Windows 10: Stuck! Help!

Discus and support Stuck! Help! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I downloaded the New Widows 10 2 weeks ago! Working great till yesterday morning. I was on Facebook and it shut down and said don't turn off computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Leichty, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Leichty Win User

Stuck! Help!

I downloaded the New Widows 10 2 weeks ago! Working great till yesterday morning. I was on Facebook and it shut down and said don't turn off computer preparing update. It has had these spinning circles all day yesterday and all day today. I decided to just push the button and shut it down. Didn't work, still has a spin get circles. Cannot use my computer. What can I do ? Help!

:)

Leichty, Oct 16, 2015
  2. Stuck. Win User

Thinkpad X201 Tablet pen input and finger touch conflict since windows 10 upgrade

I have exactly the same problem with my Samsung smart pc pro. Can't sketch anymore because exactly the same reason.

I also tried a surface pro tablet with a pen and it had exactly same problem too. I think Microsoft forgot that issue...

Stuck., Oct 16, 2015
  3. Help stuck in fullscreen

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

I suggest you to press F11 key and check if it helps.

Randomly press the Num lock key and check if Num lock key light turns on or off. If it’s not turning on or off Pc might have hang. So I suggest you to do the hard restart and check.

You may try to install the game in compatibility mode
    and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to install the game in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Right-click on the game setup file and click on ‘properties’.

b. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
    and select Windows 7/8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu.

c. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and
    run the file to install it.

You may also contact the game manufacturer and check if there would any updates or patches that would make the game work on Windows 10.

If issue still persist I suggest you to contact Roblox game support.

Roblox

Please reply here with the results so that we can assist you further.

Suvarna Govinda, Oct 16, 2015
  4. AndyG Win User

Stuck! Help!

If you hold the power button on the case for 4 seconds it will go off. If that doesn't work unplug it! Some may say that's wreckless advice, but if nothing works why not.

About spinning cirles. When every thing is fine they last for just a few seconds. After some big changes it may spin for up to a minute. From my experience, if it keeps spinning more than 2min it's not going to stop. So, to be safe 5 mins max (with an SSD - an HDD will generally take longer). After that don't waste your time. 4 seconds on the power button, or you problably have a reset button on your PC. 4 seconds has alway, 100% shut it down (forced) so never needed to unplug. But if that failed I wouldn't hesitate to unplug it. If it's screwed stuck on the circles, it's screwed so unplugging wont make it any worse. (same as a power failure, or kids running into your cables - it happens!)

I bet I will be told that's bad advice. It's certainly NOT a trouble shooting method I've seen, but, 4 secs on the power button must work. If not what else can be done? Yeah, unplug the sucker. GOOD LUCK!! *Zip

AndyG, Oct 16, 2015
  5. Leichty Win User
    I've forced shutdown several times trying to get it unstuck even unplugged it. Nothing works the only thing it will do is when I hit the keys ctrl - alt - delete It goes to the screen where I can check the Internet connection and I can restart or shut down the computer which I try end even that . Didn't work . It's not a year old yet

Leichty, Oct 16, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Try this.

Ctrl+Alt+Del. In the bottom right corner if the power Icon. Click on it, then hold down the Shift key and click on Restart. That will that will take you to the Advanced Boot Options menu. Try Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking from there.

Ztruker, Oct 16, 2015
  7. Leichty Win User
    Thank you will try this! I hate not having my computer

Leichty, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Stuck! Help!

1. Stuck! Help! - Similar Threads - Stuck Help

2. Stuck on lock screen. Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on lock screen. Please help: I updated my aunt's laptop for her now when we turn it on it says "Your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin." I click on "set up my PIN" then its making me sign into her old Microsoft account which she...
  3. Stuck on lock screen. Please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on lock screen. Please help: I updated my aunt's laptop for her now when we turn it on it says "Your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin." I click on "set up my PIN" then its making me sign into her old Microsoft account which she...
  4. I'm stuck on a Bsod loop. Error code : inaccessible boot device. Please help !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm stuck on a Bsod loop. Error code : inaccessible boot device. Please help !: Hello,I have been searching for a solution for a while now, and I still don't know how to solve my problem.Whenever my laptop starts, it loads normally with the circling white dot, and then it flashes a blue screen for about a second or so, and finally my pc automatically...
  5. I'm stuck on a Bsod loop. Error code : inaccessible boot device. Please help !

I'm stuck on a Bsod loop. Error code : inaccessible boot device. Please help !: Hello,I have been searching for a solution for a while now, and I still don't know how to solve my problem.Whenever my laptop starts, it loads normally with the circling white dot, and then it flashes a blue screen for about a second or so, and finally my pc automatically...
  6. Battery stuck at 47% Please help me

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery stuck at 47% Please help me: Hello! Since yesterday, I've been experiencing an issue with my laptop. Every time I plug it in to charge overnight and wake up, it always gets stuck at 47%. It never goes beyond that percentage. I've tried looking for solutions on forums, but they didn't help much. I even...
  7. Help! My Windows 11 is stuck "Scanning and repairing c:"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! My Windows 11 is stuck "Scanning and repairing c:": I was just minding my own business through my laptop. Then I got a notification that said Scan and repair driversI pressed it. Then my laptop just decided to never get past "Scanning and repairing drive c:". It keeps restarting over and over, every time after that message...
  8. Help! My Windows 11 is stuck "Scanning and repairing c:"

Help! My Windows 11 is stuck "Scanning and repairing c:": I was just minding my own business through my laptop. Then I got a notification that said Scan and repair driversI pressed it. Then my laptop just decided to never get past "Scanning and repairing drive c:". It keeps restarting over and over, every time after that message...
  9. My laptop is stuck on the signin page, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is stuck on the signin page, please help: My laptop is stuck on the signin page. It just shows my username and below that it says signin. And if I press sign in nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-signin-page-please-help/3399dd53-f9b7-4166-bf54-2db8cbee00b5
  10. My laptop is stuck on the signin page, please help

My laptop is stuck on the signin page, please help: My laptop is stuck on the signin page. It just shows my username and below that it says signin. And if I press sign in nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-signin-page-please-help/3399dd53-f9b7-4166-bf54-2db8cbee00b5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. barrier.c - runtime error stuck