Windows 10: stuck bios boot device

Discus and support stuck bios boot device in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I got a wireless USB wifi adapter.i open my pc plug the USB wifi adapter and install the driver itself and it told me to restart my computer I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SAMUELJOSIAHLEAL, Feb 26, 2021.

1. stuck bios boot device

I got a wireless USB wifi adapter.i open my pc plug the USB wifi adapter and install the driver itself and it told me to restart my computer

I restarted it and I got stuck on the bios boot it was 1 hour until I realize when I remove the USB wifi adapter it kept going.i tried it again cuz maybe it isn't the real problem but it was the problem idk what to do

:)

SAMUELJOSIAHLEAL, Feb 26, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

BIOS stuck in a loop.

Hello,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried to boot in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check the solutions provided on the links below:

BIOS-loop

Stuck-in-BIOS-loop

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, Feb 26, 2021
  4. zvit Win User

stuck bios boot device

Missing Bootable devices in BIOS after removing Ubuntu dual boot

Windows 10 Pro, Version 2004, OB build 19041.572

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TH mb. My BIOS has been set to UEFI for a while now and I had no issues with it. When I needed to boot into some live cd or flash drive, I would press F12 at boot and have a list of bootable devices to choose from. I also saw all of these devices in the BIOS, where I could choose them for a boot order.

I found myself using Ubuntu quite often with the “try ubuntu” option, so last week I decided to install it as a dual boot. I used a secondary hard drive for the Ubuntu partitions (not C.) After a few days, I decided to get rid of the dual boot. I went through all the steps to delete it; deleting the ubuntu partitions, and using diskpart to get GRUB removed from the boot loader. Although after this, the computer would boot right into Windows, for some reason, the ubuntu was still listed in bcdedit /enum firmware, so I also used bcdedit /delete to delete that.

Here’s the issue that I have now:

When I press F12 to boot into a live CD (or flash drive), the only boot option is Windows. In my BIOS, in the boot order section, I can only choose Windows; there is no more list of all my drives and CD ROM to choose to boot from.

The only way to get back the list of bootable devices is if I switch the “Boot Mode Selection” from “UFEI only” to anything else, like “UEFI and LEGACY” or “LEGACY only.”

However, if I switch to anything other than “UEFI only,” the computer won’t boot into windows; I get an error saying, “Reboot and select proper boot device.”

I am 99% sure that before I did the dual boot, I had “UEFI and LEGACY” selected in the BIOS and in Windows System information, it would show that my BIOS is UEFI.

What I need now is to be able to see a list of bootable devices in my BIOS, including my CD ROM, so that I can choose to boot from a CD or flash drive when desired, and of course, that my computer should boot into Windows when I just want to boot normally.

Notes:

1. Fast boot is disabled.
    2. I read that Secure boot should be disabled but I don’t have that setting.
    3. I read that CSM should be disabled but I don’t have that setting.
    4. My C drive (SSD) is GPT, Active & System.

Any suggestions?

Thema:

stuck bios boot device

1. stuck bios boot device - Similar Threads - stuck bios boot

2. Stuck in bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in bios: Hello all, I am having issues booting up my desktop. I was having some high disk usage on my hdd. I have a ssd to boot windows and a hdd for storage. I factory reset my pc reset windows on sddand formatted my hdddeleted everything from hdd. But now that I did that, I am...
  3. Stuck in bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in bios: Hello all, I am having issues booting up my desktop. I was having some high disk usage on my hdd. I have a ssd to boot windows and a hdd for storage. I factory reset my pc reset windows on sddand formatted my hdddeleted everything from hdd. But now that I did that, I am...
  4. Stuck on bios boot is not recognising storage media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on bios boot is not recognising storage media: Stuck on bios and boot is not recognising storage media https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-bios-boot-is-not-recognising-storage/67af127a-9214-403a-b996-3461e58aebf1
  5. Stuck on bios boot is not recognising storage media

Stuck on bios boot is not recognising storage media: Stuck on bios and boot is not recognising storage media https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-bios-boot-is-not-recognising-storage/67af127a-9214-403a-b996-3461e58aebf1
  6. Bios stuck

Bios stuck: Hi so I have B550 motherboard. So I recently downloaded fifa which requires secure boot setting on. I tried my best to find a way to to switch on secure boot without going to bios but can’t find anything. So then I get into bios setting but it’s stuck there can’t use the...
  7. Pc stuck in boot loop after bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck in boot loop after bios: Hello, i recently got new ram for christmas and installed it, everything was fine, untill i enabled xmp, then windows would boot and i always got into the advanced settings tab, after then resetting my windows, everything was fine again, installed the latest drivers, all my...
  8. Pc stuck in boot loop after bios

Pc stuck in boot loop after bios: Hello, i recently got new ram for christmas and installed it, everything was fine, untill i enabled xmp, then windows would boot and i always got into the advanced settings tab, after then resetting my windows, everything was fine again, installed the latest drivers, all my...
  9. Pc stuck in boot loop after bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Saving boot device in BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Saving boot device in BIOS: Every time I have a power failure and the power is then restored, my computer doesn't know where to boot from. I have to go into the BIOS and select the boot device at which the computerimmediately boots. I do not get a chance to save that boot device setting. How do i...