Windows 10: Stuck during factory reset.

Discus and support Stuck during factory reset. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So the Factory reset has been stuck at 2% for the last 8 hours. 9964 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marie, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Marie Win User

Stuck during factory reset.

So the Factory reset has been stuck at 2% for the last 8 hours.

:)

Marie, Jul 29, 2015

2. Error during factory reset

I am having trouble with resetting my pc. I have tried to reset it several times but i continue to get an error stating "there was a problem resetting your pc no changes were made". please help i no longer want to use Windows 10 i wish to go back to 7
    or 8.1

SamoneMcCurty, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Error during factory reset

reset from where

recovery partition ?

recovery media ?

as far back as vista the upgrade process has been known to damage the recovery partition or the boot info that points to the recovery partition etc.

have seen the windows upgrade process totally wipe the contents of the recovery partition on some systems

leaving it empty

on other systems

have seen the recovery partition removed during the upgrade process leaving unallocated space

if you are attempting to roll back

there is a 30 day window where roll back is possible

after the 30 days passes roll back is impossible

Locutus deBorg, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Stuck during factory reset.

1. Stuck during factory reset. - Similar Threads - Stuck during factory

2. Factory Reset Stuck at 10%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset Stuck at 10%: I started a factory reset on my HP Omen Laptop around 1:45 PM. The laptop has both a 128GB SSD, and a 2TB HDD. It has been stuck at 10% for close to 3 hours now. The HDD indicator is flickering, but rarely blinks fully on and off. Does that mean the HDD has frozen? What...
  3. After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop

After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop: Hello! My computer was encountering some issues so I decided to factory reset it, to make sure that I could properly install everything I needed to help it run optimally. I stuck in my USB with Windows 10 Home on it and I effectively restored the computer to its factory...
  4. Computer stuck in a loop after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stuck in a loop after factory reset: So I factory reset my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 because I want to give it as a gift to my younger brother. Now its stuck on a loop of restarting. It starts when i get to this screen [IMG]after I click next it goes to this[IMG]which causes it to go to a loadin page that says just...
  5. Stuck in loop after Factory Reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in loop after Factory Reset: So I went ahead and factory reset after not using the PC in a while, and it being slow when I last used it about a year or so ago. It is a Dell Inspiron 3252. Now my issue is the loop I'm stuck in. It first prompts me with the "Hi there" screen, asking me to set up country...
  6. Unplugging during a factory reset

Unplugging during a factory reset: I just want to know if I can unplug my laptop's charger now that it's performing a factory reset because the battery is 100% and I'm afraid keeping it plugged in would damage the battery. However before performing the factory reset i was told that the reset would only be done...
  7. Windows factory reset stuck

Windows factory reset stuck: Hi. I have decided to fully clear my system and reinstall windows using the refresh function. I started the process 20 hours ago, and it has been stuck at 32% for the last 10 hours. I have a quite powerful gaming laptop so it really surprised me how long it is taking. I...
  8. Stuck on "Just a moment" after factory reset

Stuck on "Just a moment" after factory reset: A while back I had a problem with a program or driver that made my laptop freeze upon loading into the desktop, I couldnt find the problem and ended up just doing a factory reset after transfering my files to an external hard drive. Upon loading back into windows after the...
  9. Factory reset tablet stuck.

Factory reset tablet stuck.: So I updated my tablet from 8.1-10. There were some issues so i reinstalled some drivers and the issues continued so i did a factory reset. The reset stopped halfway and wont continue. The screen is mostly blank unless i fiddle with some things and a screen comes up...
  10. Factory Reset stuck at 1% for hours

Factory Reset stuck at 1% for hours: Hi so I recently just wanted to completely factory reset my PC after upgrading to windows 10 (of course keeping win 10 after reset) and even hours after the reset beginning its still frozen at 1%. Anyone got any ideas what to do? 11989