Windows 10: Stuck Disk Checking

Discus and support Stuck Disk Checking in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a laptop that has worked fine for many years. Yesterday I unplugged my secondary hard disk without windows, just data. I used a usb adapter to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MikoRadley, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Stuck Disk Checking

I have a laptop that has worked fine for many years. Yesterday I unplugged my secondary hard disk without windows, just data. I used a usb adapter to connect it to my other laptop, which worked fine. Upon reinserting it into my first laptop, and booting, it tells me that the disk is checking and scanning. Now I get a message that says that ETA is 999 hours and is "Stage 1: 0% 90 out of 390960" How can I speed this up or change it? IT is driving me crazy as I've got to deliver this laptop soon.

Thanks in advance

:)

MikoRadley, Apr 12, 2021

2. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Disk Check Issue?

I'm having the Disk Check issue again. However, this time, I can't use Startup Repair to fix it. Can you address this?

JackAttack95, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Stuck Disk Checking

Disk Check Issue?

Hi Jack,

I suggest you to perform a Startup repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Stuck Disk Checking

1. Stuck Disk Checking - Similar Threads - Stuck Disk Checking

2. Check disk stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Check disk stuck at 99%: Hi!My computer started a check disk upon startup on my external drive. I didn't know what it was and let it run.It now says "Fixing E: Stage 3: 100% 1 of 1: Total 99%; ETA: 0:00:00...", right under the ROG logo. And it has been stuck on that screen for more than 48 hours now....
  3. Check disk stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check disk stuck at 99%: Hi!My computer started a check disk upon startup on my external drive. I didn't know what it was and let it run.It now says "Fixing E: Stage 3: 100% 1 of 1: Total 99%; ETA: 0:00:00...", right under the ROG logo. And it has been stuck on that screen for more than 48 hours now....
  4. Check disk stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk checking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk checking: My system started saying to skip disk checking press any key and when I do it will just show blue and it will be loading for hours without displaying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-checking/d77006d7-6f14-418d-99a0-452d1c47c30a
  6. Disk check stuck at total 99%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk check stuck at total 99%: I have a laptop (Dell Latitude E6430) with an internal 1TB disk with some bad sectors on it (planning to replace it soon, data backed up).. When I switched on the laptop now, it asked for a disk check on that drive and the check ran for about an hour.. right now its stuck...
  7. disk check

disk check: How long does it take for disk check to run. My laptop is prompting me to run it but I have not done so. I got my first BSOD last week. It restarted ok though Can anything go wrong from running it and cause it to crash? Is there any risk in letting it run overnight...
  8. Check disk not running / stuck / failed

Check disk not running / stuck / failed: Hello, I am having a problem with my uncles computer, so I will describe the problem my best. Basically, the cause of this is unknown. When PC is booted, the Check Disk automatically starts. When I cancel Check Disc before it starts, I can access WIN10, but it is SLOW and...
  9. disk check

disk check: I just started my pc and it checked drive c: automatically why so? without any reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-check/5d1a3dcb-7911-4e3d-a643-1c47614a03bf
  10. Check Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Check Disk: My backup has failed and I have been advised to run Check Disc. How do I do this - I am using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/check-disk/3167d58e-97b4-438e-81d0-9789d99ec8a0