Windows 10: Stuck during reset

Discus and support Stuck during reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is the right place to post or not, so I'm posting everywhere I can. Anyway. I have an older laptop, the fangbook HX6 that I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BoojahideenBoot, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Stuck during reset

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post or not, so I'm posting everywhere I can.

Anyway. I have an older laptop, the fangbook HX6 that I got from a friend. It was sluggish at best, he just gave it to me without resetting it, so I decided to factory reset it myself. Only it's been stuck at 34% for what seems like an obscene amount of time for a factory reset. I am not a tech savvy person and don't have the money (thanks covid) to take it to someone knowledgeable. I've heard that windows 10 can be notorious for getting stuck during a reset, and I really don't want to brick this thing.

I plan on waiting a bit longer, but if it's not good, is there anything I can do?

submitted by /u/BoojahideenBoot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BoojahideenBoot, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Stuck at 64% after reset.

Hi,

We want to know more information regarding this issue so that we can find out what causes your update to get stuck at 64%. Please provide us the following information:

• Even after resetting, does it still get stuck at 64%?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • How are you upgrading your operating system?
    Regards.

Dennis Mop, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Stuck during reset

Stuck in black screen during Reset

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below?

How long has your PC been stuck in this screen?

I would suggest that you wait for a couple of hours and check if you are still stuck in this screen. If so I would suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if you are able to boot onto your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Stuck during reset

1. Stuck during reset - Similar Threads - Stuck during reset

2. Stuck in infinite restart loop during reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in infinite restart loop during reset: So I started a reset and drive wipe it got to 64% and now all it does is restart continuously. I’ve tried to interrupt from BIOS, I can’t boot in safe mode but have been able to boot from a recovery drive but nothing I did worked. Using an acer predator helios 300. I also...
  3. Stuck in infinite restart loop during reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in infinite restart loop during reset: So I started a reset and drive wipe it got to 64% and now all it does is restart continuously. I’ve tried to interrupt from BIOS, I can’t boot in safe mode but have been able to boot from a recovery drive but nothing I did worked. Using an acer predator helios 300. I also...
  4. Stuck in black screen during computer reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in black screen during computer reset: I decided to reset my computer by clicking on the option 'remove files and clean the drive windows 10'the "getting a few things ready" blue box reached 100%, and after that the computer went into a black screen. It has been that way for over 5 hours now. What should i do?...
  5. Stuck in black screen during computer reset

Stuck in black screen during computer reset: I decided to reset my computer by clicking on the option 'remove files and clean the drive windows 10'the "getting a few things ready" blue box reached 100%, and after that the computer went into a black screen. It has been that way for over 5 hours now. What should i do?...
  6. Stuck in black screen during computer reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Stuck in an OS Selection During Factory Reset

Stuck in an OS Selection During Factory Reset: I’m factory resetting my laptop. I’m prompted to choose an operating system and there’s two choices, both are the same: Windows 10 on Volume 4. After selecting one or letting the computer choose one, it restarts and asks again.What do I do?...
  8. Stuck during reset at 76%

Stuck during reset at 76%: I am resetting my lenovo yoga 500, it 8s stuck at 76% from 2hours and I don't have access to any other pc so can't install windows media. What can I do Should I force shut down??...
  9. PC stuck at rebooting during full reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC stuck at rebooting during full reset: I had to reset my PC due to some problems with my drivers... I selected that everything should be reset, all drives and files. I then pressed on "reset" and then I had to wait for it to reach 100%. When the window reached 100% my PC automatically restarted. Now I'm stuck at...
  10. Stuck during factory reset.

Stuck during factory reset.: So the Factory reset has been stuck at 2% for the last 8 hours. 9964