Windows 10: "Stuck" Ignore, Clean up & Junk options in Outlook 365

Discus and support "Stuck" Ignore, Clean up & Junk options in Outlook 365 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Outlook 365 running on Windows 10 has started routing all incoming mail to both Inbox (correctly) and Deleted folders. The settings which should... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Sigurd, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Sigurd Win User

"Stuck" Ignore, Clean up & Junk options in Outlook 365

Outlook 365 running on Windows 10 has started routing all incoming mail to both Inbox (correctly) and Deleted folders.
    The settings which should control this are here -

"Stuck" Ignore, Clean up & Junk options in Outlook 365 [​IMG]

As you can see, these are all flagged as set. No matter what I try I can't alter or unset them.
    I can alter Junk settings, I can change Clean up to various options but can't just switch it off. The main problem is the Ignore which is what is routing copies of my emails to the Deleted folder.

How can I get back control.

:)

Sigurd, Nov 25, 2020

2. Disable new search bar in Outlook 365

OK. There is a way to disable this new search box in Microsoft Office 365. For Outlook:

1. Open Outlook 365.
    2. On the lower left-hand corner click options.
    3. In the User Interface options under the General Tab, click the checkbox Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default.
    4. Click OK.

The search box will now disappear. However, disabling this option would only work on that application. If you open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, you will need to do these same steps to disable the search box (if present) as well. Let me know if this works for you.

Guardian Angel, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Outlook 2016 Junk or Junk Email

I have not used Outlook since 2010 but if I remember correctly, the default folders in Outlook have a JUNK folder and I think it was all in the same list with your email account folders. Try looking in Outlook settings for JUNK and or folder settings. Then see if you can set it to the IMAP JUNK folder or remove it in there.

Access Denied, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Barman58 Win User

Outlook 2016 Junk or Junk Email

The folders you see in Outlook 2016, (or 365), are dependent on the services you are using, in exchange you can see multiple inboxes or combined inboxes for different accounts, the Junk can be separated into junk internal and external mail in outlook, or can be combined using rules

This is usually decided by the server admin to meet business needs, but when using Outlook at home there are some options to control inboxes, but less control of the Junk folders, I actually do all my sorting in the mail server before I see it. The server polls a number of accounts using Pop3 and collects the mail into a central account which is sorted using rules into various categories, and put into "folders" which I connect to by Imap. This means that Outlook (or any other Mail client) only sees one account and I have a tidy mail app

Barman58, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

1. "Stuck" Ignore, Clean up & Junk options in Outlook 365 - Similar Threads - Stuck Ignore Clean

2. In office 365 in outlook where is the junk folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In office 365 in outlook where is the junk folder?: I want to check my spam folder to see if an email I am expecting was redirected there. Where is the junk or spam folder in office 365 outlook?...
  3. In office 365 in outlook where is the junk folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In office 365 in outlook where is the junk folder?: I want to check my spam folder to see if an email I am expecting was redirected there. Where is the junk or spam folder in office 365 outlook?...
  4. In office 365 in outlook where is the junk folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft 365 Outlook ignores my Date & Time format settings

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft 365 Outlook ignores my Date & Time format settings: I live in Switzerland but prefer an English-language UI as: it is my mother tongue it makes it easier to get support However, I prefer to use the local (de-ch) conventions for date, time, currency etc. and have configured the WIndows Regional Settings accordingly...
  6. Outlook Junk Mail capacity

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Junk Mail capacity: Just curious if there is a limit to the number of junk , spam mail that can be stored in the Blocked Mail List, mainly Blocked Mail Domain list? Just blocking junk mail is not as effective as blocking the domain although this can be quite labourious too. 129056
  7. Outlook Junk Mail problem

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Junk Mail problem: I am writing to ask please for help. my Outlook Inbox is getting flooded with Junk Mail. I have been searching for how to stop it. and I do not find anything that helps. I have have been using Hotmail for almost 20 years. I've had plenty of Junk Mail. but now I am overwhelmed...
  8. Outlook Junk Mail problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook Junk Mail problem: I am writing to ask please for help. my Outlook Inbox is getting flooded with Junk Mail. I have been searching for how to stop it. and I do not find anything that helps. I have have been using Hotmail for almost 20 years. I've had plenty of Junk Mail. but now I am overwhelmed...
  9. Outlook 2016 Junk or Junk Email

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 Junk or Junk Email: Hello, I just upgraded from Office 2007 to Office 2016. I go into Outlook and find there are 2 junk folders > 'Junk' and 'Junk Email' When I right click Junk Delete is grey out. When I right click Juck email delete is active. Why do I have 2 Junk folders? And which one...
  10. no "clean up version" option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    no "clean up version" option: I am trying to utilize the back up file history and clearly I'm out of space. Just read some really good articles on how to make some changes to keep from running out of space for the back up in the future but I don't have the option to clean up older versions of backups....