Windows 10: Stuck during factory reset.

Discus and support Stuck during factory reset. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So the Factory reset has been stuck at 2% for the last 8 hours. 9964 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marie, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Marie Win User

Stuck during factory reset.

So the Factory reset has been stuck at 2% for the last 8 hours.

:)

Marie, Jul 29, 2015

2. Error during factory reset

I am having trouble with resetting my pc. I have tried to reset it several times but i continue to get an error stating "there was a problem resetting your pc no changes were made". please help i no longer want to use Windows 10 i wish to go back to 7
    or 8.1

SamoneMcCurty, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Error during factory reset

reset from where

recovery partition ?

recovery media ?

as far back as vista the upgrade process has been known to damage the recovery partition or the boot info that points to the recovery partition etc.

have seen the windows upgrade process totally wipe the contents of the recovery partition on some systems

leaving it empty

on other systems

have seen the recovery partition removed during the upgrade process leaving unallocated space

if you are attempting to roll back

there is a 30 day window where roll back is possible

after the 30 days passes roll back is impossible

Locutus deBorg, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Stuck during factory reset.

1. Stuck during factory reset. - Similar Threads - Stuck during factory

2. Factory reset stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset stuck: Hello, I was about to sell my older laptop Lenovo B50-80, so I cleaned it up a bit and hit Factory reset. It did stuck on 59%, than the blue screen of death shown up. Thankfully, than it continued, but it started restarting and it is restarting for 2 days now. What should I...
  3. Factory reset stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset stuck: Hello, I was about to sell my older laptop Lenovo B50-80, so I cleaned it up a bit and hit Factory reset. It did stuck on 59%, than the blue screen of death shown up. Thankfully, than it continued, but it started restarting and it is restarting for 2 days now. What should I...
  4. Stuck in an OS Selection During Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in an OS Selection During Factory Reset: I’m factory resetting my laptop. I’m prompted to choose an operating system and there’s two choices, both are the same: Windows 10 on Volume 4. After selecting one or letting the computer choose one, it restarts and asks again.What do I do?...
  5. Stuck in an OS Selection During Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in an OS Selection During Factory Reset: I’m factory resetting my laptop. I’m prompted to choose an operating system and there’s two choices, both are the same: Windows 10 on Volume 4. After selecting one or letting the computer choose one, it restarts and asks again.What do I do?...
  6. Stuck in an OS Selection During Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Stuck on factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on factory reset: Hello forums, good evening/morning/day. I’ve recently factory reset my pc due to it being slow. Yet its stuck on 77% and hasn't gone up for ages now. Any suggestions or do I just have to wait?...
  8. Stuck on factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on factory reset: Hello forums, good evening/morning/day. I’ve recently factory reset my pc due to it being slow. Yet its stuck on 77% and hasn't gone up for ages now. Any suggestions or do I just have to wait?...
  9. Stuck on factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Stuck in factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in factory reset: Earlier today I decided to factory reset my pc, cause it was running slow, first time I did it, I forgot to make it would clear all my drives, so it only cleared my sad which has windows, my pc booted up, and everything worked fine, but I wanted all the drives cleaned, so I...