Windows 10: Stuck between error messages

Discus and support Stuck between error messages in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was trying to dowmload a mew Wimdows usimg a usb. I got to am error message saying “the uograde optiom ismt available usimg Wimdows Imstallatiom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fedor Kolchin, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Stuck between error messages

I was trying to dowmload a mew Wimdows usimg a usb. I got to am error message saying “the uograde optiom ismt available usimg Wimdows Imstallatiom media” I them wemt back to the previous page amd clicked om the Imstall Wimdows Omly page where I accidentally deleted the comtemts of my main drive the ome with the most storage. Mow I camt laumvh the old wimdows versiom amd camt imstall the mee versiom.

What should I do? I camt comtact the mamifacturer because I buolt this pc myself amd I camt repair the pc because it says “wimload.exe mot foumd”

p.s. really sorry for all the Ms, some of the keys om my keyboard domt work properly.

:)

Fedor Kolchin, Jan 8, 2021

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Jan 8, 2021
  4. n2bn2b Win User

Stuck between error messages

Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Stuck between error messages

1. Stuck between error messages - Similar Threads - Stuck between error

2. Windows 10 Pro stuck in prepairing then an error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro stuck in prepairing then an error message: My Dell Inspirion 15 3000 has is stuck in a weird loop can somebody help? I went through all the hard and soft reset. I went for the total reinstall and now I get this error message when the DELL logo and Preparing appear on the screen. It doesn't do anything when I click...
  3. Windows 10 Pro stuck in prepairing then an error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro stuck in prepairing then an error message: My Dell Inspirion 15 3000 has is stuck in a weird loop can somebody help? I went through all the hard and soft reset. I went for the total reinstall and now I get this error message when the DELL logo and Preparing appear on the screen. It doesn't do anything when I click...
  4. Windows 10 Pro stuck in prepairing then an error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Mouse gets stuck between monitors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse gets stuck between monitors.: The mouse gets stuck between monitors due to size of the monitors.Note black arrows indicate where it gets stuck, because there is no monitor on the opposite side of the edge.However, mouse moves freely where monitors have an adjacent edge.Cumbersome to constantly remember to...
  6. Mouse gets stuck between monitors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse gets stuck between monitors.: The mouse gets stuck between monitors due to size of the monitors.Note black arrows indicate where it gets stuck, because there is no monitor on the opposite side of the edge.However, mouse moves freely where monitors have an adjacent edge.Cumbersome to constantly remember to...
  7. Mouse gets stuck between monitors.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows getting stuck between monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows getting stuck between monitors: When moving windows/apps/folders between my monitors, they get stuck halfway through unless I move the mouse quickly enough. I can solve it by turning off Windows snap, but that means the shortcut Windows key + arrow key no longer works, which is great for organising my...
  9. Keyboard stuck between two languages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard stuck between two languages: I have a Windows 10 HP Envy, and am having some trouble with languages on my keyboard. I have English (US) as my default Windows display language, but I installed a French AZERTY keyboard within the English language pack to easily switch between the two when I need to type...
  10. Stuck in Limbo between 8.1 and 10!

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Limbo between 8.1 and 10!: I had something go wrong with my 10 (probably my error), so after many attempts, I thought going back to 8.1 would at least get me running. I am stuck in Limbo. My 8.1 files are not starting either......freezes up either on sign in or while starting up I have 8.1 on Disc,...