Windows 10: Stuck at "working on updates" on windows 10 after clean install and blue screen

Discus and support Stuck at "working on updates" on windows 10 after clean install and blue screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer, started to show a blue screen and i decided to format and clean install it from zero, the issue comes after i install updates just after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Juan Camilo Bastidas, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Stuck at "working on updates" on windows 10 after clean install and blue screen

My computer, started to show a blue screen and i decided to format and clean install it from zero, the issue comes after i install updates just after the clean install, i reboot the pc as asked in the update section , and while in "working in updates" it frozes at 31% rigth after that the blue screen comes i´ve already try unplugging all usb devices, restore boot, every thing but keeps showing me the error, so i keep deleting the drive and installing it from scratch but every time happens the same.i don´t know what else to do please help

:)

Juan Camilo Bastidas, Jun 19, 2021

2. Installation Hangs at Blue Windows Logo, Error Code C1900101-20017

The BIOS update suggestion posted above by @Jegler helped me, @guhanath. I was on version 1.10 and updated to 1.90. The steps I took after that were just doing the official Windows 10 upgrade procedure.

Then the Windows 10 installation went without a hitch, and I'm no longer on Windows 7. I'm going to consider this solved, thank you @Jelger for the suggestion to update the BIOS!

KingDecimator, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Windows 10 clean install issues

I have the well known to the webs 'Start Menu Not working / Slow opening apps from taskbar' like you in RS3 aka Fall Creators update,
    Even after CLEAN windows install...and there is no permanent fix out there, until M$ fix it.
    So i have clean install RS2 Iso and block the updates so RS3 dont install to my system.
    Im waiting for RS4 to be released hopefully fixes all those issues...but i doubt, they only thing they do is adding more and more bloatware.

Proof of my problem:

Start Menu Not Working in Windows 10 [Solved] - Driver Easy
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/start-menu-does-not-open-windows-10
    Fix Windows 10 Menu Not Working - Easy Steps | GetWox

All those articles are fresth from January 2018, mind you all those ''FIXES'' dont work.

Video from 2015, until now the problems still exist:

LocoDiceGR, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Stuck at "working on updates" on windows 10 after clean install and blue screen

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Stuck at "working on updates" on windows 10 after clean install and blue screen

1. Stuck at "working on updates" on windows 10 after clean install and blue screen - Similar Threads - Stuck working updates

2. Touch screen not working after clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch screen not working after clean install of windows 10: Hello, my name is Guilherme and I really need help. I Have tried everything for 10+ hours and still can't make ir work. This is my final solution before going to a technician.The computer in question is a thomson notebook-tablet hybrid the ones that turn 360.Thomson...
  3. Touch screen not working after clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen not working after clean install of windows 10: Hello, my name is Guilherme and I really need help. I Have tried everything for 10+ hours and still can't make ir work. This is my final solution before going to a technician.The computer in question is a thomson notebook-tablet hybrid the ones that turn 360.Thomson...
  4. Blue Screen persists after clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen persists after clean install: My computer has been plagued with frequent BSODs 'DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE' for past many days and decided to do a clean install but it didnt help and I saw 2 BSODs with same error code. Nothing specific I had installed to trigger these, as I am using similar config on...
  5. Blue Screen Even After Clean Installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue Screen Even After Clean Installation: Hello, I have an old lenevo pc. It's Lenovo Z51 with i7 5th gen and AMD R9 GPU with 1tb SSHD. Yesterday my laptop suddenly crashed, I was not even using it, it was just on desktop, I got the blue screen with your pc ran into some problems screen. So I decided to clean...
  6. Blue Screen After Clean install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen After Clean install of Windows 10: Hello, I recently attempted to update my motherboard driver from manufacturer's website. I managed to also download the newest Nvidia Driver for my system on their website before the pc started to act up. The system began experiencing stability issues giving the following...
  7. Windows 10 Update 1903 Stuck even after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update 1903 Stuck even after clean install: Hi guys. I have a laptop which has Windows 10 build 1803, and it never updated to newer releases I don't know why, but still functions normally, so I never really cared about it. But since support is coming to an end for 1803, I decided to update. The update downloads...
  8. Clean installation blue screen

Clean installation blue screen: Hello, so I just got a new PC but during the installation process, it always get restarted. I am able to make it through the language selection and SDD choosing. Once it start to copy a files, I would get a blue screen. I'm using external HDD (Samsung M2 Portable 3...
  9. Windows 10 clean install stuck installing updates

Windows 10 clean install stuck installing updates: Greetings, I've just registered into this forum, i hope there would be someone who can solve my problem, thanks before My device: Laptop Asus G73SW Core i7 8GB RAM 460M 2x1TB drive UEFI support (but still with old bios interface) Media & method used: 8GB usb...
  10. Clean Install of Windows 10 64bit stuck @ Blue Logo

Clean Install of Windows 10 64bit stuck @ Blue Logo: Hello, I currently have Win10 32bit Pro . I made a bootable USB and DVD to upgrade to the 64bit Home version, both yield the same results. Each time I try to perform a clean install, it just hangs at the blue windows logo, no spinning circle just the logo. I let it sit for...