Windows 10: Stuck DVD, won't eject. Any ideas? Thanks.

Discus and support Stuck DVD, won't eject. Any ideas? Thanks. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried ejecting from the menu and then by pushing the eject button on the drive. Nothing worked.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MACTHEBEAR, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Stuck DVD, won't eject. Any ideas? Thanks.

I tried ejecting from the menu and then by pushing the eject button on the drive. Nothing worked.

:)

MACTHEBEAR, Feb 27, 2019

2. After installing printer, I can't eject the install disc

Hi Robert,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To reject the disc out I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press “windows+X”, it will open the “file explorer”.
    • Then on the left hand side click on “This PC”.
    • You will find the “DVD Drive”, right click on it
    • And click on “eject option” and check whether the DVD is ejected or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 27, 2019
  3. How do you fix---An error has occured while ejecting 'DVD RW Drive

Hi,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the issue you have with the error while ejecting 'DVD RW Drive'.

Please answer the following for us to assist you further:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • How are you trying to eject the CD?
    • Do you have any pending updates?

I would suggest you the methods below and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware Troubleshooter

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

To do so, open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Configure a device.

The Hardware Troubleshooter will open. You can set it to fix the detected problems automatically or select and opt to fix only the one’s you want.

Click on Next to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. Once the scan is completed, it will present you with a report.

Choose the ones you want to fix and click on Next.

If the issue persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Bad eject button.

• Press Windows + E on the keyboard

• Right-click the disc drive icon and choose the option to
      eject.
    If this ejects your CD-ROM drive tray, the button on the disc drive is defective, and it is recommended that the drive be replaced, If not follow method 3.

Method 3: Update the drivers.

I would suggest you to update the DVD/CD-ROM drivers and check:

Steps:

• Press Start, click on Control Panel
    • Select Device Manager.

Double click on DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the device and click
      Update Driver Software
    • Select search automatically for updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ruth Buruga, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Stuck DVD, won't eject. Any ideas? Thanks.

DVD Eject unsuccessful

I inserted a DVD to load scanner software and when I ejected to retrieve the DVD

it ejected but without the DVD in place which appears to still be in the computer.

Thoughts on how to get the DVD out without hurting computer.

RICHARDROSSO, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Stuck DVD, won't eject. Any ideas? Thanks.

1. Stuck DVD, won't eject. Any ideas? Thanks. - Similar Threads - Stuck DVD won't

2. any ideas

in Windows 10 Gaming
    any ideas: and still nothing but it seems to work with my phone’s hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-ideas/cf4d3957-9805-4919-bc0a-de57203282b2
  3. any ideas

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    any ideas: and still nothing but it seems to work with my phone’s hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-ideas/cf4d3957-9805-4919-bc0a-de57203282b2
  4. Exe file won't opn. Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exe file won't opn. Any ideas?: Have done a regedit. Have done a scannow and there's been no change. The following screenshot error occurs when trying to open an exe file. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-file-wont-opn-any-ideas/f8a0db3c-80d7-4093-bc47-93a4dad9c528
  5. Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ideas?: Hey, can I ask for help? Recently I updated my windows, and as soon as the update finished, there is no volume. I tried to look it at the internet and through device manager but the “sound, game controller” thing was not there. I tried to instqll it but when its installing...
  6. DVD Drive won't eject manually !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD Drive won't eject manually !: I have not used my DVD drive for awhile on Windows 10. Today I could not open the drive with the manual button to put my disc in. I had to click the DVD drive in the menu and it then opened. After playing the CD, again it would not eject with the manual button I had to right...
  7. Stuck on boot no dots, any ideas

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on boot no dots, any ideas: I've follewed the repair guides, CMD fixes etc but I'm not sure the behaviour is the same. If I leave my pc powered off for a long period or unplug it for 30 seconds (graceful shutdown) when I try to turn it on I will get stuck at the windows boot logo no dots and at that...
  8. DVD drive not ejecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive not ejecting: I was watching video on friday night by inserting the dvd into my dvd player. It was my fav old movie. But today I realised I have left that in dvd drive. Today i thought to get it outside. But its not ejecting for some good reason....
  9. Getting a dvd to eject

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting a dvd to eject: I put in a dvd and now I am unable to get it to eject, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-a-dvd-to-eject/a1f9197e-dbe8-4911-8463-0b1366dedc29
  10. Windows 10 won't upgrade, any ideas?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 won't upgrade, any ideas?: My computer was an upgrade through the Windows 8 purchase from XP, to Windows 10 Preview and then to Windows 10 official update. It is Pro version. It seems to work correctly and has been updating as far as I can tell, except the last big update. It never shows the option to...