Windows 10: stuck by kiosk mode

Discus and support stuck by kiosk mode in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I set up Kiosk mode in windows 10 with access only to Paint 3D. When going out i pressed ctrl+alt+del and then windows tried to do something but... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DawidPłonka, May 15, 2020.

1. stuck by kiosk mode

Hi, I set up Kiosk mode in windows 10 with access only to Paint 3D. When going out i pressed ctrl+alt+del and then windows tried to do something but the screen went black for at least several minutes. I force shut it down, but now when I turn it on it is stuck at windows logo with 'thinking' indicator. What should I do?

:)

DawidPłonka, May 15, 2020
  2. EL_259 Win User

Stuck in kiosk mode

Thank you for your reply.

The references you provided are helpful once you can get into settings. The problem I'm having is that I'm stuck in kiosk mode and cannot switch out to another user to view other settings and functions. I'm looking for a way to force a switch to another
    user or a way to stop restart from automatically launching in kiosk mode. Is there a way to switch user from safe mode or some startup config upon restart?

EL_259, May 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 15, 2020
  4. stuck by kiosk mode

Shawn Brink, May 15, 2020
Thema:

stuck by kiosk mode

1. stuck by kiosk mode - Similar Threads - stuck kiosk mode

2. Stuck in Kiosk Mode on Windows 10 ~ PLEASE HELP!!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in Kiosk Mode on Windows 10 ~ PLEASE HELP!!!: HelloI wanted to try Kiosk Mode in Windows 10 and I set it to Microsoft Edge and then logged in to the userNow im stuck in therePLEASE HELPI restarted my PC and i was still in the Kiosk Mode....
  3. Stuck in kiosk mode

Stuck in kiosk mode: Im stuck in Kiosk mode, i already tried ctrl alt del but it doesn't work, im specifically stuck on a website, i cant open or close anything, the moment i turn on my pc it sends straight to the website, it doesnt even let me choose my admin profile, please help....
  4. kiosk mode

in Windows 10 Support
    kiosk mode: I want to setup kiosk mode to control applications that the users can use , I followed the below url to setup it , however , I can't find chrome browser in the application list , therefore , I would like to ask how to control the user can use chrome browser or not ? another...
  5. Kiosk Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Kiosk Mode: I have set Kiosk mode with a single user and a single app. I am unable to remove the user and do not get an error but just times out and Kiosk mode with the user is still enable. How do I remove this in Windows 10 Pro version 2004?...
  6. stuck in kiosk mode. CANNOT access settings.

stuck in kiosk mode. CANNOT access settings.: laptop stuck on "public" kiosk mode for windows 10, Microsoft edge is the only app/browser to be accessed. again. I cannot access settings. I cannot access settings. I cannot access settings. ive been having this issue for daYS with no help. again. I cannot access settings....
  7. KIOSK MODE

KIOSK MODE: Good Day, Is it possible to run any application type in KIOSK mode for Enterprise or Education versions? I tried to run Visual Studio Code in KIOSK mode only the black background can be seen using Windows Imaging and configuration design and I was deprived User...
  8. kiosk mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kiosk mode: how do I remove the kiosk mode from my xplane11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kiosk-mode/228bbfb6-fed9-46b9-9244-cccf66bb4cda
  9. Kiosk mode

Kiosk mode: I want to switch to Kiosk mode because I have to disable slide advance on arrow keys. However I want to make sure that will not affect other features. What’s your advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kiosk-mode/d03a29b2-e1f3-4885-a9ac-7d1c647a6a56
  10. Stuck in kiosk mode

Stuck in kiosk mode: I've setup my windows 10 machine to work in kiosk mode, but now it automatically starts up in that mode and I can't switch back to my regular user. Cntr-Alt-Del brings up user login screen with no option to switch users. Looking for suggestions on how to get back to...