them work. Even when I try to boot my computer into the Safe mode, I...
  3. Black screen when pressing Windows button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when pressing Windows button: My screen goes black when I press the Windows button. After a short moment, it comes back, with Start Menu in view. Then, when I move the mouse, it goes black again, then comes back. When I close the Start Menu, everything is OK. What is causing this and how might I fix it?...
  4. Black screen when pressing Windows button

Black screen when pressing Windows button: My screen goes black when I press the Windows button. After a short moment, it comes back, with Start Menu in view. Then, when I move the mouse, it goes black again, then comes back. When I close the Start Menu, everything is OK. What is causing this and how might I fix it?...
  5. Black screen when pressing Windows button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows black screen with cursor after sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows black screen with cursor after sign in: Windows shows blank screen after sign in. Even tried to start in safe mode too but still shows blank screen and not able see task manager after CTRL+ALT+DEL...
  7. Windows black screen with cursor after sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows black screen with cursor after sign in: Windows shows blank screen after sign in. Even tried to start in safe mode too but still shows blank screen and not able see task manager after CTRL+ALT+DEL...
  8. Windows black screen with cursor after sign in

9. Flashing black screen after pressing power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Flashing black screen after pressing power button: Hi all, I have been facing this issue for a while now, which is everytime after I shutdown my laptop and powering it on after about 10 seconds or restarting it, the display would immediately show a flashing black screen and with the hard drive light flashing non-stop. The...
  10. Black screen after pressing buttons on lock screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after pressing buttons on lock screen: So one day i opened my pc and i get greeted with my passcode i open it then it turns black. I turn off my pc and turned it on this time it was black with a cursor. I waited then it turned normal again and if i try to press anything it turns black. Help???...